Green Day, Manager Pat Magnarella Part After 21 Years

Daddy.

14 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Bill as in Schneider or someone else because Schneider left in 2012. 

Schneider- and it was a quote from LaughingClock that I'd quoted but I'll pick up what he said and run with it- he's been relatively absent since '12 when he left, but they posted a nice picture together earlier this year and they still have the broken guitar thing going, so I guess he just wanted to get off the road and stayed on good terms. But I think LaughingClock knows more about the Bill situation and can fill us in. Hopefully they're on good terms and it's a tour fatigue situation as I suspect...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

Schneider- and it was a quote from LaughingClock that I'd quoted but I'll pick up what he said and run with it- he's been relatively absent since '12 when he left, but they posted a nice picture together earlier this year and they still have the broken guitar thing going, so I guess he just wanted to get off the road and stayed on good terms. But I think LaughingClock knows more about the Bill situation and can fill us in. Hopefully they're on good terms and it's a tour fatigue situation as I suspect...

Schneider did leave abruptly in September 2012 during that tumultuous tour before  iheart. At one point just before leaving, at Reading, he was literally trying to pull Billie off the stage. Broken Guitars opened in 2014. It certainly appears on the surface that Bill was sick of Billie's behaviour and left but they clearly reconciled after rehab, opened the store together and remain friends hence the photo. Also Bill is obviously in Pinhead Gunpowder who still jam together for fun according to Aaron. 

1 hour ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

At one point just before leaving, at Reading, he was literally trying to pull Billie off the stage. 

Really? Never heard that story. 

22 minutes ago, Q.B said:

I just looked it up and apparently you can see it here

:lol: wtf he wasn't even acting out, just playing as usual 

1 hour ago, Q.B said:

I just looked it up and apparently you can see it here

😲 He must have seen what others couldn't. According to Billie's Rolling Stone interview, Pat wanted to cancel Reading so they knew more than the audience did at that point.

I'm sorry Bill wasn't there in Vegas. I kept asking why no one pulled him off the stage there or prevented him from going on in the first place.  Good for Bill, he tried. Hard to help someone who's not willing to be helped. I'm glad they're still friends.

Now that I think about it, he could have been talking about the morning of the Reading show in the interview. I didn't realise that show was 10 in the morning. He said he called a friend to come to his room because it was 7am he had taken lots of stuff and couldn't sleep. That person (Bill?) leaves and Pat calls to tell him they should cancel Reading. Maybe Bill knew he had been up all night on drugs and shouldn't do the show.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Now that I think about it, he could have been talking about the morning of the Reading show in the interview. I didn't realise that show was 10 in the morning. He said he called a friend to come to his room because it was 7am he had taken lots of stuff and couldn't sleep. That person (Bill?) leaves and Pat calls to tell him they should cancel Reading. Maybe Bill knew he had been up all night on drugs and shouldn't do the show.

Explains why he left so abruptly without an explanation. 

No one knows the exact details of why Bill left so there's not much point in speculating about it.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:21 PM, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

What's the world coming to? You have a manager who successfully guided a band through the highs and lows of being one of the biggest bands in rock for 21 years, helped produce some of their material and basically saved their frontman from himself but people are trying to put a positive spin on his departure because he was possibly responsible for the bands lack of social media presence (?!) which is the ultimate crime against millennials. Ugh.

No, that's what the assumption is. There are so many other factors that it is not my place to say but I dropped a couple hints so that you guys could come to your own conclusions. 

As I've stated, you won't find a bigger PM Management fan on this forum than I but the reasons aren't because of social media presence. Why don't you analyze what you said and then think of some of the stuff that has or hasn't happened recently and then you will have your answer. The problems have been building and have come to a head. Green Day is and should be one of the best touring groups both commercially and for entertainment in the industry and while we all know how fun they are, are they the best touring band commercially?

Well the answer is NOT yes, but they should be in the top 3-5.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:19 AM, Justin said:

This post made me feel uncomfortable. Uncomfortable in the fact that anyone skimming over usernames would think I posted this ridiculous statement.

Lol!!! I'm glad I went back to read something over because I almost missed this gem!

That shit was for real funny. Ha! Awesome.

One thing is for sure, Billie and Green Day in general really seem to have good people around who care for them, and that reflects well on Green Day imo.

These kind of decisions must be difficult, but hard decisions are necessary when keeping a band going this long with no signs of stopping.

