3 New Longshot EPs Released on SoundCloud

Jon Benjamin

The Southern Girls cover sounds a lot like Wavves. Not sure how it compares to the original though

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

True wasn’t written for Bullets but he did give it to them 

Yeah , and he must have made a demo anyway. I'm pretty sure he'd file this song as a "These Paper Bullets" song even though it wasn't first meant for the musical.

+ Fuck Time wasn't written for Green Day, but still was released as "Green Day"

47 minutes ago, Cult Hero said:

The Southern Girls cover sounds a lot like Wavves. Not sure how it compares to the original though

It’s very true to the Cheap Trick version and is worth checking out:

31 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Lil Rough's side project 

😂😂😂 Seriously though at the rate he’s going I’m going to start to think of it that way. 

I am a rock sounds sooooo good

Love the mix of the guitars and the rawness.. fantastic stuff 

OMG another Monday morning spent running around like an idiot trying to catch up with all that Billie Joe has going on !  I am a rock - my fav Simon and Garfunkel song, who had him down for covering that!  The covers are awesome, the new stuff is awesome but I'm only seeing on YouTube!  Need a download NOW!

@J a c you do know there is a full GD version of A Quick one, part of the extra's with 21CBD?

Fever Blister, Razor Baby and I've Got My Problems can go away. Other than that, it is very good. I'm glad to here good quality versions of two more These Paper Bullets songs and I think I Am A Rock was a great cover.

Sounds like Tre drumming in Fever Blister...

Don't think it's Billie anyway

SoundCloud automatically reproduces a random super swaggy rapper everytime a playlist is over, every time I don’t realize it, and every time I think a Nightlife part 2 has been added to the Longshot profile :lol:

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

@J a cyou do know there is a full GD version of A Quick one, part of the extra's with 21CBD?

It’s my favourite cover from GD ;) 

1 minute ago, jengd said:

Thanks a gazzilion @squashie09  and @Liam everything but Devil's Kind?  Guess it's still coming.

He's putting Devil's Kinda on all streaming platforms (ituners, the spotify etc.) "soon"

Someone asked for the cover pictures :) 

Unknown_2.jpg

Spoiler

Unknown_1.jpg

Spoiler

Unknown.jpg

Just getting my second listen to the new stuff.  Southern Girls is great but it's the first time I ever thought Billie Joe/Green Day used a drum machine, at the start at least, doesn't sound so much like it later on.

UPDATE:

Started listening to that stuff at 3 AM.

Went to sleep at 7 AM.

Woke up and listened again.

Finished a few hours ago.

:wub:

Fucking hell, MORE NEW SONGS? I CAN't COPE!!! The Longshot is an amazing project so far, I'm loving making my way through all these new tracks!

I never understood the love for Dreamcatcher. I always thought it was decent but understood completely why they never put it out. Now Olivia on the other hand is a song I would love to get a studio version of one day!

Oh god Fever Blister is so much fun. I also really love I Got My Problems. Catchy as hell I wonder why he didn’t put that on the album it’s only two minutes. I swoon when he mentions Baby Blue 🎸💕🎸💕 Sweet song. This must be one he’s had around for a while. There was an interview he gave for South America before the RevRad tour in 2016 where he was talking about his relationship with Adrienne and he used almost these exact words — We have our problems, but we have our solutions. I wonder if this was written around that time.

YUS! Can't wait to listen to Devil's Kind! I'm happy to see all this stuff he's posting. It's so exciting! 

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Just getting my second listen to the new stuff.  Southern Girls is great but it's the first time I ever thought Billie Joe/Green Day used a drum machine, at the start at least, doesn't sound so much like it later on.

I think a drum machine was used for nightlife 

i'm sorry but i just freaking love that song Fever Blister ><

it's soo good i want it in the next Green Day album :happy:

25 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Not getting the love for Southern Girls, at least not yet. Fever Blister though. Imagine that shit live :runaround:

Maybe now that the demos are out he’ll add some of these to the Longshot set. People should start requesting Fever Blister live on the Longshot account and he might add it (seeing how receptive he is to popular demand 😄) He’ll for sure want to play something he knows will get a big reaction from the crowd.

Archived