I just listened to 21CBD again.......

GreenDayTheory

Just now, Tinkle said:

All good - I just personally love the album - more so then AI.

I actually loved 21stCB when it was first released.  But after a year or so I lost interest and it doesn't really hold up for me now.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

RHS is the best GD song ever. Period.

I agree RHS is the best.

By the way... i know its an off topic (not so much) but, you guys can help me find these videos that Green day used on 21st century breakdown tour(you know, that one on big screen behind the band)???

I really remember someone put this to download in 21st era... but i can't find these anymore! 

1 hour ago, crock6000 said:

I think it was beautifuly produced and I've listened Tim it "again" way too many times.

I mean Billie became sick while making the album

6 hours ago, Diego Baro said:

By the way... i know its an off topic (not so much) but, you guys can help me find these videos that Green day used on 21st century breakdown tour(you know, that one on big screen behind the band)???

I really remember someone put this to download in 21st era... but i can't find these anymore! 

Someone should do it.

I really like 21CBD! Its so good I'm struggling to pick my top songs from it!

At first, I didn't really like Horseshoes and Hand grenades but the song has grown on me and I really like it now.

Although KYE isn't one of my top songs from 21CBD- it is a good live song. I just wish they'd play more songs off the album- having said that they should play more songs off all the albums :happy:

On 6/5/2017 at 11:47 AM, MysticManiac said:

Even more epic than AI. The lyrics are just as good as American Idiot, if not better

:sick:

8 hours ago, Clayish said:

:sick:

They're right though

5 hours ago, Jenn. said:

They're right though

Lyrics of 21CBD are pure emotional and and rocks out too(RIP ENGLISH its not my native language)

I never gave 21CBD a chance when it came out cause I hated the singles. No idea why, cause now I love them and I love the album. While it isn't my favorite, in my opinion, it is the best Green Day album from an artistic point of view: the lyrics are extremely well written, it takes the storytelling they started with AI to a whole new level and it is very coherent and works as one entity instead of a collection of songs (the other end of the spectrum would be the trilogy) - more than any other GD album. So, in my opinion, it is an artistic masterpiece.

Unfortunately all this also means that it's very heavy, almost exhausting to listen to, it often seems too construed and some songs are hard to incorporate into a setlist with other GD songs cause they don't harmonize well enough with them. For example, I couldn't imagine "East Jesus Nowhere" in the RevRad Tour setlist. It would seem off and destroy the harmony. "Know the Enemy" works, cause it's more generic.

Overall, 21CBD shows Green Day's strength: to make music for all occasions and moods :-)

21CB is probably the GD album I overplayed most. I freaking love it, but I couldn't listen to it for a while because I had overplayed it WAY too much. But listening to it again after a break makes it even better. It's a strong number 2 in my GD album-ranking. Maybe also because the 21CB tour was just not from this planet; the thought of my show in Mainz (unfortunately I only saw them once during that tour) still gives me goosebumps.

And while I really enjoyed reading your post @melissi_unicorn, I disagree: I think a song like East Jesus Nowhere or Murder City or even Horseshoes and Handgrenades (God I love how angry that one is) would fit perfectly into their setlist right now. Times are crazy and they are angry and their level of energy is SO high right now, it would be really interesting to hear some of those songs in the context of the year 2017, not 2009 or 10. I really, really hope those songs will have a comeback on stage one day.

9 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

And while I really enjoyed reading your post @melissi_unicorn, I disagree: I think a song like East Jesus Nowhere or Murder City or even Horseshoes and Handgrenades (God I love how angry that one is) would fit perfectly into their setlist right now. Times are crazy and they are angry and their level of energy is SO high right now, it would be really interesting to hear some of those songs in the context of the year 2017, not 2009 or 10. I really, really hope those songs will have a comeback on stage one day.

Agreed. East Jesus Nowhere could replace Holiday any time!

my second fave 21cbd..it is not as well received as AI and it is better then RevRad..from quality of song and sound.

my best songs is RestlessHS,A La Gloria..(little girl) peacemaker,HH,MC..

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't even listen to this album til like a year after it came out and I've been a die hard fan since dookie.but after American idiot I heard know your enemy and 21 guns and I was like no thanks. After the trilogy which I love btw igot really into this one this one is my favorite album now.i even like know your enemy now but 21 guns is still terribleits the knly song i skip..i like the over production it makes it stand out among the other albums. Also I remember when I did finally first listen to it I was thinking does Billie have a drug problem?American idiot is my least favorite album .

Yeah, I was out of the loop after AI and didn't even bother with this one till the Trilogy era and had like 4 new albums to get into. 21CB didn't hit me too hard the first time but like you said, the whole album grows on you so quick like all of their stuff. Just can't even pick any favorites with Green Day anymore, it's all so great!

4 hours ago, nopride84 said:

I didn't even listen to this album til like a year after it came out and I've been a die hard fan since dookie.but after American idiot I heard know your enemy and 21 guns and I was like no thanks. After the trilogy which I love btw igot really into this one this one is my favorite album now.i even like know your enemy now but 21 guns is still terribleits the knly song i skip..i like the over production it makes it stand out among the other albums. Also I remember when I did finally first listen to it I was thinking does Billie have a drug problem?American idiot is my least favorite album .

21Guns?? It was the song that got me to Green Day!!

2 hours ago, GreenDayTheory said:

21Guns?? It was the song that got me to Green Day!!

I feel like it's just playing off of Blvd of broken dreams popularity 

Here's how I feel about the album and maybe some others feel the same way: there's no denying they put every last bit of blood, sweat, and tears they could muster into this thing. Given the length of the album we can all nitpick various songs, lyrics, and arrangements, and that's part of the beauty. It's a mess, but in a really fulfilling way. This album represented GD's most creative and risk-taking stages overlapping, and they put everything they had into the process. From a song by song perspective it's not my favorite, but I realize that's not a fair way to judge the album either. This album was about taking creative risk, combining it with unparalleled effort and emotion, and trying to create something special. And in this respect they absolutely succeeded. I'll never listen to it front to back and thing "wow, this is the most amazing group of songs linked together", but when I hear this I just marvel at the pure balls and effort behind the whole thing. It's an exhausting triumph of an album. A magnificent opus. Even in the parts where it fails they've succeeded in effort and ambition alone- that's what creative risk taking is all about. 

re-discovering the old albums is always a great feeling. If you haven't listened to a single GD song for about 3 months, but then you get the itch and you listen to an album back to back. So good 

2 hours ago, nopride84 said:

I feel like it's just playing off of Blvd of broken dreams popularity 

Well it's better that Nightlife tho

On 6/25/2017 at 0:35 AM, GreenDayTheory said:

Well it's better that Nightlife tho

Nightlife kicks ass.

After all this years, probably this is the ultimate Green Day album. The only thing that I dislike is how it was produced. Aaaaand the make up. But everything else (songs, structures, promotion, live shows) is the best of the best.

4 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Nightlife definitely kicks ass. :cool:

4 hours ago, nopride84 said:

Nightlife kicks ass.

Really though guys??Are you joking??

5 minutes ago, GreenDayTheory said:

Really though guys??Are you joking??

I don't know about them, but I love it, seriously. So do alot of other people

Archived