Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

Just now, John.reject23 said:

Green Day do something, please. People are going crazy, I'm going crazy. 

We’re all crazy, we’re all crazy now! Well we’re so crazy, we’ve all gone insane! Loss of control!!!

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Folks, repeat after me: "September single, February album."

#ibelievebilliejoe

12 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Guesses don't count as legit info.

13 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I still wish it will be sooner than February

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Reason is probably to line up the release with the new GD album, presumably NEXT Fall. Maybe Matt's source had it wrong? He has been MIA for the past few weeks.

Why in the world would they line up theirs next album with a frivolous and barely significant book based on a old song, and which was very poorly received when it was announced? 

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Guesses don't count as legit info.

Guesses? This is straight from the horse's mouth. Allegedly.

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Why in the world would they line up theirs next album with a frivolous and barely significant book based on a old song, and which was very poorly received when it was announced? 

Other way around. Book is being lined with the album.

1 minute ago, Clockwise said:

Guesses? This is straight from the horse's mouth. Allegedly.

From @TJChrobo? Okay sure but that was months ago. Things change. And still...he's a random dude on the internet who could have easily made it up.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Other way around. Book is being lined with the album.

From @TJChrobo? Okay sure but that was months ago. Things chance. And still...he's a random dude on the internet who could have easily made it up.

Say it out loud, it feels good: "September single, February album." Breathe and repeat.

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

From @TJChrobo? Okay sure but that was months ago. Things change. And still...he's a random dude on the internet who could have easily made it up.

Yeah but he kinda proved to us that he got to talk to Billie when he posted photos

7 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Other way around. Book is being lined with the album

Ok I’ll put it another way then. Why would they line up a frivolous, barely significant, poorly received animated book about an old song  with a new album?

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah but he kinda proved to us that he got to talk to Billie when he posted photos

How is that proof? Thousands of fans have pics with Billie. Did Billie tell them all sensitive album info? He could have easily made up the conversation is all.

27 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

How is that proof? Thousands of fans have pics with Billie. Did Billie tell them all sensitive album info? He could have easily made up the conversation is all.

That isn’t really the point here. Why are you so sure that there will be no album until fall of 2020? Do you have something besides the delay of the Last of American Girls book?

Matt & Todd heard from 2 separate sources that the album was done awhile ago. @TJChrobo seems to be a stand-up guy. He has a detailed story that makes sense and we have no reason to doubt that the conversation occurred. So if you have evidence to the contrary, we’d love to hear it.

15 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

That isn’t really the point here. Why are you so sure that there will be no album until fall of 2020? Do you have something besides the delay of the Last of American Girls book?

Matt & Todd heard from 2 separate sources that the album was done awhile ago. @TJChrobo seems to be a stand-up guy. He has a detailed story that makes sense and we have no reason to doubt that the conversation occurred. So if you have evidence to the contrary, we’d love to hear it.

There has to be a reason behind Matt’s silence. I actually saw him browsing here a few hours ago

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

There has to be a reason behind Matt’s silence. I actually saw him browsing here a few hours ago

Don’t stalk Matt

4 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Don’t stalk Matt

At least he stopped tagging him

You guys really think the album is delayed just because that book is delayed? Why would a finished album be delayed like that?

September single

Why would a single come out in Sept then an album in Feb what planet do you all live on? Plus I'm gonna say 100 percent without a doubt this stupid book has no tie in to the new album release at all. If anything theyre delaying because of new album coming out and that other stupid book and why have so much product at one time.And then the manager moved to la must be because of the new album like he picked up and moved to do green day stuff when theres something called the internet or a phone. Yea I'm sure billie really said to the guy the release time just cuz he has a photo with him. Come on. Get a grip. I saw tre at the grocery store and he said Oct release so .....

9 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

Why would a single come out in Sept then an album in Feb what planet do you all live on? Plus I'm gonna say 100 percent without a doubt this stupid book has no tie in to the new album release at all. If anything theyre delaying because of new album coming out and that other stupid book and why have so much product at one time.And then the manager moved to la must be because of the new album like he picked up and moved to do green day stuff when theres something called the internet or a phone. Yea I'm sure billie really said to the guy the release time just cuz he has a photo with him. Come on. Get a grip. I saw tre at the grocery store and he said Oct release so .....

