The Longshot

Beerjeezus

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Where did you find them (do we know they’re real?)

They are real posts and the comment is real. The "Happy?" one came shortly after the 1st photo with no editing was posted because of the comment.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point it would probably be less stressful being locked in a room with just Noel and Liam Gallagher.

13 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

At this point it would probably be less stressful being locked in a room with just Noel and Liam Gallagher.

While simultaneously trying to have a rational conversation with Tom Delonge.

18 minutes ago, Grubby Poop said:

I would very much like that, Noels last album was dogshit, OASIS REUNION BABY

I would confidently discard the one man band theory smileys-whistling-825578.gif

1 minute ago, J a c said:

I would confidently discard the one man band theory smileys-whistling-825578.gif

Do you know something that we don't? :ninja:

Just now, JellyTime said:

Do you know something that we don't? :ninja:

I know Photoshop’s timeline 19.gif 

1 hour ago, ¡Jenn! said:

Not if he wants to keep a relatively low profile. And lots of singers use aliases that sound like bands. Marina and the Diamonds for example is just a solo singer. 

Yeah, Panic at the Disco too

14 minutes ago, Ross_19 said:

Yeah, Panic at the Disco too

But Panic started out as an actual band, and then everyone fucked off and left Brendon by himself.:lol:

18 minutes ago, legendary said:

New song preview is ON

Good God people haven’t we suffered enough??

Well I’ve just read through the last 4 pages of this thread and now my head hurts 

I know everyone is freaking out and confused about all of this, but I absolutely love how much the Longshot interacts with the fans. I know there is a lot that is still unknown, but it is nice to know that they at least hear us

Side project confirmed. Billie answered a worried follower saying that Green Day will neve Break up

I want to join The Longshot!  It's such a weird band name, it's so easy to add an S on the end. 

The little snippets we've heard sound mostly like Green Day, perhaps a bit different tone but very close.  I hope someone else gets to sing lead on at least a couple songs.  I'm not sure Billie singing over riffs like that would be enough of a difference to justify a side project.  But that brings us to the state of Green Day as an entity.  I love Green Day.  God loves Green Day, we all love them.  But just being realistic, the band is a business at this point.  I believe their music is honest and heartfelt, but it does seem like Green Day under their own name are sort of locked into making certain kind of records.  There is variety and depth and change in their discography - sure - but would they actually put out a totally different sounding record under the Green Day banner?  

Is it better to do a different sound under a different name?  I'm just thinking out loud here.    I love when Green Day do side projects, I'm just curious as to what is behind it all.   

If it's a "one man band", I'd expect some acoustic stuff and some raw punk sounds.   Anyway.   Can't wait for all the confusion to go away.  I have no clue what happened.  

Long live the Longshot.    

New preview sounds like something off of Stop Drop and Roll. Also, was reading past comments and @Matt. confirmed a long time ago that The Longshot is the Coverups "real band." So doubt it's a solo thing.

Anyone else concerned that this is those pesky rascals from The Network back at it again, but this time behind badly drawn cartoon faces? 

They could be getting the world ready for what will certainly be a busy year for them - 2020!  

1 hour ago, Alf said:
Side project confirmed. Billie answered a worried follower saying that Green Day will neve Break up

The comments are screenshot at this link. He confirmed it twice:

3 hours ago, Alf said:

Doesn’t sound like Tre is playing drums. You know when the beast is playing, just by the way he hits hi-hats and snare 

But then, if it’s Tre, i cannot wait to hear Devil’s kind! His version of drumming was awesome in that. Ft. Rebecca film festival, maybe. 

5 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

I JUST LAUGHED WAY TOO HARD.

5 hours ago, Jollyroger118 said:

While simultaneously trying to have a rational conversation with Tom Delonge.

Unless you believe that aliens exist and that making some form of a na naw sound counts as vocals. (Note: I love old blink, tom really just sucked vocally since like 2002. idk how he managed to sing well on the self titled album)

3 hours ago, emmericanidiot said:

Well I’ve just read through the last 4 pages of this thread and now my head hurts 

yeah same.

also agree this clip is the best one yet! i sort of (actually REALLY)  wish green day would venture out and do more stuff like this rather than stick to the standard GD formula they've had since like 2004 (or before that).

The latest clip doesn't sound like Green Day to me. It's very garage-y. I think it does sound like Prima Donna, though.

• Hermione locked and unlocked this topic
  • Hermione locked this topic

Archived