Secret Show Tuesday (9/10) At the Whisky A Go-Go

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DadBod said:

FIRST: You don't know the bands schedule, you also don't know how much other fans have spent on traveling to see the band. 

SECOND: You say you aren't going to judge Kevin any further, but then you go on judging him and making accusations about him. That makes you look immature and possessive. 

LASTLY: There are millions of fans who have not and will not meet Billie or any of Green Day. Stop being a baby about your "cut short" encounter.

I'm not comparing to all other fans. I only saw Alison (since I replied to her) had her car to travel to that show and she ignored me when I needed someone to drive me back.

I'm not stating "accusations" bout Kevin, just saying what he did and how I felt him then. I'm everything but immature and possessive but have it your way

Yeah 3rd point I said myself several times. I'm not complaining at all, what I had was gold. Kevin was just an asshole at that moment, if it disturbs you so much that I can feel that way okay

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

hold on i need to find some popcorn

You're right, some people really need to lash out at me. I'm used to that. I don't need to lick Kevin or pacejunkie's feet. Or anyone's. 

I like how it's become the norm to talk shit about Jeff on here for reasons we can't even possibly judge cause we weren't there (his girlfriend is the one who acted more like shit in my personal free opinion but well), but when I say how something happened to my knowledge, in real life, and people become mad, oh well. @DadBod, no need to take paternalist tones with me, you only look immature then. Let pacejunkie reply for once in her life. As for I, I couldn't care less how you think I look. Kevin was an asshole on that particular moment and that is all. I don't know him otherwise and I don't care. Those who had great experiences with him then great.

1 minute ago, Nightlife said:

you naughty

56 minutes ago, DadBod said:

FIRST: You don't know the bands schedule, you also don't know how much other fans have spent on traveling to see the band. 

SECOND: You say you aren't going to judge Kevin any further, but then you go on judging him and making accusations about him. That makes you look immature and possessive. 

LASTLY: There are millions of fans who have not and will not meet Billie or any of Green Day. Stop being a baby about your "cut short" encounter.

Edit in reaction to the reactioners to your post: omg, the whole shitty discord team, welcome

I love the surrounding hypocrisy, I really do. if you have been in my place, spending 45 sec of whatever with Billie and having Kevin do what he did, you would've all taken much less gloves than me. But go ahead with the bullshit and bullshitting people stating their experiences.

5 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Edit in reaction to the reactioners to your post: omg, the whole shitty discord team, welcome

I love the surrounding hypocrisy, I really do. if you have been in my place, spending 45 sec of whatever with Billie and having Kevin do what he did, you would've all taken much less gloves than me. But go ahead with the bullshit and bullshitting people stating their experiences.

You got to meet him. Be happy with the experience, move on, and please shut up about it, no one really cares.

thanks

1 minute ago, Xboxmaster1466 said:

You got to meet him. Be happy with the experience, move on, and please shut up about it, no one really cares.

thanks

I am more than happy, no worries. Doesn't mean I won't share my thoughts about Kevin (I started replying to it on a subject that had nothing to do with my experience with Billie, a certain pacejunkie brought it on but she didn't have the guts to continue replying herself)

You care about it enough to quote me on the matter. If you really don't care then ignore my posts (and shut up about it). I'm not writing for you.

thanks

1 minute ago, The Bellie said:

I am more than happy, no worries. Doesn't mean I won't share my thoughts about Kevin (I started replying to it on a subject that had nothing to do with my experience with Billie, a certain pacejunkie brought it on but she didn't have the guts to continue replying herself)

You care about it enough to quote me on the matter. If you really don't care then ignore my posts (and shut up about it). I'm not writing for you.

thanks

No, you’re totally right, I forgot I was in the “Shit on Kevin” thread

1 minute ago, Xboxmaster1466 said:

No, you’re totally right, I forgot I was in the “Shit on Kevin” thread

No, you forgot you were on the "Shit on Jeff" forum

I never shat on Kevin just narrating my experience. Doesn't please the hysterical masses apparentely

2 minutes ago, xLumian said:

No one cares. Thanks guys 💩

yeah right. no problem

1 hour ago, The Bellie said:

You're right, some people really need to lash out at me. I'm used to that. I don't need to lick Kevin or pacejunkie's feet. Or anyone's. 

I like how it's become the norm to talk shit about Jeff on here for reasons we can't even possibly judge cause we weren't there (his girlfriend is the one who acted more like shit in my personal free opinion but well), but when I say how something happened to my knowledge, in real life, and people become mad, oh well. @DadBod, no need to take paternalist tones with me, you only look immature then. Let pacejunkie reply for once in her life. As for I, I couldn't care less how you think I look. Kevin was an asshole on that particular moment and that is all. I don't know him otherwise and I don't care. Those who had great experiences with him then great.

you naughty

If you don't mind me asking - what happened when you met billie?

