The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Nice to see the lesser spotted Rev Rad tattoo in this picture. What does his shirt say "Sweet Fuckin' Cheetah"?! 

1d6644da95aa0d1b655577e2249fa7af4511ba6a

I was guessing sweet talkin cheetah.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I was guessing sweet talkin cheetah.

Based on my (very short) detective work, I have found our answer:

https://rockrollrepeatforever.com/products/street-walkin-cheetah

Billie seems to favor this online clothing store for t-shirts. I believe the "Fuck this shit" shirt he posted back in Sept/Oct 2019 was also from this site, as well as the "Rock Roll Repeat" one he has worn.

17 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

@Squashie and @Montclare Thank you for further confusing the t-shirt LOL. I still don't get the cheetah reference. 🤣

It's an Iggy Pop reference

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Squashie said:

Based on my (very short) detective work, I have found our answer:

https://rockrollrepeatforever.com/products/street-walkin-cheetah

Billie seems to favor this online clothing store for t-shirts. I believe the "Fuck this shit" shirt he posted back in Sept/Oct 2019 was also from this site, as well as the "Rock Roll Repeat" one he has worn.

It's an Iggy Pop reference

Thank you for the clarification! I had to look that up LOL. And I still want a "Fuck This Shit" shirt LOL.

2 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

OK, now I get it. I really just kinda wish we could drop all this stuff about us all attacking Billie and removing his clothes. Kinda feels a little rapey, tbh. Like we can't fantasize about them, but we can joke about assaulting them. I don't get it. 

We can fantasise about both but we try to be careful and lighthearted about it, and about what we actually say here, it is all just nonsense in our heads after all.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jengd said:

We can fantasise about both but we try to be careful and lighthearted about it, and about what we actually say here, it is all just nonsense in our heads after all.  

I mean I agree that none of this is real and that's why I never understood people making a big deal out of it, but part of the deal here was to treat the band members with respect. So if people are going to complain and we are going to get in trouble for saying things that are a little sexually provocative, I think the same rule should apply with things like this. Just my own personal opinion is that it is more upsetting when people write about things like attacking Billie and ripping his clothes off or forcing eyeliner onto him than when it is just people admiring his sexiness and daydreaming about him letting them share it. Anyway, I wasn't looking to start a debate, and I know you mean no harm. I am just saying, how would you feel if you found people on the Internet joking about assaulting you? And isn't "fantasizing" about forcing someone to do things against their will kinda problematic?

I have to back up Jen. It was a lighthearted comment, the kind that has been made here for years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Montclare said:

I have to back up Jen. It was a lightheaded comment, the kind that has been made here for years.

I guess I am just having a hard time understanding who gets to decide what is or isn't "lighthearted." Because it seems like some "lighthearted" things become grave offenses and others don't and it doesn't always feel fair. Anyway, this is becoming much more of an intense debate than I had expected LOL.

Love the bellie ❤️ so cute ❤️ and the little wine glass and dancing ❤️  He’s the cutest ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I personally love the red tie, but no, I definitely would not stop Billie from taking anything off. 😉🤣

10 hours ago, jengd said:

Sorry, all of us rushing to help Billie take something off…. 

OK so jengd's comment is obviously just following on from BillieMyLove's here. But this is exactly an example of where we step in to say lets stop now because it's starting to going down the fantasising/describing doing things to him road. I know it's intended lightheartedly but that does include joking about helping him take his clothes off or kidnapping him etc.

10 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

OK, now I get it. I really just kinda wish we could drop all this stuff about us all attacking Billie and removing his clothes. Kinda feels a little rapey, tbh. Like we can't fantasize about them, but we can joke about assaulting them. I don't get it. 

6 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I mean I agree that none of this is real and that's why I never understood people making a big deal out of it, but part of the deal here was to treat the band members with respect. So if people are going to complain and we are going to get in trouble for saying things that are a little sexually provocative, I think the same rule should apply with things like this. Just my own personal opinion is that it is more upsetting when people write about things like attacking Billie and ripping his clothes off or forcing eyeliner onto him than when it is just people admiring his sexiness and daydreaming about him letting them share it. Anyway, I wasn't looking to start a debate, and I know you mean no harm. I am just saying, how would you feel if you found people on the Internet joking about assaulting you? And isn't "fantasizing" about forcing someone to do things against their will kinda problematic?

