The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

17 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Shirtless young Billie with a loose tie makes me feel things.

Praise  BeJeezus

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

His stage persona is so goofy but also feels a bit dangerous or wild. And his everyday persona is so non-threatening, sweet and a bit dorky. I like the bad boy/cute little puppy combo that is both sides of him together :)

Dangerous?

Spoiler

green-day-performs-at-blossom-03881fdac8

To me, he's completely non-threatening on stage as well! I agree with @Hermione that there is something funny about his growling voice because, even though it's very efficient (on me, anyways :P), he's still a non-threatening growling smol bean. And that in itself is also sexy as hell :wub:

1 hour ago, Kuromignonne said:

Dangerous?

Haha not like real danger. More emphasis on the wild part. Though honestly, the predictability of the show takes away from that a bit. 

I think he can be pretty dangerous on stage. The St Jimmy act and when he gets really passionate, and just the way he has such strong command of the crowd. Of course we all know he's adorable really but he can be badass on stage. 

Even though I find that one particular growly voice kind of funny on its own, as a whole he's still like a god on stage when I see them :lol:. I've said it before but I don't know how anyone in the crowd can disobey him when he's so authoritative, I wouldn't dare keep my phone out when he's just ranted against it lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think he can be pretty dangerous on stage. The St Jimmy act and when he gets really passionate, and just the way he has such strong command of the crowd. Of course we all know he's adorable really but he can be badass on stage. 

Speaking of adorable, he sometimes shows that on stage, too, especially during Hitchin' a Ride when he does all those cute faces. It's amazing how he can still pull off these expressions at 45 :wub:

• Like 3

I love this haircut on him.:lol::wub: And he looks soooooo good in that denim jacket. Not to mention the chubbiness, gorgeous man.:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

What gets me is how Billie switches between passionate, badass, bad boy to goofy and adorable in an instant.  Its like how one minute you are enjoying (most us lol) the craziness of KFAD and then switch to the emotion of WMUWSE, and everyone in the crowd is right there.  It’s masterful and amazing.

The shows are a roller coaster ride no doubt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Of course he's badass, I just don't see that badass = dangerous. :P When I saw that little human being, restlessly hopping with his guitar, closed eyes and a large smile that lead me straight to heaven, I could think of everything but dangerous about him. And when I was hearing his growling voice coming from that angel face, it only made me find him more touching, amazing, adorable. It's like everybody could have been caught within his aura of happiness. I really had that vision at my last concert. What could feel dangerous about that?

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

What gets me is how Billie switches between passionate, badass, bad boy to goofy and adorable in an instant. [...] It’s masterful and amazing.

I totally agree, and would add vulnerable. Billie proves the best how showing yourself vulnerable in all honesty is also showing the greatest strength. I think of a song like Still Breathing at first, but there are loads of songs where he openly gives multiple sides of him, including being badass and then emotional, and I too find the coexistence of all these amazing. I think it's something I feel very deeply each time I watch any live stuff (and that I've felt in the strongest way attending concerts...), but which is also not simple to verbalize. I think I see this any time I even look at a photo of Billie, whether it's from a gig moment or an ordinary world moment...

Sometimes, what I feel as indescribable happiness on his face turns out to also feel like extreme sadness, I can't tell why, it must depend on my own state of mind. But he just liberates every emotion in him when he's performing, that's for sure. Extreme sadness and happiness feel very close, and I'm just always more and more amazed by that.

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Even though I find that one particular growly voice kind of funny on its own, as a whole he's still like a god on stage when I see them :lol:. I've said it before but I don't know how anyone in the crowd can disobey him when he's so authoritative, I wouldn't dare keep my phone out when he's just ranted against it lol.

To me, more than being authoritative, it's the fact he puts so much heart into ranting (against phones, for example) that prevents me from disobeying anyways, because he inspires so much empathy I just want to see what he sees, to feel the way he does and it's very easy and rejoicing to forget myself then; for the phone, happily, it doesn't cost me any effort not to pick it up. As for other of Billie's messages during gigs, it has sometimes taken me months but listening to them not only because of Billie's impressive tone, but also because this tone is also imploring in a way, has helped me to look at certain recurrent things in another way, and has made me outgrow some stuff I was only living as difficulties. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hermione said:

A week before my show I sent this to my friend and told her "Be prepared to be verbally abused by a tiny, sweaty, extremely loud man...and to thoroughly enjoy it".

Video should start a 9:48

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Running with shears said:

A week before my show I sent this to my friend and told her "Be prepared to be verbally abused by a tiny, sweaty, extremely loud man...and to thoroughly enjoy it".