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

Kevin has an extremely good reputation with fans.  It's one thing to be okay with Jeff, or even prefer him, but let's not slam someone.

You know I honesty don't care about reputations. I only stated my little experience that everybody can shit on, I don't care. Freedom of speech only seems compromised on here, that's too bad. People say Jeff is an asshole? Hurrah, everybody backs them. I say that Kevin is an asshole based on a lived experience? I'm attacked by several people. 

Moreover, I don't "prefer" Jeff, I just don't have any personal experience with him, and I feel like the entire forum had spread the word to hate on him after the unfortunate break up with his girlfriend, and many people have started stating that Kevin could replace Jeff, which seems totally irrelevant to me, on their professional ground (let aside my personal opinion of both).

I've never slammed anyone, an opinion is an opinion. The little I've myself seen of Kevin is that. The reactions make me think that people don't want to hear other people's truth, they only want to hear what they want. On the contrary to others I'm not trying to force opinions on anyone. I said I'm happy if others had all marvelous experiences with Kev and I wish to have a better one too if another occasion takes place in the future. The band do what they want about their members, acquaintances, none of my business.

The only person who has been slammed (in a regular, very childish way overall imo) on here, by a significant amount of people, is Jeff, not Kevin.

1 minute ago, The Bellie said:

Kevin, as well as all people in Billie's inner circle, have probably been told to rescue Billie when fans talk to him for too long.  And Jeff has a longstanding reputation of not being friendly to fans as well as the whole girlfriend thing.  Kevin has been nothing but nice to fans.  The only person who has ever badmouthed him was Aaron, and even he conceded he was a nice guy.  Just because you didn't get as much time as you wanted does not make him an asshole.

23 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

No, you forgot you were on the "Shit on Jeff" forum

If only :wub:

23 minutes ago, Xboxmaster1466 said:

anyway, here’s a video to (hopefully) get us back on track

https://streamable.com/s/1hmg9/rbussg

Sorry I'll try to contain my shitposting needs. God that show was amazing, I'm so jealous of everyone who was there! So happy they allowed phones though so the rest of us can at least enjoy the footage.  

44 minutes ago, Thelongshot said:

If you don't mind me asking - what happened when you met billie?

Thanks for asking. It was the evening of the last Coverups show in Oakland on July 20th, that had taken place during the day. I had headed (among other fans) to the Golden bull bar where Prima Donna (Kevin's band) was going to play. I'm not interested in Prima Donna but thought I would be able to see Billie there if he'd followed. I was outside the bar chatting with a fan I had previously met. She had already met Billie several times (many fans from there, SF and more generally California had, I was kinda blown away by that. That fan was very nice so I was really happy for her. I precise it was my 4th time travelling from France to Cali since last year. The previous times I had the hope to meet Billie at one of the Longshot gigs. It didn't happen. This time I had no expectations anymore. I was just enjoying the experience and was in the better mood to meet him I guess. Makes me even more lucky that it happened to me at that moment.) 

So we're chatting, no one around. Suddenly a car stops by, Billie comes out of it with Kevin. She tells me to go right away at him, that it would be my chance. I go. I have my moment with Billie. (Feel like this is gonna annoy some possessive people so the moment in question is in spoilers)

Spoiler

He saw me and came to me without a word at first. I got a big hug from him. I said I came 4 times from France and that he saved my life blah blah blah. He says "merci beaucoup." I take his hand and kiss it 3 or 4 times. (Possessive Kevin triggered that i did that, who knows?) He lets me do, and then says, in a way that he seems touched: "thank you for that." he takes me in his arms again.

After that, which had all roughly lasted 45 sec, Kevin who had stayed on a side (while he could have just come in the bar really! I was nowhere near aggressive or hanging on Billie, I'm not that kind of person. Moreover, Billie did nothing with Kevin right away then, he stayed by the bar while Kevin got in the private quarters right away, I know it cause I came in in turn after that) shouted at Billie: "come on, we have to go now!" in an authoritative way, and irritated, perhaps, Idk. I mean, I could've just spent 15 sec more with Billie and it would have been over, but the way it had ended was what was really violent and disrespectful from Kevin's part. Billie gently apologized and followed Kevin then.

I was really in heaven from the beautiful moment I had just lived. But people on here even being fans of Kevin, I'm disappointed by your reaction of condemning me because I just stated what happened like it happened. You would've felt the exact same way. That I'm lucky or not for meeting Billie at last is not the question. Kevin's behavior at that precise moment was shitty and most of all needless and that's all. It's like I would condemn people for saying that Kevin is a great guy. Good for you people if that's it for you!