:)

On 8/11/2017 at 7:26 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

So we know the band takes these business relationships seriously as it's not easy to find people in the industry that you can trust and understand you. They've been together almost 30 years, been with the same label for 24 years, same manager for 21, Rob Cavallo, Chris Dugan have been with them for decades, etc. They don't jump around unless it's for a specific reason.  They maintain a tight inner circle.

They had managers that helped them get signed that they fired sometime after Woodstock (?) Something to do with they didn't like the decisions they were making on the bands behalf.

After 2012, they fired their agent, apparently for overscheduling them to the point of exhaustion? Pat could have been called out on this too but wasn't, maybe due to their strong relationship.

Now this tour they've had two PR disasters recently back to back -- Glasgow and Mad Cool. Green Day gets hammered in the press for both incidents neither of which were the band's fault.  In both cases, the band themselves had to take to social media and/or speak directly to the public to explain themselves.  They hate to cancel shows and we know that made them angry and Billie seemed pretty upset and pissed over the way they were represented in the media after the acrobat's death.

Both were preventable incidents with different management decisions (better oversight of one, better communication with the other). It's been about 6 weeks since then enough time for decisions to be made and for new deals to happen.  Now they are announcing new management mid-tour.

This looks to me like a decision made by the band over the events of the tour as opposed to any behavior by the band that would be nothing new (remember Tower Records in NY?).

Besides, had this been a decison of Pat being fed up a leaving the band wouldn't have been prepared with a statement of who they were signing with so fast, so this was a band decision that points to mismanagement or a mutual decision.

In this post, there are a lot of nails on heads. Not every single nail but yeah, especially the timing portions of it happening mid-tour. You must realize that it's not a small decision to make a change like this mid-tour, that's highly radical.

Reason: the anatomy of a concert. There is Green Day's case usually a major promoter which has been Live Nation for many years (often is associating with local promoters, be it a large conglomerate or a single person). It used to be AEG Live which is why they would play a LN venue over an AEG one as they used to. Obviously this happened when LN unbelievably was permitted by the DOJ to merge with TicketMaster which was a deal with the devil IMO. 

If anyone is old enough they will remember when it was Cellar Door and AEG, and Clear Channel but the DOJ made Clear Channel break off it's even production business from its venue owning business (among other things) that was deemed to be a monopoly and Clear Channel's production company became Live Nation, a wholly separate company and then that eventually merged with Live Nation and all the while Live Nation has bought many venues since their inception so now they own the venues, the ticket broker (ticket master) and the events. It's a bigger monopoly then when the studios used to own the movie theaters. It will always be a major mystery to me how the DOJ approved it but I am sure it was many millions if not billions of dollars that assured it. 

That has esentually crushed AEG Live which is actually only a subsidiary of AEG, inc which is one of the biggest companies in the world (it's a Chinese Company btw). So Aushultz Entertainment Group also owns a ton of venues. When Green Day starting playing all the amphitheaters in Irvine and stuff like that, that was when the change happened. That was a way bigger change then management but nobody seemed to have this much to say about it on the forums yet it was a much more significant change especially for myself.

Goldenvoice who often used to to all the promotion for Green Day shows on the west coast is partly owned by AEG Live and is the reason why Coachella does so well. They discover talent not magically but they have the AEG books to see when new talent just blows up all of a sudden in Alabama or Essex. It's not secret, Paul will and has admitted as much publically.

Back to what I was saying. Let's say you're a small time promoter and you want to try and throw a Green Day event. You would, depending  on who you are or who you know, ideally first contact management as dealing with them first is a good thing (for example, if you know someone close to the band or management and they say 'just speak to our booking agent' is the polite way of saying 'we aren't going to being doing you any favors, just deal with our booker, if you can get them (and hence the band) on your side, the approaching the more business minded booking agent (I will leave her name unmentioned) at CAA and the begin the process of negotiation and eventual hopeful booking.

So often, each show has a local promoter/produce in conjunction with LN and Green Day's management and booking agent so you could see how that change in management could make the promoters a little skiddish and maybe even nervous and possibly not just for the upcoming shows but the ones yet planned.

It should be noted that while I said CAA, often bands have multiple booking agents through different coasts, let alone different counties. So that can be a multitude of people but usually one lead agent but THE CONSTANT no matter where is usually the talent manager and the touring manager. These are the people that promoters need to be "friends" with.

