'The Longshot' - Debut self-titled EP

Second favourite son

8 minutes ago, emenius said:

Do you think it’s possible he’s going to release all this material as a series of EPs rather than a single album? If that’s the case I hope we still get some kind of physical release.

Also, after all the great artwork they’ve put on the Instagram account, how did the EP end up with that terrible cover?! 

I don’t think so. They’ve said all along that Love is for Losers was an album title and this EP is just called The Longshot. There’s still a full album to come.

• Like 1

can anyone tell me why i get vibes of "i dont want o spoil the party" from the beatles while listening to chasing a ghost???????????????

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

can anyone tell me why i get vibes of "i dont want o spoil the party" from the beatles while listening to chasing a ghost???????????????

YESSS

6 minutes ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

why?????

The melody of the chorus of both songs are very simular

okay i am not the only one - nice

2 minutes ago, Beatlesdude said:

The melody of the chorus of both songs are very simular

even the "so if you see her tell her i said hello" its so beatlish" like "if she turns up let me know" 

i really enjoy the new music, its very uplifting and it has a nice melody

i wonder why they/billie didnt release this as green day

do we already know who the members of longshot are?

9 minutes ago, FluffyGD said:

Guys, I’m pretty sure that I know who is in the band... do you wanna know? 😉

Why would you ask that question when you know the answer is yes?

7 hours ago, jengd said:

@KarlAuerE12thSt I don't know if this is a legit clip but it's one of the tracks listed.  Thought we could do to refresh our memories of the track listing, or maybe that's just me!

1. Devil’s Kind

2. Body Bag

3. Chasing a Ghost

4. Cult Hero

5. The Last Time

6. Taxi Driver

7. Kill Your Friends

8. Happiness

9. Soul Surrender

10. Turn Me Loose

11. Goodbye to Romance

And I think we have it folks! (In no particular order)

It's crazy how much of this we've actually heard in one form or another!  Maybe there are more floating around the internet (they do pop up out of nowhere) but I've personally heard at least a snippet of eight of these already.  Haven't heard Cult Hero, Kill Your Friends or Soul Surrender at all to my knowledge.  Goodbye to Romance is probably going to be the only slower paced track but one of those could surprise me.  

While I knew that the first two songs were from Ordinary World, I hadn't thought about any connection.   What was the band called in that?  Maybe this is like if that band reformed with new members or something!  

Now I'm thinking about all the personas Billie has had over the years:

Fink.    Rev. Twitch.  Dennis.   Perry Miller.  In fact, I believe THAT is in fact the line up of this band!  

EDIT:  Body Bag is on the mellow side.  

I don't like Taxi Driver, first listening - it's really ok, but now I'm bored as hell. it's meh, like a children's song 'taxi driver, taxi driver'. Love is For Losers is my fav

4 minutes ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

OH!  The Longshot EP is Wikipedia Official now.  It is real.  

I can't find a page for it. Can you link it here?

I love this! It's like some really awesome Green Day b-sides (which is basically what it is haha). And I don't mean that negatively at all - GD have some extremely awesome b sides that have a certain vibe to them and these just have it. A whole album will be great.

3 hours ago, emenius said:

Also, after all the great artwork they’ve put on the Instagram account, how did the EP end up with that terrible cover?! 

Good question, it truly is bad :lol: 

2 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i wonder why they/billie didnt release this as green day

do we already know who the members of longshot are?

Probably because Mike and Tre aren't on it/weren't available to work on something right now for whatever reason (for example maybe actually wanting to have a moment's rest between GD projects), and he obviously wouldn't call it that without them.

And I don't believe so even though there's an EP now, which is very annoying of them :P 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I love this! It's like some really awesome Green Day b-sides (which is basically what it is haha). And I don't mean that negatively at all - GD have some extremely awesome b sides that have a certain vibe to them and these just have it. A whole album will be great.

They really do have some great B-sides. I've been listening to Shenanigans so much lately, Suffocate,  Desensitized Scumbag, Do Da Da are all personal favourites. I was disappointed there was no B-Sides with RevRad but this album will more than make up for that. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_Joe_Armstrong#The_Longshot

Doesn't have it's own page yet but it's on Billies Discography.  

I crack at the fact that there's his filmography page with live shows too... ROLE: HImself... haha :-)

Up on Spotify's Italy too, right now, Lol

11 minutes ago, disappearingfs said:

I crack at the fact that there's his filmography page with live shows too... ROLE: HImself... haha :-)

Up on Spotify's Italy too, right now, Lol

Billie Joe as Billie Joe playing with Green Day as Green Day in Bullet In A Bible, live in England in the role of England, LOL

• Haha 3

I think it's funny that a lot of people don't seem to like Taxi Driver, it might be my favorite one. It's really close with that and Chasing the Ghost. Love is for Losers is my least fav, but it's growing on me

• Like 2