^^love that he does this. 

5 hours ago, Schlappy said:

Im glad he doesnt go on big angry rants anymore. They were too much during the 21st century breakdown tour. These days he keeps it simple “i hate trump but i love you, lets dance.” 

Now If he could just shorten his making the crowd yell routine during HAR so that they don't lose energy/get confused, he'd be all set, haha. Sometimes I wonder if he's waiting for someone (other than the crowd) to cue him to keep going or something. 

11 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

To me, more than being authoritative, it's the fact he puts so much heart into ranting (against phones, for example) that prevents me from disobeying anyways, because he inspires so much empathy I just want to see what he sees, to feel the way he does and it's very easy and rejoicing to forget myself then; for the phone, happily, it doesn't cost me any effort not to pick it up. 

I actually agree. When I can see how much he's enjoying this time with the crowd (and I know that the more he and the band are enjoying it the better the show will be for everyone) I want to be on his team and not contribute to it being less enjoyable in any way. His air of authority comes into it too, and I'd never want to waste time filming or taking pictures at a GD show anyway, but more than anything it's wanting to be on side with the band and everyone enjoying the show together and joining in. When Billie's there so happy and I know less phones and everyone engaged is what he hopes to see (and he's telling off people who aren't doing it :P) I feel the strong desire to be part of that and not "let him down" haha, as well as just wanting to anyway because it's fun.

• Like 2

Possibly being a different generation from a lot of you, I totally get what Billie's talking about, I take as little as possible  to any concert, no camera, no phone! I want to actuallly experience every moment and not have anything between me and the experience.

• Like 3

Tbh, I don't see any point in filming gigs. In this day and age, everyone films everything, so there's bound to be someone else filming it for me.:lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Tbh, I don't see any point in filming gigs. In this day and age, everyone films everything, so there's bound to be someone else filming it for me.:lol:

Unless it’s the only time you’ll hear Armatage Shanks live, at a club show in Detroit, and you decide you want to enjoy the moment because someone else is probably going to record it... to date, no good video has surfaced and I really regret not recording at least some of it. :( 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I dunno, I've accepted that filming/photos is a part of shows. And I do it because I want to share them with people who couldn't make it or just to look back on later. I don't like to spend the whole show on my phone because I want to dance, but I see it as if someone wants to spend the whole show recording whatever. It may be annoying but that's how they chose to enjoy the show so whatever. All I worry about is having a good time. And sometimes I wish more artists would focus on that rather than how many phones are out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Where are all these new gifs of Billie coming from? They look like something from a new tour documentary.

They're from the video in this thread:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Possibly being a different generation from a lot of you, I totally get what Billie's talking about, I take as little as possible  to any concert, no camera, no phone! I want to actuallly experience every moment and not have anything between me and the experience.

I fell the same. Filming takes me out of the experience. I'd rather be in the moment than take a video.

• Like 1

If people want to spend a whole gig watching it through their phone- that's their choice, but as long as they're not blocking my view I don't have a problem with it. 

I personally don't film anything at gigs- but I do quickly snap a few pictures which takes up literally a minute of the gig. However, I enjoy watching what other people have uploaded from gigs onto YouTube as it enables me to see things I might not have seen/been able to see at the gig. For example, at the GD gig I went to, someone recorded Armatage Shanks & from that footage I could see Joey to Mike's side of the stage- I couldn't see Joey from where I was sitting. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

If people want to spend a whole gig watching it through their phone- that's their choice, but as long as they're not blocking my view I don't have a problem with it. 

Exactly.  My only issue with people filming/taking pictures is when they hold their camera high above their head and block everyone behind them.

I take pictures but don't film.  I want to be able to look at pictures from that night, but also want to be able to experience it in the moment, so I'd say I have my camera out for about 30-35% of the show (sometimes depends on how many times I've seen the band; when you've seen a band multiple times, you know what poses/moments to be on the lookout for, such as the St. Jimmy pose, and can put your camera away at other times).

I'm grateful for people for take decent footage and post it on Youtube, although I don't get people who post footage where they're singing along, or jumping up and down and you can't see anything.  But I'm thankful for the ones who have posted rarities such as Worry Rock, Walking Alone, etc.

• Like 1

So last week we talked about Billie making a food diary video and even though it's not quite the same, this GIF of him eating a banana is definitely adorable :wub:

Billie and banana are already two things starting with B that I really like :lol:

Edit: Not to mention that look he gives the camera at the end :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Hermione changed the title to The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread