Secret Show Tuesday (9/10) At the Whisky A Go-Go

pacejunkie punk

50 minutes ago, ImNotInGreenDaydummy said:

was there a vocal track under the new song? sounded like it but i could be wrong. that’d be super upsetting 

I thought the same thing but I think what we are hearing is Jason's vocal with whatever vocal FX they are using.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, J a c said:

Talking about serious stuff... did they actually tossed Matika? 😂

He’s posted about the tour or new single on Instagram so I don’t think so

Still on an adrenaline high from all the footage and now I can't sleep. :lol:  Bang Bang and FOAMF were the best parts. So happy to see Kevin again. Good to see FOAMF works live. I ws worried about how Billie would handle the falsettos.

3 minutes ago, Joe. said:

He’s posted about the tour or new single on Instagram so I don’t think so

Bummer 😅

Green Day smoked Fall Out Boy and Weezer. Literally made them look like high school bands IMO. The energy in the room instantly changed - they were the most believable act of rockstars there. 

It almost felt like: "Okay the kids are done playing, time for the professional entertainers"

3 minutes ago, xLumian said:

Green Day smoked Fall Out Boy and Weezer. Literally made them look like high school bands IMO. The energy in the room instantly changed - they were the most believable act of rockstars there. 

It almost felt like: "Okay the kids are done playing, time for the professional entertainers"

well, YEAH!

Just now, Alan86 said:

Any videos of Bang Bang?

there's a 44 minute clip circulating in the threads that includes BB in its entirety.

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

So is Kevin in the band now?! 😍

Yeah, Billie thinks Matika is too short.

15 minutes ago, Metadon said:

wtf are those backing vocals from nowhere? cmon GD, you have never been like that 

I think that's Jason on the keys, we just hardly can see him in the video

Curious to know what people who attended felt with the shorter set? Looked pretty well rounded on paper and in the livestream. Obviously it's tough cause they have so many great tracks that we are used to hearing live, but I've always wondered about a shorter, snappier, 60-90 minute set from them. 

3 minutes ago, PoisonLemonade said:

Curious to know what people who attended felt with the shorter set? Looked pretty well rounded on paper and in the livestream. Obviously it's tough cause they have so many great tracks that we are used to hearing live, but I've always wondered about a shorter, snappier, 60-90 minute set from them. 

i always liked the fact that they usually perform for more than 2hrs. Its so rare these days but love it. I wish they still do the same but with different songs. I just cant stand again songs like Minority or When I come around anymore. 

13 minutes ago, PoisonLemonade said:

It felt fine. They visited all the key points of the usual set that made it seem complete still. To be honest, I was exhausted by JOS and couldn't believe they were playing another song. 

15 minutes ago, kripack said:

I think that's Jason on the keys, we just hardly can see him in the video

No, they were definitely using a vocal track during the falsetto parts of the verses. 

49 minutes ago, Metadon said:

wtf are those backing vocals from nowhere? cmon GD, you have never been like that 

In defence of the guys, I think they did that in the verses because, if you listen to the studio version, it sounds like Billie uses a double track for his voice. Gives it a certain effect. It's not to hide anything, purely for a different sound, and to imitate the record. 

Perhaps the other guys, including Jason, struggle with falsetto so can't back him up live. 

Do we have any high quality photos yet? 

I’m curious about the Guitar Billie was using during Brain Stew. It looked a lot like Floyd. 

• Todd changed the title to Secret Show Tuesday (9/10) At the Whisky A Go-Go

Archived