Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

I believe Matt's intentions are good, and that he's not lying to us. On the other hand, I know he's only allowed to share a tiny fraction of that information with the rest of us. I hope nobody thinks he'd actually lie about anything, because what good does that do? Last time around, though, he admitted that his intel wasn't what he was led to believe. Speaking for myself only, I don't feel he's to blame for the confusion as much as his source. Everyone else is free to do as they please, and they will.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Matt is a big fat liar stupid dummy dippy head. Matt dm the tracklist to the new album and some new songs and your credit card info and maybe social security and I'll believe you and you can clear your name

1 hour ago, DeJennsitized said:

He literally admitted to getting bad info a few pages back. It's really not a bad thing to not believe anything unless it comes from the band directly. 

If I recall, he admitted that he misinterpreted the info. Not that the info he received was wrong.

I think it's fine to be skeptical until we hear something from the band but idk why people are acting like Matt is purposely lying to us or misleading us.

35 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

No Matt is a big fat liar stupid dummy dippy head. Matt dm the tracklist to the new album and some new songs and your credit card info and maybe social security and I'll believe you and you can clear your name

How dare you, sir. You oughta know that's all worthless without his mother's maiden name.

59 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

If I recall, he admitted that he misinterpreted the info. Not that the info he received was wrong.

I think it's fine to be skeptical until we hear something from the band but idk why people are acting like Matt is purposely lying to us or misleading us.

Bingo. It’s one thing to misinterpret a nebulous piece of information like exactly what small thing is going to happen in a certain week.  But “the album was done in April” is specific and in the past tense. If this was wrong, I’m sure he would know by now. I see no reason to doubt the information. 

2 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Bingo. It’s one thing to misinterpret a nebulous piece of information like exactly what small thing is going to happen in a certain week.  But “the album was done in April” is specific and in the past tense. If this was wrong, I’m sure he would know by now. I see no reason to doubt the information. 

I’ll just throw this out there- I have also heard that recording was completed by April, from a source other than Matt/his source, and long before Matt made any indication of it here on the forum :) 

15 minutes ago, Todd said:

I’ll just throw this out there- I have also heard that recording was completed by April, from a source other than Matt/his source, and long before Matt made any indication of it here on the forum :) 

Let me guess, from Billie himself?

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Let me guess, from Billie himself?

I seriously doubt it.

Alright alright alright well now the question is how long does it usually take, after an album is finished recording, until we start hearing some things about it? If it was done BY april then we can't have to much time left. Single early to mid July, by August ladies and gentlemen, were gonna have a new Green day song to jam to. 😎

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Alright alright alright well now the question is how long does it usually take, after an album is finished recording, until we start hearing some things about it?

I’m sure they’re talking to the label about possible release dates and they’re probably booking tour dates around the world, if they haven’t done it already

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m sure they’re talking to the label about possible release dates and they’re probably booking tour dates around the world, if they haven’t done it already

Yeah that sounds about right. New music within the next month if say unless I'm totally underestimating how long this process takes

27 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Alright alright alright well now the question is how long does it usually take, after an album is finished recording, until we start hearing some things about it? If it was done BY april then we can't have to much time left. Single early to mid July, by August ladies and gentlemen, were gonna have a new Green day song to jam to. 😎

it all depends on artists and labels there's no set date for how long a record is done to promotion and such 

Also is the mixing of the record part of the recording process or the release process. If it is yet to be mixed, it might take some more time. 

13 minutes ago, Jinxs said:

Also is the mixing of the record part of the recording process or the release process. If it is yet to be mixed, it might take some more time. 

Part of the recording process and mixing doesn’t take that long about a week/two tops for most projects 

7 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying second hand info is always going to be less reliable than actual first hand news. Due to misinterpretation, miscommunication or something else. Everyone keeps getting their hopes up based on the slightest bit of a hint and I just think it’s a waste of energy 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

14 hours ago, petros said:

American Idiot was "only" 13 songs and it's easier their best, no debate. And even then we could live without she's a rebel and extraordinary girl. Quality over quantity.

Best and most sensible comment of all this thread.

8 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

idk why people are acting like Matt is purposely lying to us or misleading us.

That didn't happen at any point 

Hey I made a stupid thread on /r/greenday with some evidence gathered via social media (like this forum) regarding a new album. I was wondering if anyone could look through it and add some things I've missed?  I can't think of anything else off hand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/greenday/comments/c6gek6/there_is_going_to_be_new_green_day_music_very/

Shit something seriously happening soon now. 

Ok so if recording finished in April

I would say give 6 months for the mixing and mastering process

So Sep-Oct release

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived