Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

What he did was objectively wrong. My point is that people often act out during breakups, and I won't condemn the guy for doing a dumb thing in an emotional moment, as long as he grows from it.

Yeah he's not the first person to get angry/upset and act immaturely. I think it's the lack of addressing it/apologising afterwards that has left a lasting nasty taste though. It just made him less likeable, that's how it goes. No one has done anything terrible to him as a result, some people just don't like him as much, and that's their right.

People would be into Kevin being in the band regardless though, because Kevin is awesome.

• Like 3

Oh all this time I thought he killed someone. 
I like him then.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Oh all this time I thought he killed someone. 
I like him then.

I wouldn’t mind him killing someone if he politely apologized

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah he's not the first person to get angry/upset and act immaturely. I think it's the lack of addressing it/apologising afterwards that has left a lasting nasty taste though. It just made him less likeable, that's how it goes. No one has done anything terrible to him as a result, some people just don't like him as much, and that's their right.

People would be into Kevin being in the band regardless though, because Kevin is awesome.

Agreed. We do all screw up and being able to acknowledge it and become better is important, and it doesn't sound like he has done that. Sounds like someone who kinda thinks they are better than everyone else.

It also doesn't help that I've heard stories of Jeff being an asshole to fans so...🤷‍♀️

Also, some people have a hard time separating an artist from the bad things they've done. Some people are able to enjoy their work while acknowledging their shitty behavior and others can't, which I think is fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

One of the things that most got me about Jeff was at the start of the Longshot tour when he had a personal family emergency and the tour was postponed in the eleventh hour. Absolutely the right thing to do and of course not his fault but it was still a big thing for two weeks of shows to be rescheduled last minute instead of temporarily replacing him. It was a tremendous act of loyalty and compassion on Billie’s part and though many hundreds of fans were inconvenienced, they all posted messages of support for Jeff and the decision on social media. In short, a lot of people went out of their way for him. But then when it was all over, he never said a thing about it. Not a post of appreciation for the fans or a thank you to Longshot for postponing.  It made him come off like an ungrateful jerk. 

I feel like I am getting a picture of someone who is really entitled. As I said before, we all screw up and I believe in forgiveness, but when you never apologize for your mistakes, never show gratitude, and play victim/drag the public into your personal issues, that kinda makes you an overgrown spoiled brat. I am starting to feel glad that this guy is gone LOL. Also hope he will have some personal growth and learn to do better.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

One of the things that most got me about Jeff was at the start of the Longshot tour when he had a personal family emergency and the tour was postponed in the eleventh hour. Absolutely the right thing to do and of course not his fault but it was still a big thing for two weeks of shows to be rescheduled last minute instead of temporarily replacing him. It was a tremendous act of loyalty and compassion on Billie’s part and though many hundreds of fans were inconvenienced, they all posted messages of support for Jeff and the decision on social media. In short, a lot of people went out of their way for him. But then when it was all over, he never said a thing about it. Not a post of appreciation for the fans or a thank you to Longshot for postponing.  It made him come off like an ungrateful jerk. 

So Billie is not responsible for his fans feelings or delivering on his word, but you are condemning Jeff for not publicly apologizing for tending to a family emergency? Sure, it would be nice, but he doesn't need to apologize for doing the right thing, and he might have privately to the band.

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

Sounds like someone who kinda thinks they are better than everyone else.

That's a huge assumption to make.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

So Billie is not responsible for his fans feelings or delivering on his word, but you are condemning Jeff for not publicly apologizing for tending to a family emergency? Sure, it would be nice, but he doesn't need to apologize for doing the right thing, and he might have privately to the band.

No, he certainly doesn't need to apologize for that, but it would have been nice if he could have shown appreciation for everyone who stood by him during his time of need. Gratitude is good. :) 

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

That's a huge assumption to make.

