You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

When your high school sends out a form asking what songs you wanna hear in the hallways and you suggest Green Day songs even though you're not gonna hear it because you're a connected learner. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jengd said:

Are you a nudibranch fan, I know very different but weird and fascinating?

tenor.gif

UMMMM YES!!! I FUCKING LOVE THEM! They are like my favorite invertebrates (aside from cephalopods)!

21 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Slime molds aren’t from this world and they spook me to no end :lol: You have no business having basic problem solving skills when you have no brain! What else are you hiding from us?

I know, right?! Problem solving, memory, senses... all without any nervous system at all. They are literally just a slimy bag of cytoplasm and a ton of nuclei. I love them so much I wrote an article on them. Just gonna leave that here...:whistle

https://creaturefacts.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/the-real-life-blob-slime-mold/

But Green Day! To keep it on topic! :lol: You know you're a GD fan when people at work are talking about the Super Bowl and all you can think of is Green Day playing the NFL Honors and how fucking proud you are of your boys and their amazing first performance in months.

• Like 3

@Slave To The Network, great article, really interesting.  I know there is lots of debate about Octopus and their highly developed brains when they have such short lives but didn’t realise slime mounds were so complex!

Anyway, Green Day, lots shopping to do, jigsaws and funko pops!  Excellent.  Kerrang Radio said yesterday their listening numbers were way up, they are sry happy to hopefully rock music is on the way up again!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I know, right?! Problem solving, memory, senses... all without any nervous system at all. They are literally just a slimy bag of cytoplasm and a ton of nuclei. I love them so much I wrote an article on them. Just gonna leave that here...:whistle

https://creaturefacts.wordpress.com/2015/05/01/the-real-life-blob-slime-mold/

Oh wow you kept one! I see them outside quite often but never thought of domesticating them. The bit about slime molds being used for modelling how the universe functions is exactly what’s spooky about them. They’re aliens spying on us. That’s my totally scientific theory :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

I just got a YouTube ad for "Charmin Super Mega Rolls" and it made me think of Hella Mega. Maybe Charmin should sponsor the tour. 🤣

They did approach GD but felt his history of peeing was not suitable ...

(joke) but can you imagine 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Elxufinnishidiot said:

I have said this here before, but well I'm gonna say it again. When you get all hyped and excited, when you see the word "Green" in some poster or really anywhere, but then the other word isn't "Day" and you get dissapointed.

So true, I get so many alerts for the Green Bay Packers!

• Haha 1

When you make an appointment and then immediately realize that it's on Billie's birthday and have a moment of existential crisis because OMG HE'S GOING TO BE 49!!! Like how?? Time marches ever forward and there's nothing we can do about it.

@jengd I've written about octopuses and cuttlefish too. :ninja: You can find those on that same blog under the cephalopods section.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:28 AM, Slave To The Network said:

When you make an appointment and then immediately realize that it's on Billie's birthday and have a moment of existential crisis because OMG HE'S GOING TO BE 49!!! Like how?? Time marches ever forward and there's nothing we can do about it.

@jengd I've written about octopuses and cuttlefish too. :ninja: You can find those on that same blog under the cephalopods section.

I love octos. ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

So I just microwaved a frozen pizza and the peperoni was all haphazardly thrown on one side of it and it made me think of Billie making pizza. 🤣

Now that you mention it, maybe I have an idea why his career in a pizza restaurant didn’t last long :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Now that you mention it, maybe I have an idea why his career in a pizza restaurant didn’t last long :lol:

I heard he got fired because he was giving people free pizza. 🤣

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

That’s much better actually :wub:

Yeah, he's such a nice guy and he was giving pizzas away and his boss told him he couldn't do that because he was costing the joint money but he kept giving pizzas away so finally they fired him. At least that's what I heard LOL.

So yeah, he's like the Robin Hood of pizza. 🤣

17 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Yeah, he's such a nice guy and he was giving pizzas away and his boss told him he couldn't do that because he was costing the joint money but he kept giving pizzas away so finally they fired him. At least that's what I heard LOL.

So yeah, he's like the Robin Hood of pizza. 🤣

That’s amazing - Food Not Bombs straight out of some pizza joint’s pocket :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

That’s amazing - Food Not Bombs straight out of some pizza joint’s pocket :lol:

I love the story because it says a lot about his character and proves that he was always a person with strong beliefs, long before he was famous.

... when the first thing you observe  about someone is their eyelids... and then compare/judge/contrast theirs with the perfection that are supremely custom-fitted onto Billies perfect face... ❤️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Radiation Field said:

... when the first thing you observe  about someone is their eyelids... and then compare/judge/contrast theirs with the perfection that are supremely custom-fitted onto Billies perfect face... ❤️

We may not have discussed Billie’s eyelids on the fangirl thread.....

4 minutes ago, Radiation Field said:

I haven't reached the point of eyelid analysis yet LOL, but I agree that Billie's are gorgeous. ❤️ 

11 hours ago, jengd said:

We may not have discussed Billie’s eyelids on the fangirl thread.....

I don't know, I feel like we have. @Billie Joes Eyelids care to comment? :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I don't know, I feel like we have. @Billie Joes Eyelids care to comment? :lol:

There is a reason for my username. For me, Billie's eyelids have always been one of the most attractive things about him. They're just perfect. I'm actually jealous of them. 

• Like 2

When you're working from home and have to triple check to make sure the email you're about to send has the correct pictures attached rather than pics of Billie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3