6 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I guess I am just having a hard time understanding who gets to decide what is or isn't "lighthearted." Because it seems like some "lighthearted" things become grave offenses and others don't and it doesn't always feel fair. Anyway, this is becoming much more of an intense debate than I had expected LOL.

I don't know how you think this is any kind of evidence of what is and isn't allowed though when you're saying it an instant after it was posted and when you know no mods have seen it?! Like, maybe chill and just report it if you think it's going too far and wait to see what happens before writing an essay about how the rules are enforced.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

OK so jengd's comment is obviously just following on from BillieMyLove's here. But this is exactly an example of where we step in to say lets stop now because it's starting to going down the fantasising/describing doing things to him road. I know it's intended lightheartedly but that does include joking about helping him take his clothes off or kidnapping him etc.

I don't know how you think this is any kind of evidence of what is and isn't allowed though when you're saying it an instant after it was posted and when you know no mods have seen it?! Like, maybe chill and just report it if you think it's going too far and wait to see what happens before writing an essay about how the rules are enforced.

I wasn't talking about how the mods enforce rules and this was not intended as an attack on any mods. I was trying to engage in a conversation with others about why I felt this was both morally problematic as well as a violation of the rules we all agreed to. That conversation also never would have happened if people didn't keep responding to me trying to defend this behavior. And I did report it as you well know, since that is why you are here now. And yes, maybe the original comment was made as a follow-up to mine (and mine was a follow-up to someone else's), but mine said I wouldn't try to stop Billie from doing something, not that I was going to do something to him. Big difference. 

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

I wasn't talking about how the mods enforce rules and this was not intended as an attack on any mods. I was trying to engage in a conversation with others about why I felt this was both morally problematic as well as a violation of the rules we all agreed to. That conversation also never would have happened if people didn't keep responding to me trying to defend this behavior. And I did report it as you well know, since that is why you are here now. And yes, maybe the original comment was made as a follow-up to mine (and mine was a follow-up to someone else's), but mine said I wouldn't try to stop Billie from doing something, not that I was going to do something to him. Big difference. 

Yes, you reported it saying "I don't get why we can't fantasize about them but we can make jokes about assaulting them". The thread isn't a hive mind, just because sometimes someone will post something that goes over the line or not everyone agrees that it went over the line doesn't mean the whole thread/everyone who posts in or mods it thinks the same thing. Btw jengd said "help him" take them off anyway, she didn't say force them off against his will. But we said the line was "fantasising"/describing doing things to them so I agree it was over it, problem solved by asking for it to stop there. No problem with you mentioning or reporting it, there's just no need to leap to assumptions or take it personally. 

• Like 3

Just now, jengd said:

Apologies to all, didn’t mean to go over the line and bring the place down.  

You don't need to apologize. This turned into way more than it should have.

6 minutes ago, jengd said:

Apologies to all, didn’t mean to go over the line and bring the place down.  

It's just the way it goes in here sometimes when the conversation is flowing, that's why there's mods to get things back on track. Don't worry about it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Yes, you reported it saying "I don't get why we can't fantasize about them but we can make jokes about assaulting them". The thread isn't a hive mind, just because sometimes someone will post something that goes over the line or not everyone agrees that it went over the line doesn't mean the whole thread/everyone who posts in or mods it thinks the same thing. Btw jengd said "help him" take them off anyway, she didn't say force them off against his will. But we said the line was "fantasising"/describing doing things to them so I agree it was over it, problem solved by asking for it to stop there. No problem with you mentioning or reporting it, there's just no need to leap to assumptions or take it personally. 

I think you are reading way too much into this. This has nothing to do with the mods. In all honesty, I was referring to people in this thread who have repeatedly pointed out to me how fantasizing was not allowed and how my comments made them uncomfortable, but were now trying to defend this behavior, which made me uncomfortable. It's not personal, I just found it a little hypocritical because I know the same people wouldn't waste two seconds reporting me if I made the same comment. All I did was ask if we could all refrain from these kinds of comments, and then others started trying to justify it. I wasn't looking to start a debate. It's fixed now. Thank you for fixing it. Can we please move on now?