And the new promoters, there is and has been a changing of the proverbial guard. A new group of people and types of people. You get a different generation, different thoughts and philosophies and change is just often necessary and can be a scary thing for all involved but as I've said, the bright side is it shows a desire for evolution and stamina. I personally would like at least another decade or more of Green Day. Fuck, I would even enjoy going to their 50 years of music concert.

And before you laugh, I was at Paul McCartneys  and Leonard Cohens' "50 years in music" show. And for the record, Leonard Cohen was a poet first and didn't even pick up a guitar until 36 and I am sure most here know the story of Sir Paul.

So yeah, shaking up management in the middle of a tour is fairly radical but not unheard of.

On 8/11/2017 at 3:31 AM, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I don't remember him yelling "Kill George Bush", "Kill Obama", "Kill Clinton".  Hyperbole or not he was talking about killing someone who happened to be president (regardless of what a dick he may be). Name one thing more extreme or equally as extreme he's said onstage in the past. 

I think him exorcisng children on stage during the TCB tour during EJN was much more radical. It amazed me every time. Theatrics or not, and even as an agnostic who leans towards atheism, I was almost offended. Almost.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:13 AM, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I'm not saying it is the reason or a reason he left. I was simply correcting your quote earlier. Like I said yesterday we never knew what was going on behind the scenes in 2012 until Billie told us some stuff in the Rolling Stone interview a year later. There is no way to know if this is totally amicable or there was a vicious argument and Pat was left along a highway somewhere :lol: We have seen a spike in Billie acting "wilder" lately doing stuff like smashing up the car, encouraging the people to run naked across the arena and yelling "Kill Donald Trump". Totally unrelated to Pat's departure? Possibly. However there's a nagging part of my brain that can't forget when Bill Schneider suddenly left.

I hate to share your concern.

I really wish gda updates their crew page and stuff I wanna know the people behind them too

I really wish gda updates their crew page and stuff I wanna know the people behind them too

On 8/11/2017 at 7:41 AM, neverdone2000 said:

Maybe this is an ignorant question, but why would it negatively affect GDA?

Also, after all this discussion, I'm still confused as to whether a manager or agent is in charge of promotion. And I think the promotion piece is key in this development if it falls on the manager. For instance, who is in charge of social media? Is that person under the guidance of management?

I've answered this sort of in many posts but to your exact question.

Using Green Day as an example, their booking company is a massive conglomerate at CAA (Creative Artists Management), the largest, Magen second to WME2 (William Morris/Enevour), the result of about a 6 year ago merger between WMA and Endevour. (This merger was sort of chronilced by the show Entourage). 

The booming agents are never the manager and in fact are often at odds at one another if it's working right. The management gets 10% on genetal and so does booking. So 20% of sales go to management and booking independently of each other. There are exceptions but this is in general.

There can be multiple booking agents for different areas of the country/world but almost always only one manager who's job it is to stay loyal to the band at all costs, make sure someone always gets the isle seat if they prefer it, makes sure the rider (adendum to the contract for things like food in green room etc) is met, and to make sure the band is making the right or wrong choice when making a booking. You can see why the "at odds" part would come in. Ideally, you want to have a loving relationship with your management but first and foremost is just to make sure that the band is taken care of while booking has one job (to negotiate the fuck out of it to make sure they make their money and are able to validate their 10%). A good booking agent will tell you "I get 10% but will get you 30% more money". This is the business side of the business but you asked.

As for who is in charge of the sofial media aspect of the band, that's a loaded questuon. It could be management directly if they have an in house PR team or they might just hire one and many other possibilities. Go check out Louis CKs page to see an artist who likes control of their social media presence. Green Day really doesn't fall into that category. They don't want to be misrepresented or overly promotional looking and that's about all I would imagine they would say. I don't know this for sure but I would imagine BJA and the band just sign off on things they are shown or told as it pertains to their non-private presence such as FB page and shit.

Hope this gives you some insight on what booking and management is. For the record, if you are not Green Day, management, booking and PR all might be the drummer for instance.  All relative and depends.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:53 AM, Justin1 said:

Most tame he's ever been?

This week he also called for his fans to 'Kill Donald Trump' and he's now using Green Day's platform to advance their own political beliefs, and are completely ripping opposing views, rather than respectfully disagreeing (that most professional people learn by 30).

