The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

9 minutes ago, Beyza said:

I have that book but couldn’t start to read yet. Idk if there is much interesting stuff in it but I’d really want to read an autobiography that just Billie wrote so more like a personal book. I always love reading musicians’ books like that. I’d like to see a biopic movie from them too, I don’t have much idea about how it should be though lol

Same. I loved Keith Richards' book and I'd love reading something like that from Billie one day.

I think this book would serve as a good base for a movie plot if nothing better comes out in the future. It follows the band's story from when Billie was five years old to American Idiot. I wouldn't say it has anything that new, mostly because the only member of the band who was interviewed for it was Jason White, but it's still a nice read. 

If a movie was to be done about them, I guess it would be a rise to fame story, but it would also be cool to see a similar concept to the Bob Dylan movie with different chapters/episodes. 

• Like 1

I have this book too! I haven't read it yet, though.

19 minutes ago, DadBod said:

You fit in quite well here.  You learned the proper spelling of bellie and everything.  Here, have a bellie as a reward. :)

Lmao I think ”bellie” is really should be the only proper spelling from now on. I’ve seen people using it for their cats before though lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

That third one where he has his hand on his chest .....🤪

He looks good in that black slim fit shirt, doesn't he? I wish he’ll wear it again after quarantine days maybe lol 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

That one where he's in the beanie giving a smoldering look....oh my heart....

• Love 2

On 3/23/2020 at 3:53 PM, Beerjeezus said:

Same. I loved Keith Richards' book and I'd love reading something like that from Billie one day.

I think this book would serve as a good base for a movie plot if nothing better comes out in the future. It follows the band's story from when Billie was five years old to American Idiot. I wouldn't say it has anything that new, mostly because the only member of the band who was interviewed for it was Jason White, but it's still a nice read. 

If a movie was to be done about them, I guess it would be a rise to fame story, but it would also be cool to see a similar concept to the Bob Dylan movie with different chapters/episodes. 

The Clash book is cool and takes the point of view of all the guys in the band. I would love to read that for Green Day specifically for the Nimrod-Warning era where there were tensions in the band. Billie had a vision and Mike and Tre weren't entirely bought in yet. Then with Warning tanking they went into that weird spot "do we call it a day and separate or do we try again and keep going at it?". Would love to see their personal thoughts on those times. 

Of course would love to see info about the C&V era and have them speak on that and what they thought about the album and songs. Of course the main advertisement for the book would be their thoughts around the substance abuse thing... This is why it will never happen lol That's what would sell the book though.. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Beyza said:

Thnx I learned a new word which has a great definition: “The act of accessing your deep, inner, and molten sexuality and shooting it through your eyes into an undeniably sexy stare.“ mmmm lol I think Billie has that kind of looks but couldn’t be sure:

Does that one count?

or this one maybe

Both are fantastic, but that last one screams smoldering to me :wub: Be still my beating heart

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

The Clash book is cool and takes the point of view of all the guys in the band. I would love to read that for Green Day specifically for the Nimrod-Warning era where there were tensions in the band. Billie had a vision and Mike and Tre weren't entirely bought in yet. Then with Warning tanking they went into that weird spot "do we call it a day and separate or do we try again and keep going at it?". Would love to see their personal thoughts on those times. 

Of course would love to see info about the C&V era and have them speak on that and what they thought about the album and songs. Of course the main advertisement for the book would be their thoughts around the substance abuse thing... This is why it will never happen lol That's what would sell the book though.. 

Funny you mention the Clash book because I’m about to start reading it. Quarantine got me on a rock biography kick.

Yeah, it would be interesting to read about especially because it seems the rest of the band is now letting Billie do what he wants, good ideas or bad.

It’s pretty much the only “interesting” personal thing about them, I mean, tabloids wouldn’t sell with stories of people living content lives with a family and a dog. However, it seems to me they’re not sinking to the level of using it to sell so maybe the book might happen one day without being too sensational (it’s not like that many people care about their personal lives anyway, let alone years from now)

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Funny you mention the Clash book because I’m about to start reading it. Quarantine got me on a rock biography kick.

Yeah, it would be interesting to read about especially because it seems the rest of the band is now letting Billie do what he wants, good ideas or bad.

It’s pretty much the only “interesting” personal thing about them, I mean, tabloids wouldn’t sell with stories of people living content lives with a family and a dog. However, it seems to me they’re not sinking to the level of using it to sell so maybe the book might happen one day without being too sensational (it’s not like that many people care about their personal lives anyway, let alone years from now)

I think they shouldn’t concern about sells if they would release a book that they actually will write or they could tell and someone turn into a book but by personal I mean having a more genuine feeling and their story is really interesting as a band but Billie also has a potential to tell his story in classical way since his childhood and also he always tell different stories but tends to change them everytime so some events in his life seem kinda mixed especially timelines are not really clear so a book would give a chance to clarify that stuff. It also should give some emotions to make us feel a little closer to them. I think books give those feelings way better than any other movies and lastly it could have an audiobook version. I recently listened to a musician's biography like that with his own voice of course and it was good, I enjoyed it but couldn’t finish cause it was too melancholic lol

• Like 3

^^ Southern Girls was one of my favorite Longshot recordings.  I wish they had performed it live.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

I have missed Billie so much. I’m excited about his appearance Sunday night. Who’s gonna color and style his hair though? Maybe he’ll wear a bandana.

His natural curly hair is the nicest anyway so I’m not concerned :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 2