The Coverups - Ivy Room January 15

pacejunkie punk

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Todd said:

Maybe Bill is in both Dead Sound and the Coverups. That's what I'm inclined to believe.

Not really insider information, I just have access to more puzzle pieces than the rest of you :whistle I don't know anything for sure.

Any missing pieces you’d like to share? 🙂

5 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Well now I feel bad for Bill so everyone should go support his band. 

Now every time I see Bill mentioned, I want to call him Dave. New meme anyone? :lol: 

Just the fact that the show isn't listed on the venue site, nor can you buy tickets on the site tells you something. Every other show is listed and tickets are available on the venue site. The night of this show is blank in the listing and calendar. I'm just speculating, but if it were only Bill/ DeadSound I'd strongly suspect this wouldn't be the case. We don't know if this is going to be Green Day, part of Green Day, or just a small component of Green Day...but safe to say something cool is going to happen.

Bill is coveniently ignoring this other band in his post isn’t he? This show is definitely being kept on the downlow for a reason. I can’t wait to see what this tirns out to be. 

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hmmm...

I'm still not convinced that Billie isn't a part of this, but even if he is not, it will be cool to see these guys play.

So either they're kidding us and laughing their asses off right now because they successfully confused us, or this is really just a show of Bill's cover band without any GD influence. Poor thing, I hope the wrath of hundreds of disappointed GD fans won't hit them too hard :lol:

29 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

So either they're kidding us and laughing their asses off right now because they successfully confused us, or this is really just a show of Bill's cover band without any GD influence. Poor thing, I hope the wrath of hundreds of disappointed GD fans won't hit them too hard :lol:

Yeah but why would they advertise it nowhere else but a prank account they know only Green Day fans (and Green Day insiders) follow? And Bill is in both bands? And the other two guys are both Green Day engineers? I smell a massive coverup.

The confusing part is - are there two different bands or is it all the same thing? What is DeadSound and what are The Coverups?

13 minutes ago, Mato said:

The confusing part is - are there two different bands or is it all the same thing? What is DeadSound and what are The Coverups?

Dead Sound is definitely Bill’s band with a completely different lineup of guys apart from Bill (allegedly).  It’s a different band altogether.  It’s the Coverups that are a mystery as this is the first anyone has heard of them since the accounts name was changed less than two weeks ago once Green Day fans got wind of this joke account. 

I think we can speculate until the cows come home but it will be Monday night before we know for certain.  I did wonder if Bill was trying to diffuse the situation if Billie Joe, Mike or Tre have no involvement, but he could say that clearly and doesn’t really.  I noticed someone asked who took the photo, no prizes for what they were thinking.

Can any of these guys sing? Sorry if that’s an ignorant question, I know nothing of Dave, I mean Bill Schneider’s background. 

So is it also just a coincidence that Billie’s last post on his instagram about the covers set he played New Years was on January 4, the same day the DPH account was changed to The Coverups? 

I remain highly suspicious. 

I'm waiting for another plot twist like Jeff being the lead singer or so. 

But seriously, it's so mysterious... Why didn't they just say "Sorry folks, Billie isn't playing with us, his selfie on this account was just a joke"? Or why didn't they make another account instead using this old Pirate Hookers? 

Some guy on the r/greenday reddit page is say that the 3 guys in the photo are Green Day's sound engineers. Not sure if that is true, but the guy seems serious.

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Some guy on the r/greenday reddit page is say that the 3 guys in the photo are Green Day's sound engineers. Not sure if that is true, but the guy seems serious.

I said that above. It’s Lee Bothwick (Jingletown engineer) Chris Dugan (GD Engineer) and Bill Schneider (tour manager, business partner, etc)

Previous post:

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah but why would they advertise it nowhere else but a prank account they know only Green Day fans (and Green Day insiders) follow? And Bill is in both bands? And the other two guys are both Green Day engineers? I smell a massive coverup.

13 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Which means what?

On 1/11/2018 at 12:38 PM, Todd said:

Not really insider information, I just have access to more puzzle pieces than the rest of you :whistle I don't know anything for sure.

As someone who works in the world, I can say with some authority that you have more than just puzzle pieces.

Aside from your MASSIVE repository of lifelong fandom and intelligence, kindness and love of music, if someone asked me what poster has the most real knowledge about shit going on, it would be you. I’m almost always amazed at what you are able to deduce when people are guessing and you say a correct answer that I can’t or won’t. 

And secondly, you are the kindest poster on the forum. I am a Todd fan!

54 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

As someone who works in the world, I can say with some authority that you have more than just puzzle pieces.

Aside from your MASSIVE repository of lifelong fandom and intelligence, kindness and love of music, if someone asked me what poster has the most real knowledge about shit going on, it would be you. I’m almost always amazed at what you are able to deduce when people are guessing and you say a correct answer that I can’t or won’t. 

And secondly, you are the kindest poster on the forum. I am a Todd fan!

Thank you for your kind words! However, it appears this isn't exactly what I thought it was. But I guess we'll find out Monday for sure! 

55 minutes ago, Todd said:

Thank you for your kind words! However, it appears this isn't exactly what I thought it was. But I guess we'll find out Monday for sure! 

Well nobody is right all the time. If you don’t make guesses, you can never be right. 

1 hour ago, Todd said:

Now I’m really intrigued. What did you think it was? 

Archived