I know a lot of this is part of their act, and I personally enjoy it.. I'm just saying that from a 'Manager Perspective' it would be a lot to deal with. You should read the comments on Green Day's facebook page from their fans when they post about Donald Trump. The casual fan that doesn't know the band as well as we do may construe this as very unhinged, and a very big turn off! 

That's like George Carlin caring what conservatives think of his act. Sorry to disappoint any new or old Green Day fans but politics are fully embedded in their DNA at this point and all thee of them are bleeding heart liberal progressives and God bless them for it. We need loud voices on the good guys' team.

For every conservative lost, 5 progressives gained and the silent minority of fans that are for Trump, can either deal or go. Frankly, when I go to a Green Day concert, I hope I am not near any Trump supporter.

Come to think of it, I feel that way at Trader Joe's too. 

On 8/11/2017 at 10:07 AM, neverdone2000 said:

I have seen no major backlash from fans. Anyone  who thinks Billie being political on social media is wrong obviously does not know much about him or Green Day. Give me a break. And if you think this isn't a good time to speak out politically, you're not paying attention. 

I fucking love this post but I have admittedly become a radicalized progressive.  I think radicalized is the wrong word, I mean just strong willed and thoughtful about issues.

ON A TOTAL SIDE NOTE, I want to point out that while I am flattered that some of you think I have so many answers to things and know so much more than some of you for exacts, that's not the case.

Maybe, and only because if you want to know what McDonalds oil temperature is for its fries, you ask a McDonalds workerer. I am a promoter in most cases and have knowledge of the industry and some relationships with some of the people that others might not know as well or at all.  This doesn't make me able to speak for someone else, or give anything other than my own thoughts based on my person interactions.

In essence, my thoughts, theories and reasons (if if I don't exactly state them) may lead me to conclusions that while maybe are more educated (maybe not) just leads to another person's opinion.

What I say isn't gospel, and it's only fact if it say it as so. Don't know why but I felt the need to say that. Some of the PMs im getting, some of you think I am Billie Joe's go to man for suggestions (im being hyperbolic). I am just saying things I think like all of you. Weather or not my knowledge of the business works for or maybe even against me as I have admitted biases, I am just being as altruistic as I can while trying to give you guys some of my thoughts which I understand you guys want answers. Sometimes the answers are way too complex to write down on paper (or screen). I recently had some shit I posted here come to bite me in the ass so yeah. It's fine to speak but Im just saying to you and anyone reading, I am just one dude with one dude's thougts.

Whatever the many reasons, this is something the band felt had to be done and I hope like with any change they come through this stronger. I applaud them for being proactive. Leaks or not, they seem to be genuinely enjoying this tour and want to ensure the band's longevity and success going forward. That means they're already thinking beyond the tour and that's exciting. 

On 8/11/2017 at 11:07 PM, gaslight13 said:

Would it?  Maybe in a court room but is he really legally responsible if someone takes him too literally? 

I wonder if he's gotten the secret service's attention at this point, haha. It amuses me, thinking that probably someone's job in the US gov't right now is to watch all his livestreams and posts to keep an eye out for more threats hahaha. 

You can absolutely guarantee they are watching it. They watched 2 Live Crew in the 80s for cussing too much which of course lead to more record sales and an eventual won Supreme Court freedom of speech case after "Banned in the USA" a Springsteen reference.

Also, as I have mentioned in here, is where "nibble on my dick like a rat does cheese" came from to many people's surprise.  I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is monitoed. I would think it is actually. 

2 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

You can absolutely guarantee they are watching it. They watched 2 Live Crew in the 80s for cussing too much which of course lead to more record sales and an eventual won Supreme Court freedom of speech case after "Banned in the USA" a Springsteen reference.

Also, as I have mentioned in here, is where "nibble on my dick like a rat does cheese" came from to many people's surprise.  I wouldn't be surprised if this thread is monitoed. I would think it is actually. 

I wouldn't think they'd monitor every thread on here. That seems a bit excessive. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do kinda of scan through the page to make sure the things Billie has said haven't inspired us all to team up and act on it. 

On 8/12/2017 at 7:19 AM, Todd said:

I agree with @TimmyChunks. It was a really hard choice to buy tickets for two shows. I'm gonna drive 6 hours to Philly and they're probably gonna play the same setlist. I'm doing it for the slight chance they play something different. Give me JAR or Pasalacqua, something that they pull out only a few times on tour. I'll be disappointed if it's the same setlist. If they were switching it up every night, there's no doubt I would've bought tickets for 4 or 5 shows. I'd have gone out to Indiana, Ohio, maybe even Boston. 