I didn't say he necessarily thinks that, I said that's what his behavior looks like. Those are two different things, but actions speak louder than words, so if this is not who he is, I hope he will learn to choose behaviors that are more consistent with his values. I believe everyone deserves a chance to learn and grow. :) 

13 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I feel like I am getting a picture of someone who is really entitled. As I said before, we all screw up and I believe in forgiveness, but when you never apologize for your mistakes, never show gratitude, and play victim/drag the public into your personal issues, that kinda makes you an overgrown spoiled brat. I am starting to feel glad that this guy is gone LOL. Also hope he will have some personal growth and learn to do better.

You didn't even know what he did an hour ago and now you hate him lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

You didn't even know what he did an hour ago and now you hate him lol

I don't hate him; I don't even know him LOL. I am just hearing a bunch of you paint a picture of a pattern of behavior that isn't healthy. If any of you have examples of positive things he has done, then please share those too. 

Also, isn't it strange that we are trying to come up with excuses for Jeff's behavior but a month ago we were all trying to find ways to paint Billie as a racist and were ready to push him in front of a train just because he happened to collaborate with someone who said something offensive? Just sayin'.

2 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Also, isn't it strange that we are trying to come up with excuses for Jeff's behavior but a month ago we were all trying to find ways to paint Billie as a racist and were ready to push him in front of a train just because he happened to collaborate with someone who said something offensive? Just sayin'.

I was trying to push him, none of you.
I was alone in my lonely world.

Btw it started with a joke. I wasn't serious when I said Billie was racist.

I liked this thread better when we were talking about Kevin 👀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I was trying to push him, none of you.
I was alone in my lonely world.

Btw it started with a joke. I wasn't serious when I said Billie was racist.

I know you were joking, even if it wasn't particularly funny. What I was talking about here were the days of discussion that then ensued about Billie's activism or lack there of. And it feels like we are headed for the same kind of thing here. I thought this was the Instagram thread? Can't we just post Instagram photos LOL?

4 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I am just hearing a bunch of you paint a picture of a pattern of behavior that isn't healthy. 

Also, isn't it strange that we are trying to come up with excuses for Jeff's behavior 

One mistake is not a "pattern." 

No one is excusing what he did. It was gross and wrong. My point is that calling to end his career over a human mistake is extreme. The amount of hatred towards him seems to be projections from your own experiences.

3 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I liked this thread better when we were talking about Kevin 👀

Me too. Screw it, I'm going back to the fangirls thread. Who's coming with me? 🤣

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

One mistake is not a "pattern." 

No one is excusing what he did. It was gross and wrong. My point is that calling to end his career over a human mistake is extreme. The amount of hatred towards him seems to be projections from your own experiences.

I was not referring to the one mistake. Several people mentioned several things and it seemed to show a pattern of self-centered behavior. Also, I never called for him to be removed from the band. I am just learning about all this right now and saying what I am hearing. He could easily just apologize and move on and try to do better and then I doubt anyone would care; I certainly wouldn't.

OK so the subject of Jeff came up and someone wanted to be filled in on what happened with the girlfriend, but that's been done now. Can we return to the topic of GD instagram posts and not have a "let's bash Jeff" thread please.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I was not referring to the one mistake. Several people mentioned several things and it seemed to show a pattern of self-centered behavior. Also, I never called for him to be removed from the band. I am just learning about all this right now and saying what I am hearing. He could easily just apologize and move on and try to do better and then I doubt anyone would care; I certainly wouldn't.

What pattern though? What behavior was he doing? Seems like people are just re-writing the past to make him look worse.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

OK so the subject of Jeff came up and someone wanted to be filled in on what happened with the girlfriend, but that's been done now. Can we return to the topic of GD instagram posts and not have a "let's bash Jeff" thread please.

Just posting this again so it isn't hidden at the bottom of a page

If anyone wants to continue debating Jeff please do so via pm

• Like 1

My biggest problem with Jeff is that his vocals with the Longshot, in the show recordings I heard, we’re pretty awful.  I’m not being flippant I just think the guy was not doing a good job, also I am always very concerned about judging people who are in the public eye at any level on the basis of what they appear to have done or not done, it’s too easy to get the wrong end of the stick or plain misinformation.  Kevin seems like a great fit.

• Like 3