Next Album Anticipation Thread

Verycool99

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

What else would Orange Summer be about?

It could be a fun lighthearted song about summer in orange county and it could sound like Maroon 5

wouldn't that be worse than a trump song? lol

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surfing - rather than Trump.  He clearly said Trump was getting nothing from him, I hope he’s stuck with that.

sorry, realised I didn’t make it clear I meant as in Orange County.

58 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Exactly this. Billie Joe reflecting on the time just before the release of AI: "If they hang us then fuck it" 

They need to be bold like that again. The lack of attention though isn't really the same as the Warning situation. Green Day still has influence in alternative and rock radio and it was evident during the tour. Almost every person I spoke to at the show was seeing Green Day for the first time in their Rev Rad shirts.

I also saw a lot of older GD fans in my social circle come back after hearing the title track and Bang Bang and a lot of people who questioned their integrity years ago spoke out about how they were really wrong and never anticipated Green Day to record an entire album on their own especially with all the resources they had available to them after AI. 

The lack of attention is mostly from pop radio and pop culture. Green Day has crossed over to that on several occasions but they're not really aligned in that segment anyways. Green Day manufactured this lack of pop culture attention themselves. How many self produced songs ever hit the top 100? 

To be brutally honest I think they've got the whole nostalgia, "classic act" thing going on which is why they still get new people turning up to shows. I don't think many people would consider RevRad to be their top GD album.

Idk, I just don't really hear anyone discuss Green Day. Not journalists, not fans, nobody. 

29 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Ugh please no

Yeah, Billie's been pretty cringeworthy the way he's included politics in his lyrics lately

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It could be a fun lighthearted song about summer in orange county and it could sound like Maroon 5

wouldn't that be worse than a trump song? lol

Summer in OC makes a lot of sense to me which is why the more I think about these titles the more I’m starting to believe them 🤔

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Summer in OC makes a lot of sense to me which is why the more I think about these titles the more I’m starting to believe them 🤔

And Puppydog Crush sounds like it could be about Adrienne!! Either that or another song about Whatsername LMFAO!!!

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

And Puppydog Crush sounds like it could be about Adrienne!! Either that or another song about Whatsername LMFAO!!!

We know the Armstrongs love their dogs 🐶 

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They're kinda believable but...damn I so don't want it to be true.  

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

I’m crediting @Goofygoldfish for this one but Burn It All = California wildfires?  I like that too. 

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

These song titles are actually growing on me. The first one that caught my eye as I said was As The World Turns

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

These song titles are actually growing on me. The first one that caught my eye as I said was As The World Turns

Rome Falls sounds like a reference to society collapsing all around you while people do nothing. 

I can’t believe people are judging songs based off nothing more than a post on a website which literally anyone including one of us could have made 😂

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I don't really care about the song titles. They're quite clichéd, which can both be a sign on them being fake an legit, but that doesn't say anything about the music anyway. The reason why I hope the leak is fake is the description of the music the leaker gave.

1 minute ago, jumpsalty said:

I can’t believe people are judging songs based off nothing more than a post on a website which literally anyone including one of us could have made 😂

The same thing happened with the Revolution Radio track list then look what happened

6 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

It’s just for fun at this point.

38 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

Was it you.... 😉🤣

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Rome Falls sounds like a reference to society collapsing all around you while people do nothing. 

Yeah while people do nothing and just tweet about it

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yeah while people do nothing and just tweet about it

giphy.gif

The fall of Rome phrase is so overused these days that I can't comprehend how could anyone still use it unironically.

Which one of these songs contains the lyrics Billie mumbled into his phone?  🤣

Just now, amberwhite said:

Which one of these songs contains the lyrics Billie mumbled into his phone?  🤣

Oh yeah I forgot about that! 

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that! 

Thanks for posting that, I was too lazy to look for it.

11 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

Thanks for posting that, I was too lazy to look for it.

Sure why not, we’re analyzing every other crazy thing here today 😜

Don't forget, back in the day, the titles had nothing to do with the content of the songs! 

Even if this list is real, it may hold no clues whatsoever to anything else. 

I'm still enjoying speculating though 😂

Summers in Orange County 

Joey ❤️ Basey puppydog crush

Burn it all - california wildfires

Take a stand could be any number of political/human rights things he's got behind, but I feel it's the #ibelieveher one, this could also be the judge and jury song

Antisocial media is a very Billie term, and we all know how much he wants phones limited at shows! 

• Hermione locked this topic

Archived