3 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Thanks for asking. It was the evening of the last Coverups show in Oakland on July 20th, that had taken place during the day. I had headed (among other fans) to the Golden bull bar where Prima Donna (Kevin's band) was going to play. I'm not interested in Prima Donna but thought I would be able to see Billie there if he'd followed. I was outside the bar chatting with a fan I had previously met. She had already met Billie several times (many fans from there, SF and more generally California had, I was kinda blown away by that. That fan was very nice so I was really happy for her. I precise it was my 4th time travelling from France to Cali since last year. The previous times I had the hope to meet Billie at one of the Longshot gigs. It didn't happen. This time I had no expectations anymore. I was just enjoying the experience and was in the better mood to meet him I guess. Makes me even more lucky that it happened to me at that moment.) 

So we're chatting, no one around. Suddenly a car stops by, Billie comes out of it with Kevin. She tells me to go right away at him, that it would be my chance. I go. I have my moment with Billie. (Feel like this is gonna annoy some possessive people so the moment in question is in spoilers)

Hide contents

He saw me and came to me without a word at first. I got a big hug from him. I saw I wame 4 times from France and that he saved my life blah blah blah. He says "merci beaucoup." I take his hand and kisses it. (Possessive Kevin triggered that i did that, who knows?) He lets me do, and then says, in a way that he seems touched: "thank you for that." he takes me in his arms again.

After that, which had all roughly lasted 45 sec, Kevin who had stayed on a side (while he could have just come in the bar really! I was nowhere near aggressive or hanging on Billie, I'm not that kind of person. Moreover, Billie did nothing with Kevin right away then, he stayed by the bar while Kevin got in the private quarters right away, I know it cause I came in in turn after that) shouted at Billie: "come on, we have to go now!" in an authoritative way, and irritated, perhaps, Idk. I mean, I could've just spent 15 sec more with Billie and it would have been over, but the way it had ended was what was really violent and disrespectful from Kevin's part. Billie gently apologized and followed Kevin then.

I was really in heaven from the beautiful moment I had just lived. But people on here even being fans of Kevin, I'm disappointed by your reaction of condemning me because I just stated what happened like it happened. You would've felt the exact same way. That I'm lucky or not for meeting Billie at last is not the question. Kevin's behavior at that precise moment was shitty and most of all needless and that's all. It's like I would condemn people for saying that Kevin is a great guy. Good for you people if that's it for you!

Truly sorry that happened to you, but delighted that you got to have that moment with Billie. My knee-jerk reaction from your retelling is that Kevin was jealous you were there for BJA and not him, since it was Prima Donna playing that night. Not that it excuses the behavior in any way.

10 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Kevin, as well as all people in Billie's inner circle, have probably been told to rescue Billie when fans talk to him for too long.  And Jeff has a longstanding reputation of not being friendly to fans as well as the whole girlfriend thing.  Kevin has been nothing but nice to fans.  The only person who has ever badmouthed him was Aaron, and even he conceded he was a nice guy.  Just because you didn't get as much time as you wanted does not make him an asshole.

I didn't talk to Billie for "too long". The moment he interrupted us was a quiet moment when Billie had himself taken the initiative to hug me for the 2nd time. My honest feeling by Kevin's tone is that he was annoyed, I don't know why but it's that. Probably I had the luck of experiencing this moment when no one was around. It lasted 45 sec but long enough for Kevin to see that I was nothing like hanging on to Billie. There would have been plenty other ways to shorten the moment with consideration for me. But he had no reason to do it, apart from being annoyed that I didn't care about him, so he didn't care about me in return, that's that.

What I see is you're building your reasoning on "reputations" and "people say that". Well I'm saying my own experience and sadly it seems to just fly with the wind. 

It's not because I "didn't get as much time as I wanted" with Billie that Kev is an asshole, it's the way he shortened it, his tone, his lack of consideration. Maybe he's just like a whole bunch of people of this forum and is allergic to me, I've known plenty people like that. But he certainly didn't do what he did for any virtuous reason "for Billie" one could be lending him.

4 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Truly sorry that happened to you, but delighted that you got to have that moment with Billie. My knee-jerk reaction from your retelling is that Kevin was jealous you were there for BJA and not him, since it was Prima Donna playing that night. Not that it excuses the behavior in any way.

It's exactly that. I did ignore Kevin and showed (not intentionally, but I knew that it showed) that I didn't care about him. I was overly happy and on a cloud when Billie started heading for me and couldn't give my attention to anything else. As a fan of Billie himself, but with a privileged access to him now, Kevin could've showed more compassion. But he decided to act like "an eye for an eye". I grasped that so I just let it happen.

I'm surprised no more videos have popped up on YouTube under "green day"
There isn't really anything under "weezer" or "fall out boy" either

1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

I'm surprised no more videos have popped up on YouTube under "green day"
There isn't really anything under "weezer" or "fall out boy" either

To be fair, there really weren’t all that many people there

• Todd changed the title to Secret Show Tuesday (9/10) At the Whisky A Go-Go

Archived