Between the two of you, that another 10 tickets, not to mention anyone you might bring to each.

Its a random sample that's big enough. Hardcore Green Day fans would more than fill every arena or stadium in minutes if they switched it up. I'm convinced now. :P 

On 8/12/2017 at 0:00 PM, MMwhatsername said:

I wish I could go to the shows you don't wanna go to. Saw them 5 times this year and I never get bored. Every GD concert is always different because the crowd and the spirit is different, doesn't depend so much on the setlist imo. But yeah, this is not the setlist thread. I just wish I could go to some more GD shows this year. No matter what setlist they play. Miss them so much 😭

I agree and that's why we keep going but it would be no less amazing if they switched it up.

No matter how many times I watch Indiana Jones, eventually I want another Spielberg film, and while it's different from leg to leg, I truly and strongly believe they would see a POWERFUL boost in ticket sales. If I was their manager, it would be on a weekly schedule to discuss this with them.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:21 PM, Cunt said:

People saying that the setlist is a reason why they have shitty ticket sales are wrong. First off, they don't have shitty ticket sales and are doing pretty good this tour. Second, 99% of the people don't give a flying fuck what they play. At the salt lake show there were some kids behind me that were all excited and had no idea what they were going to play. I was the only one in the group that was around me that had any idea what they were going to play. I could careless what they play at this point. I was dead center in front of Billie and made eye contact with him several times and Mike pointed right at me and acknowledged me at the end of the show. They absolutely killed it, the place was packed, and they were all having fun. The 20,000 people that were there could've probably cared less what they played. If the setlist is such a big deal then why the hell are they filling these places up? Def Leppard has come to salt lake 4 years in a row and have played the same setlist every time and they sold out all 4 of those shows. The setlist does not matter. It's your performance and your ability to connect to people that matters.

Also, people saying that this has to do with politics. I'm a conservative. I voted for Donald Trump. (Not my first choice, and no I don't like everything he's done and am willing to call him out on it). Billie yelled "Kill Donald Trump" at the Salt Lake City show as well. I. Did. Not. Give. A. Shit!!! I, like a lot of people, don't fucking care what Billie says. Good for him on having an opinion and expressing it. I admire the guy, I think he is a brilliant performer, and his lyrics have connected with me on a deep personal level more than any other lyricist. 

This is my other point, while I disagree with you about that it wouldn't be better if they mixed up their setlist, i always leave saying "ok, I could watch them before Longview" HAPPILY again forever, but talk to me after 40 shows. 

And nobody said their ticket sales are shitty but as a band that in in the HOF, has multiple chatting ones and current charting ones should sell even more and faster. That's just a fact my friend. They should not have had 25k in Oakland. Should have been sold out. Same with Wrigley and Rose although I think they will come close with Rose.

I COMPLETELY understand your sentiment and think it every time I see it but then I get to thinking.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:22 PM, WhiteTim said:

yes altho it'd might be a difficult deal 

look at the woman who is going to prison for texting a guy to kill himself 

I knew someone was going to bring that up. He was literally on the phone with him while he said he was going to do it and that cunt didn't stop him. I'm sorry but that's a minor difference.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:26 AM, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Bill as in Schneider or someone else because Schneider left in 2012. 

Odd, you were quoting me. I think we all know that.  Guys, I'll find out if there is an avenue for me to tell you what I know. Their tour manager is as impetus to them as their manager. Billie in particular likes to be in tune where how things will run. I should honestly just stfu because a) I DO NOT know everything and b) what I do can accidently piss soneone off.

11 hours ago, Hermione said:

No one knows the exact details of why Bill left so there's not much point in speculating about it.

I don't often use the term "bingo" but I feel like I have said it to you about 15x in the last week alone. This thread is taking me forever to read. 

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Whatever the many reasons, this is something the band felt had to be done and I hope like with any change they come through this stronger. I applaud them for being proactive. Leaks or not, they seem to be genuinely enjoying this tour and want to ensure the band's longevity and success going forward. That means they're already thinking beyond the tour and that's exciting. 

Said eloquently.  You've posted a lot of great stuff in this thread.  Thanks and bravo.

