I just listened to 21CBD again.......

GreenDayTheory

I think the songs in 21CBD was better but longer and the AI songs was overplayed

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On June 6, 2017 at 7:13 AM, dudley dawson said:

It's an ok album but probably Green Day's worst TBH.  It's too long with too much filler (despite moments of greatness like Restless Heart Syndrome and 21 Guns).

I agree with the filler but its not the worst album

On 2017-6-6 at 9:13 AM, dudley dawson said:

It's an ok album but probably Green Day's worst TBH.  It's too long with too much filler (despite moments of greatness like Restless Heart Syndrome and 21 Guns).

What is the "too much filler"??

3 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Peacemaker etc..

1 hour ago, GreenDayTheory said:

Peacemaker etc..

What.

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

What.

Peacemaker probably Christians Inferno Horseshoes and Handgrenades (sounds like a trilogy song) Its looks like i angered half of the Forum (sorry xD)

Its a too long  album (I prefer of AI for the longness but clearly 21CBD is better)

Absolutely not Peacemaker. Christian's Inferno and Horseshoes and Handgrenades could easily get chopped off, I'd also chuck The Static Age and See the Light off to bring it down to a more solid 14 track album. That being said when it first came out I didn't like Restless Heart Syndrome, but I've come around now.

As an album though, it's one of my favourites, it's got so much going on within it. I loved it when it first came out and still enjoy it today.

The STatic Age is one of my favorite GD songs of all time, no chopping there.

Why does any1 hate H&H? One of the best songs of the album. Peacemaker is also fantastic, don't understand either. And Christian's Inferno gets way too much unnecessary hate

H&H sounds like it could easily pass as Trilogy Songs,Christians Inferno sounds like the network and Peacemaker idk maybe im not sure really about the fillers i just know its too long I know Peacemaker is fantastic but it dont fit in a total rock/dramatic opera album.

On 2017-6-6 at 9:11 AM, Hermione said:

Although to be fair 21st CB got rave reviews when it came out and won the Best Rock Album Grammy. I guess as usually happens people started to appreciate it less once it turned out not to be as successful as American Idiot (one example being Kerrang giving it 5/5 when it came out, having only given AI 4/5, but later pretending it was the other way round) but it was recognized as being good at the time. Seems like how successful an album ends up being is what determines how it's remembered rather than the actual reaction to the music. 

I think is not a fair comparison since whe live in times where Cage the Elephant can win a Best Rock Album Grammy and sales are not as big as they used to

And charts wise, RR is pretty successful.

H&H couldn't pass for a trilogy way too heavy to be a trilogy song 

Skip Christian's Inferno 99% of the time. Restless Heart Syndrome and last night on earth 100% of the time :lol: 

1 minute ago, Eric said:

Skip Christian's Inferno 99% of the time. Restless Heart Syndrome and last night on earth 100% of the time :lol: 

RHS is the best GD song ever. Period.

Just now, MysticManiac said:

RHS is the best GD song ever. Period.

:rolleyes: 

9 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

H&H couldn't pass for a trilogy way too heavy to be a trilogy song 

not good enough to be on the trilogy...

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

:rolleyes: 

not good enough to be on the trilogy...

It's Mystic opinion that RHS is the best 

just like its your opinion that the trilogy has better songs on it than H&H (altho I will say there are better songs but trilogy does have songs that aren't nearly as good as H&H like Troublemaker or Sex Drugs & Violence but that's just my opinion) 

12 hours ago, GreenDayTheory said:

I agree with the filler but its not the worst album

Warning is their worst

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, dudley dawson said:

yeah there are like 5 skippable tracks

1 hour ago, Stefano Bras said:

I think is not a fair comparison since whe live in times where Cage the Elephant can win a Best Rock Album Grammy and sales are not as big as they used to

And charts wise, RR is pretty successful.

21st CB got rave reviews as well though, they were really enthusiastic and I remember more than one saying it topped American Idiot. Whereas Rev Rad's reviews have been good but not 5/5 spectacular. It was very well liked here too, just this morning when I was looking for another thread I happened to find this favourite album poll from just after it came out:

Compare that to when people talked about how Rev Rad compared to other albums, even with the being extra popular because it's new factor people still weren't putting it above AI or Dookie. I agree with you that Rev Rad has been reasonably successful and that it'll probably be looked back on well in the future (because it's great). Just saying 21st CB was well liked and critically acclaimed when it came out and it was really only later that it got forgotten/went down in people's opinions. Still since 21st CB is the subject of this thread you make a good point, it's nice to see people getting into it later who might not have appreciated it as much before.

9 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

The STatic Age is one of my favorite GD songs of all time, no chopping there.

You mean poor man's Church on Sunday? :)

4 hours ago, Eric said:

Warning is their worst

Warning is arguably their best (I have it just a smidgen behind Dookie as their top album).  The song quality throughout Warning is miles ahead of 21stCB.

1 minute ago, dudley dawson said:

haha but that is her favourite song & Warning is her favourite album./.

2 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Warning is arguably their best (I have it just a smidgen behind Dookie as their top album).  The song quality throughout Warning is miles ahead of 21stCB.

yikes.....

16 hours ago, Tinkle said:

The Static Age, See the Light, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, and Christian's Inferno come to mind (not that they're bad but not top tier either - especially The Static Age which pales in comparison to Church on Sunday).

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

yikes.....

You don't have to agree.  I've been listening to them since I was 10 when Dookie was released.  I have strong opinions about everything they do.

1 minute ago, dudley dawson said:

The Static Age, See the Light, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, and Christian's Inferno come to mind (not that they're bad but not top tier either - especially The Static Age which pales in comparison to Church on Sunday).

All good - I just personally love the album - more so then AI.

2 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

You don't have to agree.  I've been listening to them since I was 10 when Dookie was released.  I have strong opinions about everything they do.

I know I don't have to agree that's why I said yikes

Archived