American Idiot (The Film, Green Lit for HBO)

LaughingClock

1 hour ago, neverdone2000 said:

Interesting you said that because I wondered what it was about when he started following them. Kind of random. I think they’re too old for a part, but if Billie is playing St Jimmy maybe they’re skewing the cast older 😂. Seriously though, maybe they are involved in the project in some way.

I mean Kate Hudson's only 38 - and she doesn't look that old. To be honest though, I'd love to see either - or both - of them in it :ga:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting you said that because I wondered what it was about when he started following them. Kind of random. I think they’re too old for a part, but if Billie is playing St Jimmy maybe they’re skewing the cast older 😂. Seriously though, maybe they are involved in the project in some way.

Haha, this reminds me of the movie version of Grease. All the actors are like over 30 but playing highschoolers. 

8 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Exactly, it does seem a bit random.   They could all pass for the same age and I believe Kate Hudson can sing.   He is starring in the movie at 46 (if they start filming 2018) so surely they would have to skew the cast/characters/story a little anyway?   It feels like blasphemy to say this but even with BJ’s youthful looks I would find it a stretch to accept him as St Jimmy surrounded by 20 year old co-stars.  I’ve never seen the play in person but I’ve picked up enough to understand how they transferred the album into musical theatre.   I’m intrigued and excited to see how they turn the music, story and characters into film.   

14 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

I mean Kate Hudson's only 38 - and she doesn't look that old. To be honest though, I'd love to see either - or both - of them in it :ga:

Actually Kate Hudson makes sense. because she can sing and I believe has stage experience. Drew Barrymore does not. I think her connection to Billie might be that she’s good friends with Courtney Love. 

I guess we’ve analyzed that to death now. 

32 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Actually Kate Hudson makes sense. because she can sing and I believe has stage experience. Drew Barrymore does not. I think her connection to Billie might be that she’s good friends with Courtney Love. 

Are you saying "there is nothing left to analyze?" Do not underestimate us!:lol:

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Are you saying "there is nothing left to analyze?" Do not underestimate us!:lol:

Yes now let’s analyze his relationship to everyone he’s following on social media  👍

25 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Yes now let’s analyze his relationship to everyone he’s following on social media  👍

Then what's his relationship to the NASA? :lol:

(On a side note, it seems that he has unfollowed caloriecorrect as he did with the face mask company lol)

Honestly, I know it's always hard not to but we shouldn't read too much into his social media activities at the moment. After all, he often follows social media accounts for no logical purpose (see brackets).

49 minutes ago, heathenchemist said:

Then what's his relationship to the NASA? :lol:

(On a side note, it seems that he has unfollowed caloriecorrect as he did with the face mask company lol)

Honestly, I know it's always hard not to but we shouldn't read too much into his social media activities at the moment. After all, he often follows social media accounts for no logical purpose (see brackets).

Oh my God he unfollowed caloriecorrect which means he’s becoming a hobo again.

Hoping nobody takes me seriously. I will now stop spamming this thread with nonsense.

5 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Hoping nobody takes me seriously. I will now stop spamming this thread with nonsense.

YEAH GO HOBO GO!!!

11 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Wait, it could be that he didn't unfollow it but that the account was deleted. I can't find it on IG anymore :huh:

On 12/11/2017 at 10:54 AM, neverdone2000 said:

Um, back up a sec. He has a RELATIONSHIP to Courtney Love? WTF?

1 minute ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Um, back up a sec. He has a RELATIONSHIP to Courtney Love? WTF?

They’re friends.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I assume you don’t know her so why judge?

Eh, true I suppose. I still think she's an insane b**ch, and not in the 'charming affectations' sort of crazy. But whatever :lol:

1 hour ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Eh, true I suppose. I still think she's an insane b**ch, and not in the 'charming affectations' sort of crazy. But whatever :lol:

Ok off topic & I’ll stop after this post, but I personally think people have unfairly judged Courtney.  She’s a victim of a ridiculous conspiracy theory (that she killed Kurt), and all the crazy-ass things she did and said happened when she was a full-blown drug addict. She has since been in recovery and reconciled with the remaining members of Nirvana and her daughter. I think that says a lot, and I think she’s a very strong woman who has been through more than most of us can imagine. Also she gets bonus points for being the ONLY actress to call out Harvey Weinstein on tape 20 years ago. 