22 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

Said eloquently.  You've posted a lot of great stuff in this thread.  Thanks and bravo.

And thank you for your insights and general knowledge. I feel like I've learned a lot. 

7 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

I wouldn't think they'd monitor every thread on here. That seems a bit excessive. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do kinda of scan through the page to make sure the things Billie has said haven't inspired us all to team up and act on it. 

Dude, they don't need to scan anything.

They have a whole agency that follows when the word _______ followed by the word _______ for more than one occasion and is read by X amount of people alerts a group of 100s of thousands of people working with G level security.

Did you guys, has one single person actually read some of the stuff that Snowden, has risked his liberty and life to show us is happening against our constitution that everyone claims to love so much?

I can guarantee you that this thread is at a minimum on a list and has probably been read to an extent if not completely.

So are your Google searches., and so many other things.  One thing the modern era did was let the government get away with walking around the 4th amendment by having things not really work as they were supposed to because as forward thinking as the founders were, there was no way for them to count on something like the World Wide Web.

Why is is okay for them to look at our stuff with the lack of a warrant and breaking out 4th amendment rights in the Constitution protecting us from search and seizure without a warrant is because it is all done through a third party, and several of them.  Before this information that I am typing gets into a government's hands to read, it has passed through about 5 different company's minimum, and they work with the government for benefits and other things that we don't know about.

There is a great documentary about it which escapes me now but I will pass it on to you.  Yes, we are being watched.  All the time.  It's become the norm.  In a generation, there will be nobody that remembers that it was once taboo to look at other people's things searching for crimes.  But we are being lead by fear and lack of knowledge by the people that live in this country.

We are getting farther and farther away from the true spirit of the constitution n the modern era an that is the problem with us and so many other free country's around the world, and yes Britain too.  

I am sorry id I am just awaking you to this but unfortunately a civil war is probably in the initial stages.  It might happen 100 years from now, it might happen 10 years from now but the current constitution will have it's problems and it will begin when President Trump pardons himself and his family from all the wrong doings that Mueller is about to show the world.  A constitutional crisis is coming, that much you can read assured on.

Going to get some sushi on that note. I hope it's Fuki-free.

2 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

I fucking love this post but I have admittedly become a radicalized progressive.  I think radicalized is the wrong word, I mean just strong willed and thoughtful about issues.

ON A TOTAL SIDE NOTE, I want to point out that while I am flattered that some of you think I have so many answers to things and know so much more than some of you for exacts, that's not the case.

Maybe, and only because if you want to know what McDonalds oil temperature is for its fries, you ask a McDonalds workerer. I am a promoter in most cases and have knowledge of the industry and some relationships with some of the people that others might not know as well or at all.  This doesn't make me able to speak for someone else, or give anything other than my own thoughts based on my person interactions.

In essence, my thoughts, theories and reasons (if if I don't exactly state them) may lead me to conclusions that while maybe are more educated (maybe not) just leads to another person's opinion.

What I say isn't gospel, and it's only fact if it say it as so. Don't know why but I felt the need to say that. Some of the PMs im getting, some of you think I am Billie Joe's go to man for suggestions (im being hyperbolic). I am just saying things I think like all of you. Weather or not my knowledge of the business works for or maybe even against me as I have admitted biases, I am just being as altruistic as I can while trying to give you guys some of my thoughts which I understand you guys want answers. Sometimes the answers are way too complex to write down on paper (or screen). I recently had some shit I posted here come to bite me in the ass so yeah. It's fine to speak but Im just saying to you and anyone reading, I am just one dude with one dude's thougts.

The one answer I want to know is who was responsible for the terrible decision to no longer offer a full floor standing. Im a firm believer that the lack of standing sections also screwed this tour. Setlist aside, I bought tickets to 8 shows this tour, they're playing Darien Lake a few hours drive from here but without pit tickets I wouldn't go. 

I know a good amount of people who didn't buy tickets to shoes cause all they could get were seats. The decision to turn into a seated concert band still baffles me. 

(Not that you know the answer it's merely a statement/ belief that continues the discussion)

5 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

No, it's all code and shit like the word "Trump" and "some variable" word was said on this IP X amount of times and blah blah... Have any of you guys watched any of the Snowden and Wikileaks stuff that was declassified? They are watching everything. The only major company that wouldn't play ball was Twitter, to their credit.

Archived