Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

28 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if they’ll make an announcement when Billie gets back home from Glastonbury

If I had to guess, probably won’t be until after cover ups show. You don’t really announce your new album then go play in a cover band with your buddies, that’s what you do when you’re in downtime between recording and promoting an album. Also it is not the environment for new music or a song debut so that show will be strictly coverups unless tre comes on for a hot tubs song like that one show!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

You’re usually right on the money with your comments, but I’ll have to disagree with you here. Though they did have trouble filling some select places on the last tour, this wasn’t the case for the UK (actually they did well in most places in Europe and only really struggled in some areas of the US). Also, while I can grant you that the Foos had bigger crowds for their tour than Green Day, that doesn’t mean the guys would have any difficulty with appearing at Glastonbury.

If what you’re saying were true, then they wouldn’t have been able to sell out Emirates in 2013 or Hyde Park in 2017 or have pulled that massive crowd at Reading in 2013. As I said, yes Glastonbury is more pop, but the lines between it and Reading are being blurred. So, you’d have to make the argument that they couldn’t even turn up at Reading next year either, for fear of the crowds being too small, and that would honestly be a ludicrous thing to say.

As above, Hyde park “sold out” on the day so no that doesn’t prove anything. Of course they would get a crowd at Glastonbury, my point is they wouldn’t get booked. They’re not really thought about by most people in the UK, give it a decade and they could maybe do the “legend” slot, but right now they’re not old enough or have enough widespread popularity to do it.

52 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Umm no. I’ve never heard it before. They’re okay. I’d prefer any kiss song over it. 

Don’t really listen to the cure but not sure they’re that comparable to kiss :lol:

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

They're okay imo. I'm sure you've heard this before

Reminds me of rebeca black

Just now, Asik said:

Reminds me of rebeca black

Geez my eyes are burning! 

2 minutes ago, J a c said:

Geez my eyes are burning! 

Why? The countdown of the days of the week is pretty similar to the rebecca black song. Rebecas 'friday' song is pretty dope. To me it sounds as good as this one. 

not that it means anything but I hear Cure’s Lovesong on multiple radio stations at least 5 times a day in Houston where as GD only gets played on one channel and it’s usually She (which I find amazing) or Brain Stew with an occasional Longview and Basket Case

1 minute ago, Asik said:

Why? The countdown of the days of the week is pretty similar to the rebecca black song. Rebecas 'friday' song is pretty dope. To me it sounds as good as this one. 

source.gif 

59 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if they’ll make an announcement when Billie gets back home from Glastonbury

I doubt it, an announcement like that would need a load of prep in advance and that's probably not happening while he goes off to see his son play.

21 minutes ago, Asik said:

Come on now there’s more to the songs than just counting down days of the week

15 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

I doubt it, an announcement like that would need a load of prep in advance and that's probably not happening while he goes off to see his son play.

But i do think we will have something concrete by 31st July. 

3 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Come on now there’s more to the songs than just counting down days of the week

Im sure its great, but thats my first impression

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

While we're listing the days of the week

The ultimate week run through 

36 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

Blink came out with another song. C’mon Green Day

Do something 🥺

An awful song btw

1 minute ago, john.brat said:

An awful song btw

I liked the song tho. It’s good. 

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

How about this? Not exactly days of the week, but does feature “day”.

14 minutes ago, Morse Code Guy said:

How about this? Not exactly days of the week, but does feature “day”.

Lady Madonna should be your go to Beatles days of the week song 😉

Idk why Blink keeps coming up in this thread but just because one artist releases something, doesn't mean Green Day should be compelled to release something before it's done. Especially when said Blink song is mediocre (as were the 2 singles they released prior).

And this is coming from someone who thought California was a great album

43 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Damn catchy. I keep doing pelvic thrust while lying on my back and moving my buns to this song.  What have i done 😰

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

No

Some other off-topic facts about Green Day regarding Reading Festival (because we're off-topic anyway haha):

Their live performance of BOBD is with more than 18 million views the 2nd most watched live performance at Reading on YouTube of all time, after Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and the full-length video is the most watched video of any extended/full set at Reading on YouTube. 

The views of their BOBD peformance also far trumps any given single live video by either the Foo Fighters or The Killers (never mind specifically at Glastonbury or Reading). Wether or not they'd sell out at Glastonbury, I of course cannot predict, but I'm pretty sure Green Day could make a run at it and: 

• The festival organisers would almost certainly go along with it
  • They'd probably also make a big success of it

One more thing on the Cure/Green Day thing. Not to be superficial. But Billie still looks damn good. Robert looks like death warmed over, as my mom used to say. The eyeliner on Robert just has to go. It was so distracting during their HOF performance that it affected my enjoyment of it. And!, back on topic.

What I gained from the past 2 pages is the fact that some people here have opinions about music and haven't even't listened to the freaking cure. Disgusting

2 hours ago, john.brat said:

An awful song btw

You're awful

14 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Some other off-topic facts about Green Day regarding Reading Festival (because we're off-topic anyway haha):

Their live performance of BOBD is with more 18 million views the 2nd most watched live performance at Reading on YouTube of all time, after Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and the full-length video is the most watched video of any extended/full set at Reading on YouTube. 

The views of their BOBD peformance also far trumps any given single live video by either the Foo Fighters or The Killers (never mind specifically at Glastonbury or Reading). Wether or not they'd sell out at Glastonbury, I of course cannot predict, but I'm pretty sure Green Day could make a run at it and: 

• The festival organisers would almost certainly go along with it
  • They'd probably also make a big success of it

Glastonbury would sell out regardless bud it’s glastonbury, it shifts hundreds of thousands of tickets in minutes. That’s my point, it’s a different beast to any other festival in the world. This isn’t the same as Coachella, or Reading or anything else.

My point is that Green Day are almost certainly not even on the mind of Emily Eavis, there’s simply so many bigger acts that would bend over backwards to headline first. That’s not a slight on Green Day, just a fact that the biggest festival in the world gets the biggest acts in the world. If you’re subjective you’ll know Green Day aren’t in that top tier anymore 

I get what you're saying, but if Kasabian and Arcade Fire (and I get Kasabian is British and bigger in the UK then elsewhere, but still) can be headliners, so can Green Day. The list of alternative bands relevant to Glastonbury and rivalling Green Day's size and brand recognition even in today's setting isn't all that long either, although I didn't say they would get the slot handed to them on a silver platter. It would still be advantageous to spark some amount of interest in the main-stream with their next album.

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived