Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DadBod said:

I actually think it was pretty relevant to Bang bang. The context of bang bang is media’s coverage of mass shootings. You see that coverage on tvs. 

Pretty clever really. 

Hmmm. Maybe. So if the single is “Kill Your TV” is it a continuation of this theme?

Or maybe the dude got the idea from this clip.

5 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Hmmm. Maybe. So if the single is “Kill Your TV” is it a continuation of this theme?

Not sure. Could be both. 🤷‍♀️

9 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Someone kill your TV

Shoot your fuckin TV

31 minutes ago, Smitty said:

I just want to make a point here real quick. To those of you who claim that Green Day isn't influential anymore or doesn't have the attention of younger generations, let me share this short story i thought was cool.

So every year my drum teacher puts on a concert where his students all perform covers of songs they like, with the most recent one being a couple weeks ago. And the first kid who played was FIVE (5) years old. What was the first song he played? Hitchin' a Ride. 

Green Day is clearly still catching the attention of kids who weren't around for their start.

Is that because GD songs are easy to learn on guitar?  I don't play so I don't know.

16 minutes ago, DadBod said:

No, cause the first one is if it really is the single and the second is if he’s trolling.

28 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Is that because GD songs are easy to learn on guitar?  I don't play so I don't know.

I said drum teacher. The kid was doing a drum cover of Hitchin' a Ride

3 minutes ago, Smitty said:

I said drum teacher. The kid was doing a drum cover of Hitchin' a Ride

That proves my short attention span.😏

What about the two IG posts from Billie Joe? Two times „I still have ....“. Is he refering to some clothes he used in the past and will now be used again?

Maybe both leaks are true. First single „Songs for Assholes“ coming August, 16th. Second single „Kill your TV“ coming September, 6th.

3 minutes ago, steve46 said:

What about the two IG posts from Billie Joe? Two times „I still have ....“. Is he refering to some clothes he used in the past and will now be used again?

Someone asked him in the first post if he still had the tie.  He was probably being a smart ass with the second post.

Just now, The Insider said:

Someone asked him in the first post if he still had the tie.  He was probably being a smart ass with the second post.

Ohhh ok. Thanks. Did not recognize that.

10 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Nope, it was an outdoor stadium show in Europe in 2010, you may be thinking of Sweet Children opening for them at the House of Blues in Cleveland in 2015?

It was Europe. Halloween 2009 at the Manchester Evening News Arena in the UK. FBHT played three songs between Prima Donna (the opener) and GD's set. 

@steve46 and I are the only two really paying attention here.  Straight from Billie Joe, new album is called I Still Have This. 

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

It was Europe. Halloween 2009 at the Manchester Evening News Arena in the UK. FBHT played three songs between Prima Donna (the opener) and GD's set. 

This is correct, I was lucky enough to be at that show 😁

8 hours ago, Alf said:

I can see 12 of the 17 followers of songsforassholes: Sara, Billie Joe, Adrienne, Brit, Mike, Chris Dugan, Tré, Lee Bothwick, Greg Schneider, Scott, Butch Walker and Joey

The 13th is the account fuzzy66_music, I can’t remember who manages that. I guess the remaining 4 are private accounts. 

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah but do you really want a situation where you’re watching a morning or late night talk show and they say, “Green Day is here performing their new hit single off their latest album, Songs for BLEEEEEP!”

They could pull a Guardians of the Galaxy on national TV and say: Songs for AHoles.

Would this weird country called USA censor also “Songs for anuses”? :D 

I really really don't think the album will be called Songs for Assholes. How confusing would it then be that the album will have it's own Instagram account? 

I think it will simply just be an account documenting the album making process that they will make public once the album is announced or out, nothing more.

I imagine one of their aims by switching to Crush was better promotion and calling the album Songs for Assholes would throw that out of the window straight away

9 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah but do you really want a situation where you’re watching a morning or late night talk show and they say, “Green Day is here performing their new hit single off their latest album, Songs for BLEEEEEP!”

?q=Title%26item=102570%26type=forums_top

Problem solved. 

20 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

I really really don't think the album will be called Songs for Assholes. How confusing would it then be that the album will have it's own Instagram account? 

I think it will simply just be an account documenting the album making process that they will make public once the album is announced or out, nothing more.

I imagine one of their aims by switching to Crush was better promotion and calling the album Songs for Assholes would throw that out of the window straight away

I agree. That account it's just a place where they are "saving" memories, imo.

2 hours ago, jengd said:

@steve46 and I are the only two really paying attention here.  Straight from Billie Joe, new album is called I Still Have This. 

Haha perfect :D 

3 hours ago, Ross_19 said:

We'll see what happens. But I think I would really like that.
Sounds like a logic and cool alternative for a DVD documentary in this digital age.

But it would be funny if the whole Songs for Assholes IG account turns out to be a hoax or just something that will disappear without ever going public.
Like, imagine that the master tapes of this record get stolen and they decide to record a whole new album.. "Different songs for Assholes"

I don’t want to be that guy, but do we think that Scott’s Instagram story post means anything? Flat being ready for someone to move in on August the eleventh?

4 minutes ago, Mashmister said:

I don’t want to be that guy, but do we think that Scott’s Instagram story post means anything? Flat being ready for someone to move in on August the eleventh?

Do you and GDfan2019 hangout? 😂

Jk, but yeah, think he's just trying to rent a place out.

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived