Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

12 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

13 is the PERFECT amount, but anyway.  :)

12 is (or any even number is) (I dont like odd numbers)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chanderson said:

The album has completely leaked, yet there's literally nothing on YouTube, which is surprising. Still haven't really heard the album myself, being here in California.

An album that has been released can’t be considered “leaked.”

I didn't find it on Spotify when I searched for The Longshot. I had to search for Love Is For Losers for it to show up! 

Just now, Matt. said:

An album that has been released can’t be considered “leaked.”

Well I consider it leaked when it hasn't been released where I live haha

3 minutes ago, Chanderson said:

Well I consider it leaked when it hasn't been released where I live haha

If got out through an official source though. 

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

If got out through an official source though. 

Alright, lets stop taking my original comment so literally. All I meant was for so many people having access to the album already, I'm surprised I can't find anything online yet.

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't think it's catty or wrong for people to be confused or disappointed about the absence of Devil's Kind. I definitely think it's an odd decision to cut arguably the best song of the bunch out of the album, especially when it's a song that feels like it could belong on an album with the rest of the songs

When did I say that was why I’m calling people catty around here? That’s from being around for years.

You should realize that 90% of the time I post, I don’t know what thread I’m in, nor have I read the thread. I’m usually responding in a micro fashion so to be honest, while I’ve seen around here that they have been cut, I didn’t even know that was in this thread.

Maybe it's been coming for a while, but I personally didn't know about any of this Longshot business before April 1st.   So for an album to be dropping not even 3 weeks after this discovery is the best thing ever!   

I could hardly stand the suspense and I only had to wait 19 days.  

Let's think about what's coming.....

Billie created this entire thing all by himself.   This album is ROCKING.  

Now think about the man that did that, joining forces yet again with his two brothers who have perfected their craft with him over the last 28 years.  I tell you, when Green Day come back they are going to be in BEAST MODE.  They are going to have the creative ability and prowess to make another Trilogy, and it succeed!!!  One disc like Dookie, One like American Idiot and one like Nimrod - not in sound but of success.  

But they've done that already, so no point in looking back.   

But seriously, I think that Revolution Radio let them build their confidence back up from a bad spot they were in.  And this is Billie wanting to hold onto it, to not let the bonfires go out, as he has said.  

And it's not him going insane, trying to figure out how to outdo an album from 14 years ago.  It's him finding passion in a 30 year old career that could be buring out by now.   

It's him and his two friends finding a way to keep playing Green Day songs and still find a f**king reason to do it.   

That reason is their love of Rock N Roll.  Simple and pure.  Spiritual.  

Just listening to the full thing for the first time. 

Loving "The Last time" and "Cult Hero"

Body Bag isn't as bad as I thought it would be,

This album is a really cool thing to tide us over to the next album, of course it would have been great to get Devils Kind too,

but it is what is and what it is, is excellent.

Am I the only one who hears similarities between The Last Time and Elton John's Crocodile Rock? :lol:

2 hours ago, squashie09 said:

Apparently this was posted on the @loserclub (its private) instagram: (album credit). The account below also has a screenshot that says the record will be available at 11pm EST tonight.

So there is going to be a Physical release?

^^^ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I can’t see the loser club insta and that’s a fan account above posting stuff.

just saw a YT link for the full album that was added an hour ago, but when i clicked, i got the 'video is not available'. not sure if its regional, or if it was yanked.

Just listened to the entire thing, and just WOW.:wub: I love it. Usually it takes me months, maybe even years to appreciate every song on an album, but with this, I've fallen in love with every single song by first proper listen. Every single song is just so damn catchy. I can't pick a fave atm, but I'm loving The Last Time and Soul Surrender.

Well, I was gonna listen to it and then go to sleep, but now sleep can wait - I've got an album to listen to over and over.:lol:

I’ve been pretty busy the last week, so this morning before work I booted up apple music and thought “let’s finally listen to that longshot EP!”

Then I see that the whole album is casually sitting there! Great surprise for the morning!

55 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Just listened to the entire thing, and just WOW.:wub: I love it. Usually it takes me months, maybe even years to appreciate every song on an album, but with this, I've fallen in love with every single song by first proper listen. Every single song is just so damn catchy. I can't pick a fave atm, but I'm loving The Last Time and Soul Surrender.

Well, I was gonna listen to it and then go to sleep, but now sleep can wait - I've got an album to listen to over and over.:lol:

I was trying to write what I felt listening the album but you said everything what I wanted to say , except  Favorite songs... I'm in love with Happiness and Cult Hero

Has there been any mention of physical releases?

I’d hate for it to be a US only sort of thing.

I'm hoping that when The Longshot and/or Billie's Instagram accounts officially announce the album's release tonight, they will address the GIGANTIC elephant in the room, which is the absence of Devil's Kind. :)

back when the speculation was going on i made a guess joey played drums for the longshot.. i was wrong, but im happy i was wrong. it's a lot more special that he only plays on happiness, which one would assume is about him. man they should do a video for that song consisting of old clips of billie and joey, like when GD did the mtv pop disaster tour video diary and he took joey out to get a fish. he was what? 8 at the time something like that? obviously thats just one example but you guys get the point. my oddball ideas aside having joey play for ONLY that song as opposed to not at all or the whole album is really sweet.

2 minutes ago, Josh100_3 said:

Has there been any mention of physical releases?

I’d hate for it to be a US only sort of thing.

I think a vinyl release is a sure thing, but I wouldn't bank on a CD release.

14 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

I think a vinyl release is a sure thing, but I wouldn't bank on a CD release.

Dunno why you’d say don’t bank on a cd release 

The Longshot official Instagram account have posted the back cover now....every second comment is about Devil’s Kind.....think they may get the message!

Is it just me or does The Last Time seem like an odd choice to open the album....almost like there was a track missing....

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived