NEW?!?!? Troubled Times video?!?

BillnTed

4 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

Official Green Day facebook page shared the video from... Green Day Brasil fanpage :lol: WTF is going on :lol:

:lol: Green Day promo team at its best! 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Oh my goodness watch them! Rev Rad with them playing in Gilman along with clips of them playing when they were young is cool and the lyric videos they've done are really good, you have to watch the Say Goodbye and Troubled Times ones.

I'm reeeaaaally hoping that hasn't happened :P, would be a real shame.

I know! I keep planning to do some catching up but always forget about it or I'm not in the mood :P I liked the BB video so I believe I would enjoy the others and revrad. :lol:

Aaaah what is happening here? Green Day are trolling GDC, I love this. 😂

29 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

The official Facebook just shared it from a fan page so I guess they don't care/wanted it to happen that way

Ooorr realised it's too late to have it removed so they're just going with it :lol:

Nealy 50k views in three hours ain't bad :huh:

Love the video! Like many of you've said, it's so spot on! Right in the feels in so many ways! 

They shared it again a few minutes after, didn't they? :lol: 

Anyway, whatever is happening, I love it! Troubled Times is a song I tend to skip whenever it comes on, but this video is so apt right now and I really like how it's made. Also, the fact that it seems to have appeared here first of all places is really cool :P 

44 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

The official Facebook just shared it from a fan page so I guess they don't care/wanted it to happen that way

So there you go. Everyone feel free to love it and share with neither guilt nor remorse. 

That was definitely something else. I had to look away at some of the stuff, especially the bull fighting (which nearly got me to tears since I am sensitive when it comes to animals). I still liked it, no matter who created/posted it.  I'm definitely intrigued by all of the mysteriousness surrounding the video.

Err, so the second link they shared is the same Vimeo one that was shared here by BillnTed (""""BillnTed""""), on the Rev Rad account. They always put new music videos on the official youtube channel, right, so why not do the same now? Unless they uploaded it to Vimeo in the first place? LMAO I don't even.

1 minute ago, Q.B said:

Me right now 

I wish Billie would go live again and explain all of this for us. 

YES. He's going to be bombarded with comments and questions the next time he goes live haha

I don't know what to make of this. The entire release is suspicious.
However, I do like the theory of Billie filming his portion of the video, and adding clips to it , or having someone give editing tips alongside him.

Odd...but official gd Facebook sharing the video from a fansite? I can see the new management are making huge improvements on a social media front already. 

1 minute ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Odd...but official gd Facebook sharing the video from a fansite? I can see the new management are making huge improvements on a social media front already. 

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not lol

I notice the official facebook page also shared it directly from Vimeo too as well as the fansite

Could be loopholes to releasing stuff so sharing it from a fan site they could argue 'hey it's just a cool fan made thing' to get over any red tape so to speak, even though it's obvious it's not fan made. Dunno

First Billie puts stuff on "the Spotify", then he's "the facebook live-ing" and now he's "the Green Day community-ing", makes total sense to me 😂

5 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

Could be loopholes to releasing stuff so sharing it from a fan site they could argue 'hey it's just a cool fan made thing' to get over any red tape so to speak, even though it's obvious it's not fan made. Dunno

Are you saying this circumvents Warner Bros somehow or that going through more official channels would delay it and make it less timely. Could be the only way he could release it this fast, I suppose. And hey, Billie is a fan of Green Day too isn't he? It's like he made a fan video of his own song! 😂

I'm still confused by this, lol. Maybe they're doing it this way so there's not a big expectation from it or something? Idk.

2 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

I'd take instagram speculation with a grain of salt, I regularly see people getting really basic stuff wrong :P Also how many accounts does the guy have? I'm really intrigued by this but it feels kinda pointless speculating - just gonna rock back and forth in a corner (jk) till we get more info (if at all).

Hahaha, that tends to happen.

That's why I said I don't know if this is the truth. It is like «someone told me this and he/she heard it from this person who also heard from...». The only thing sure is Billie doing the video on purpose all by himself for whatever reason. What I mean is why would he do lipsing on one of his own song and tried to create some cool camera's angles while he is walking in cemetary and being shirtless in bed?

1 hour ago, Strychnine. said:

Billie only has one public instagram account, any/all of his others are private accounts. If this was posted on one of his other accounts then it was intended to be a private thing or not for us to see. 

Officially, Billie has 2 public accounts (Twitter and Instagram) and a bunch of private ones. On the other hand, it is plausible that he has other public accounts, but they are not under his name. No one know the guy personally. We can't tell how many accounts he has in fact. There is still this rumour of him having an account on GDC that goes as far as 2013.

8 minutes ago, jj0407 said:

I notice the official facebook page also shared it directly from Vimeo too as well as the fansite

Does this means GD team officially endorses the video? They never said it was a fanmade video.

I think the video would have been more powerful if Green Day hadn't shared it on "the" Facebook and if this thing would have been kept "leaked". I hope they won't upload it to their YouTube. I realize it's a Green Day song but to me it felt like Billie did this as himself only, because he thought it should be out there, not because it would give them attention on social media. It would be nice if it could be kept unofficial. Them sharing it under the official account kind of makes it less... "magical" to me.

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Are you saying this circumvents Warner Bros somehow or that going through more official channels would delay it and make it less timely. Could be the only way he could release it this fast, I suppose. And hey, Billie is a fan of Green Day too isn't he? It's like he made a fan video of his own song! 😂

Actually Beyoncé did exactly the same with her video for "Why don't you love me". Okay, this doesn't contribute to the discussion,but still a fun fact :lol:

5 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Does this means GD team officially endorses the video? They never said it was a fanmade video.

No idea, when I had a look on the page I saw the one they shared from the fansite then above it was the Vimeo one from the Rev Rad account. I suppose it certainly means they don't have a problem with it being out there.

I love the 'homemade' quality of it and if it was indeed made by Billie, well done dude! Love that. I'm really curious on how it ended up on here.

Archived