SWMRS dropped their first single for Berkeley’s on Fire in August of 2018. The album wasn’t released until February 2020. They are on Electra records and managed by Pat Magnarella’s company. It happens, just saying...💁🏼‍♀️ 

35 minutes ago, DadBod said:

SWMRS dropped their first single for Berkeley’s on Fire in August of 2018. The album wasn’t released until February 2019. They are on Electra records and managed by Pat Magnarella’s company. It happens, just saying...💁🏼‍♀️ 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley's_on_Fire

And the album was recorded early 2018! And they released 4 singles off a 10 track album! So, we figured the new album was recorded between February and April, and supposedly the single will be out in September, album in February. I guess it actually makes sense if Billie is following Joey’s release schedule

56 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley's_on_Fire

And the album was recorded early 2018! And they released 4 singles off a 10 track album! So, we figured the new album was recorded between February and April, and supposedly the single will be out in September, album in February. I guess it actually makes sense if Billie is following Joey’s release schedule

we are speculating for months now and nothing happened. The Bull pic and they in studio is just a bull pic and green day in the studio. Maybe they are just jamming so they dont get "rusted". Billie is so active with music at the moment and it seems like the fans/people dont get that. 

my guess is that he plays those small venues this year.. then he takes a break while the album announcement happens next year  till the tour starts late 2020. (and tre's can spend enough time with his child) 

and the ONLY OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF GREEN DAY is in fact:

“Definitely no Green Day single any time soon,”

Stereophonics just announced new album in October and Foo’s reckon Fall 2020 for their new album.  I wonder why such silence from GD?  

9 minutes ago, jengd said:

Stereophonics just announced new album in October and Foo’s reckon Fall 2020 for their new album.  I wonder why such silence from GD?  

It looks like that they have a different strategy now.

edit: Album in February is good for me if they are gonna announce a single very soon.

3 hours ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

we are speculating for months now and nothing happened. The Bull pic and they in studio is just a bull pic and green day in the studio. Maybe they are just jamming so they dont get "rusted". Billie is so active with music at the moment and it seems like the fans/people dont get that. 

my guess is that he plays those small venues this year.. then he takes a break while the album announcement happens next year  till the tour starts late 2020. (and tre's can spend enough time with his child) 

and the ONLY OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF GREEN DAY is in fact:

“Definitely no Green Day single any time soon,”

Nah I don’t buy it. The album has been recorded, we do not have an official confirmation but all the clues and information point there.

Those pictures are clearly from Butch recording studio, and they are linked to quite a few other pictures/videos that in one way or another confirmed that they have been recording during spring/winter. They clearly have been working on something up until the beginning of summer, and only after that “something” was concluded Billie started his side projects “tour”, something that in more or less different ways he has always been doing between and before GD releases, and that as far as we know in no way indicates a delay in their plans. Green Day members and people around them hinted that a tour is coming, and despite the vagueness of those statements I highly doubt these sort of information would start to spread if a tour was coming in more than a one year distance. Then, an announcement/lead single that, as you are suggesting, would come sometimes in spring/late winter 2020 would mean a 1+ year recording/production process. A bit of an overkill unless there’s a C&V scenario :) 

On top of this, people that do have access to privileged information, in different ways, had at least a confirmation that something has been moving since last winter and, despite misunderstandings and limited details (which are more then understandable in this context), I still believe we do not have real reasons to distrust them. Then there is the TJChrobo conversation with Billie that directly confirms the September/February schedule,  we’ll see about that. 

Everything is still unclear and heavily based on speculation, but I really don’t see any element but your gut feeling that indicates your theory is correct :) 

6 hours ago, nopride84 said:

Boy you have a lot to catch up on.

6 hours ago, DadBod said:

SWMRS dropped their first single for Berkeley’s on Fire in August of 2018. The album wasn’t released until February 2020. They are on Electra records and managed by Pat Magnarella’s company. It happens, just saying...💁🏼‍♀️ 

It happens all the time now. Speaking of which, there also seems to be a pattern anymore with new albums, of the first and even second single released being not as accessible or less hit-likely, and then the second or third being more radio friendly. Examples are the most recent albums of Twenty One Pilots and Billie Eilish. Oh and SWMRS. I just wonder if GD will follow this pattern. 

• Khaleesi. locked this topic

Archived