The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

11 minutes ago, jengd said:

I don't disagree with you at all but I think you have gone down a much more serious route, certainly than I was going with my op.  Sometimes (I find) you just need to have a laugh at all the silliness for your own sanity.  I sincerely do not mean to undermine what you are saying, I am at least one generation ahead of you I think and I have been shouting about the ridiculous way women have been portrayed by the fashion and entertainment industry for most of my life!

Yeah, maybe I am taking it too seriously LOL. I just feel like I am seeing all that is wrong with society in everything lately as I build my own knowledge and understanding. It's helped me understand so many of my own insecurities. I am 30 and from something you said earlier I think you have a son close to my age LOL, so you definitely have to be a solid generation ahead. I can imagine you've seen a lot worse shit over the years; thanks for standing up to it and sharing your wisdom with all of us (seriously, I mean that).

7 minutes ago, The Ghost Dancer said:

It's true. I remember reading an article in which younger men said they were in a state of shock when they figured that most women do indeed have body hair unless they shave it. While I'm convinced that it is totally fine for women to shave if they personally prefer less or no visible body hair on themselves, I thought that it was quite shocking what seems to be the norm when it comes to knowledge of female bodies. You'd think that certain assumptions about the female anatomy are only present in the male part of society but then you see teenage girls growing up hating their own bodies because they are led to believe that body hair, periods etc. are gross and something that they cannot even talk about in order to be accepted.

Exactly! Let's all thank the lack of comprehensive health and sexuality education for young people for this (at least in the U.S.; not sure what the case is elsewhere). This kind of lack of knowledge is detrimental to having a safe and healthy society for everyone. 

I personally am a fanatical shaver LOL, just because I find it burdensome to keep body hair clean and well groomed. So much more comfortable without it. Also not a big fan of body hair on men either, but again, these are just personal preferences. Everyone can and should make their own choices for their own bodies.  

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

I think going up to a camera and picking your nose at it is objectively gross lol. But it's Green Day and they're supposed to be playfully gross and obnoxious sometimes so we love to see it.

I see Billie is sexier and sassier than ever 🔥🔥🔥

I thought it was a political statement LOL. 

4 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I thought it was a political statement LOL. 

Maybe! I do really like that they've never stopped being defiantly silly on stage. They are making a statement doing stuff like that. Snot is still gross though :P 

• Haha 3

I never have time to figure out how to post pics on this site, but it looks like Billie was wearing significant eyeliner last night. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

I never have time to figure out how to post pics on this site, but it looks like Billie was wearing significant eyeliner last night. 

In case you ever want to, you have to upload it to an image hosting site (Imgur is a good one) and then post the link here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hermione said:

Maybe! I do really like that they've never stopped being defiantly silly on stage. They are making a statement doing stuff like that. Snot is still gross though :P 

This! Definitely makes them adorable, just not sure why 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

A great shot of Billie at the Houston show! From Green Day's Facebook page. I like how this seems to be an action shot of his hair bouncing LOL. 

229220843_359905115502237_77376341990544

7 hours ago, jengd said:

This! Definitely makes them adorable, just not sure why 😂😂

Like I said before, I really think it is just the humanizing aspect. They're not perfect. They're just regular people. And they aren't embarrassed or ashamed about who they are. And that's a really beautiful thing. ❤️ 

I like the white and the pink jackets- they really suit him and work well with his black clothes (albeit he takes the jackets off after a couple of songs). His styling has been really good so far this tour. Hard to believe he'll be 50 next year. 

As for the nose picking it's just Billie being Billie.

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Oh jeezus that person did an amazing and hyper attractive styling job on Billie. That look is loved so much! It’s the signature look for this tour and this tour Billie is looking really hot 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Oh jeezus that person did an amazing and hyper attractive styling job on Billie. That look is loved so much! It’s the signature look for this tour and this tour Billie is looking really hot 🔥🔥🔥🔥

🔥 Fans self...it was a bit reminiscent of BITUSA to me 😍

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Billie is ho as hell on this tour......

I agree. For some reason he looks better than during Rev Rad IMO. I think it's the styling. 

• Love 2

8 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

I agree. For some reason he looks better than during Rev Rad IMO. I think it's the styling. 

I agree he’s way hotter than Rev Rad but I think it’s more than just the styling. Although the styling for this era/tour is probably my fav I have ever seen . And the Longshot he looked mega hot too. Kind of a little bit of similarity between the Longshot hotness and this new current level of epic hotness. I think it’s the styling and that it looks like he’s having a little bit of fun. I didn’t think he looked like he was having that much fun on the Rev Rad tour. Probably because of the long break and anxiety or something. 

• Like 1

#teamrevrad

Looks much better now than he has the past year, but RevRad had something extra.

• Like 3
  • Love 1