Longshot album Love is for Losers

Eric

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SHART said:

I LOVE BODYBAG:P

Why? 

I've loved Body Bag since we first heard it years ago. I don't understand the hate it gets, I feel like everyone is saying they don't like it but not really giving any reasons why so I'm just curious can someone explain exactly what they dislike about it?

I’m not a fan of the album version of body bag because of the vocals. Same reason I’m not fond of Razor Baby. I do like body bag when played live because it’s Billies natural voice and I can actually understand what’s being sung. 

9 hours ago, SHART said:

I LOVE BODYBAG:P

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Why? 

1 hour ago, Q-Man said:

I've loved Body Bag since we first heard it years ago. I don't understand the hate it gets, I feel like everyone is saying they don't like it but not really giving any reasons why so I'm just curious can someone explain exactly what they dislike about it?

I love it too, always have. I love the dreamy, psychedelic quality of the melody and the arrangement. I love the dark funny idea of comparing your life to a kind of death. I love the drums, the trippy guitar, it all comes together so well. 

I don't like it because it's boring, the vocals are weird, the lyrics don't do anything for me and it's just incredibly mediocre compared to pretty much everything Green Day or  Billie has done

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't like it because it's boring, the vocals are weird, the lyrics don't do anything for me and it's just incredibly mediocre compared to pretty much everything Green Day or  Billie has done

In subject and arrangement it’s much more interesting to listen to than Ordinary World. I got bored of that very quickly. I wanted Body Bag to be the closer to RevRad instead but I guess it didn’t fit with the sincerity of that album.

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I love it too, always have. I love the dreamy, psychedelic quality of the melody and the arrangement. I love the dark funny idea of comparing your life to a kind of death. I love the drums, the trippy guitar, it all comes together so well. 

Agreed and I like Billie's freaky vocals on it. Same for Razor Baby.

Body Bag has such a different and pleasant vibe to it. Like the rest of the album, I quite love the way it sounds. It certainly doesn't ruin the flow of the album for me. I haven't listened to LIFL in almost a week, I've been pretty occupied with other new music that has come out recently. I'm definitely going to listen to it today, it just feels good.

Is Body Bag really getting dislike on here? It's a fantastic song..

-amazing guitarwork throughout- one thing I don't know and should- is that BJA playing the solo during the studio version? I honestly don't know

-I hear Lennon-esque qualities and influence throughout- maybe it's just me. Or the lyrics which seem kind of Sgt. Pepper...maybe I'm just reaching too deep and trying to overanalyze, but that's what I get out of this

- live- oh my goodness, it was a standout the night I saw them, just a perfect live song

- if we want to compare it to the Green Day catalogue, the change of pace is one of the more interesting approaches we've heard in quite awhile...nothing quite like it since possibly Redundant, heavy and slow at the same time

-it fits the album perfectly, it's not a reach or an outlier at all

-I'm also really glad and admire Billie for not forcing this into a GD album. As much as I love the song, he's been holding onto this for a while and thought it didn't fit onto RR and didn't want to hold onto it for the next one either. But he still felt it was a great song and put it out there for us. So consider us lucky.

I didn’t like Body Bag at all at first but it grew on me a lot hearing it live. I still skip it frequently because I’m often not in the right mood for it, but I greatly appreciate it now from an artistic standpoint. It stands out as being very different from just about everything else he’s done and yet still fits the record surprisingly well.

5 hours ago, SHART said:

The vocals are dreamy/spacy - it fits perfectly with the lyrics.

^^I completely agree. It fits with the lifelessness of the character in the song. 

On 6/12/2018 at 8:19 PM, Maddie86 said:

I was wondering about any updates on this and I just checked your link and it says "vinyl unavailable", hmm

UPDATE:  As of this post, the vinyl is up again for pre-order at Amazon USA here, with a release date of July 27, 2018.  Also, when I checked Amazon UK, it also showed up there with a release date of July 20, 2018.  Hope this helps.  

7 hours ago, American Basket Case said:

UPDATE:  As of this post, the vinyl is up again for pre-order at Amazon USA here, with a release date of July 27, 2018.  Also, when I checked Amazon UK, it also showed up there with a release date of July 20, 2018.  Hope this helps.  

thanks for the Amazon link for pre-order

For you UK folk.. The Longshot album is up for pre-order release on vinyl on Amazon. Due to be released 27th July! 😊

Haven't been on here for a while, but I'm still listening to this album a lot and I seem to love it more and more every day. I want to see them live so bad that I dreamed about buying tickets for shows here in Europe more than once, I'm a mess:lol: But I guess David's recent post ("drive, fly, walk, run, just don't miss these 2 shows") means that there will definitely be no touring outside of the US. :(

Looking forward to the Vinyl release though, release date in Germany is July 20th, yay! I would have preferred a CD too, but I was expecting to get no physical copy at all, so that's great.

1 hour ago, Thatsername said:

Haven't been on here for a while, but I'm still listening to this album a lot and I seem to love it more and more every day. I want to see them live so bad that I dreamed about buying tickets for shows here in Europe more than once, I'm a mess:lol: But I guess David's recent post ("drive, fly, walk, run, just don't miss these 2 shows") means that there will definitely be no touring outside of the US. :(

Looking forward to the Vinyl release though, release date in Germany is July 20th, yay! I would have preferred a CD too, but I was expecting to get no physical copy at all, so that's great.

Oh no :(. I've fucked myself up by renewing my passport just in case of needing ID for a Longshot show lol, even though I knew it's not likely it still felt like I was preparing for one. But I mean FBHT said "What's next? I've got you on my mind England" but then scrapped coming here and said nothing else about it, and then turned up here 18 months and a Green Day album later. So anything is possible. They could still do more this summer if they felt like it or do a tour/random shows another time. I don't want to give up hope yet :lol: 

25 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Oh no :(. I've fucked myself up by renewing my passport just in case of needing ID for a Longshot show lol, even though I knew it's not likely it still felt like I was preparing for one. But I mean FBHT said "What's next? I've got you on my mind England" but then scrapped coming here and said nothing else about it, and then turned up here 18 months and a Green Day album later. So anything is possible. They could still do more this summer if they felt like it or do a tour/random shows another time. I don't want to give up hope yet :lol: 

Especially because Billie is now in France

I wondered if he was since Bill, Hans and Joey posted stuff from Cannes. I wonder what's going on. It looked like Joey's story yesterday and Hans's video is a stage/set thingy.

2 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I wondered if he was since Bill, Hans and Joey posted stuff from Cannes. I wonder what's going on. It looked like Joey's story yesterday and Hans's video is a stage/set thingy.

Holy shit:o

Not to jump the gun or anything but just in case, how were tickets for the US tour sold? I never paid enough attention, was the sale always announced in advance so you could be ready for it?

4 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

I thought about a SWMRS music video

1 minute ago, Alf said:

I thought about a SWMRS music video

Or a video for Happiness with Joey on drums? 😉

• Hermione changed the title to Longshot album Love is for Losers

Archived