Ok off topic & I’ll stop after this post, but I personally think people have unfairly judged. She’s a victim of a ridiculous conspiracy theory (that she killed Kurt), and all the crazy-ass things she did and said happened when she was a full-blown drug addict. She has since been in recovery and reconciled with the remaining members of Nirvana and her daughter. I think that says a lot, and I think she’s a very strong woman who has been through more than most of us can imagine. Also she gets bonus points for being the ONLY actress to call out Harvey Weinstein on tape 20 years ago. 

Is there a non-gd-related unpopular opinions thread, cause I think I belong there

1 hour ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Is there a non-gd-related unpopular opinions thread, cause I think I belong there

It may be plausible, but it’s far from proven. I’m sure if there was solid evidence that would stand up in a court of law, she would have been charged a long time ago. That’s the problem with conspiracy theories, they sound very plausible when a bunch of people start throwing around their own theories about something that are based on emotion rather than scientific fact. It happens all the time, and I truly pity people who are the victims of them.

11 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

It may be plausible, but it’s far from proven. I’m sure if there was solid evidence that would stand up in a court of law, she would have been charged a long time ago. That’s the problem with conspiracy theories, they sound very plausible when a bunch of people start throwing around their own theories about something that are based on emotion rather than scientific fact. It happens all the time, and I truly pity people who are the victims of them.

There is a significant amount of evidence. It is however proving impossible to get anyone in law enforcement interested in looking into it.

Also, I'll give you the emotion aspect. However, in that situation, suicide would make sense. It is the evidence on the other hand that lends itself to pointing suicide unlikely - if not impossible.

Just now, Jesus of Seneca said:

There is a significant amount of evidence. It is however proving impossible to get anyone in law enforcement interested in looking into it.

Last thing I’m gonna say because I don’t want to completely derail this thread, but why would law enforcement protect Courtney Love? They won’t look at it because they have seen the evidence and determined it doesn’t hold up. People who are speculating on this are not experts. They are emotional about Kurt and are jumping to conclusions without knowing everything. Conspiracy theories always have that part where the “powers that be” are “in on it”. It’s classic. You absolutely have a right to this opinion and I don’t hold it against you at all (you have some great posts). I just think it’s BS. And I found my opening for my post to defend Courtney. 😂

17 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Last thing I’m gonna say because I don’t want to completely derail this thread, but why would law enforcement protect Courtney Love? They won’t look at it because they have seen the evidence and determined it doesn’t hold up. People who are speculating on this are not experts. They are emotional about Kurt and are jumping to conclusions without knowing everything. Conspiracy theories always have that part where the “powers that be” are “in on it”. It’s classic. You absolutely have a right to this opinion and I don’t hold it against you at all (you have some great posts). I just think it’s BS. And I found my opening for my post to defend Courtney. 😂

Lol, true. And you too sir have provided some quality content.

Now for my closing remark: She's got a lot of money, and a lot of influence.                But i'll say this in her favor, she's come a long way in the last couple a decades.

3 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Ok off topic & I’ll stop after this post, but I personally think people have unfairly judged Courtney.  She’s a victim of a ridiculous conspiracy theory (that she killed Kurt), and all the crazy-ass things she did and said happened when she was a full-blown drug addict. She has since been in recovery and reconciled with the remaining members of Nirvana and her daughter. I think that says a lot, and I think she’s a very strong woman who has been through more than most of us can imagine. Also she gets bonus points for being the ONLY actress to call out Harvey Weinstein on tape 20 years ago. 

Minor quibble, but the conspiracy theory revolves more around Courtney hiring someone to have Kurt killed, not so much doing it herself. 

4 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Minor quibble, but the conspiracy theory revolves more around Courtney hiring someone to have Kurt killed, not so much doing it herself. 

^^this. I don’t know if Courtney did it or even was involved (though it’s suspicious) but I’m pretty convinced he didn’t kill himself. And I’m not the conspiracy theorist type. Watch “Soaked in Bleach”. Even with a healthy skepticism, that doc raises some important questions.

Archived