Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

1 minute ago, neverdone2000 said:

Was this reply under his latest post? This is incredible. I’m trying to figure out if he’s talking about the past or now or both.

Yes, it’s incredible that he goes that deep with a IG comment. I think he first talks about the past, he says “how did I wake up out of this”, referred to that moment of his life. Then he moves to the present, the country going crazy, the depression, the reaction. 

He says "times in my life", maybe the lyrics aren't that recent but he inserted them in the song when they got the music. Maybe they are recent, or just something he's lived regularly through time. Who knows? I like to think that he spread that lipstick on the first show all over his face like the blood off his chipped teeth he's referring too. 

One thing I'm trying to figure out, how do you get chipped teeth through the night? Puking? The way he says it is like it comes out of nowhere lol

2 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

The most interesting line is “I refuse to be someone I no longer am”.  What is it that he no longer is...what he was during Trilogy or what he was during Rev Rad?

And I don’t want to hear anyone whining about how this is none of our business. Billie commented this for a reason. Obviously he’s trying to tell us his motivation for his current behavior/music and he wants this discussion. 

You get drunk, chip your tooth, pass out, then wake up in this state. He chipped his tooth a long time ago and had it fixed during the Rev Rad era.

Maybe he just had an impulsion of sharing this with us :P when he says he doesn't want to be his old him, that could apply for any past period. Like, don't do things by function of what you were at a given time, but what you want to be now. Don't let past be a drag

yeah you must be right for the chipped teeth.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think he means he no longer is who he was in the nineties, and he thinks to how he was at his worst behavior in the past and how he survived that damage and has now emerged to face a world gone insane. He’s better physically but not mentally and he’s fed up with the world.  And this is the song that came out.

He's better mentally

8 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

He's better mentally

“All my mental instability”  Are you reading?

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

It’s making more sense to me now. He’s saying that his mental state has taken a hit again because of the current state of the world, and that’s where the lyrics for FOAM came from.

THIS 👆

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think he means he no longer is who he was in the nineties, and he thinks to how he was at his worst behavior in the past and how he survived that damage and has now emerged to face a world gone insane. He’s better physically but not mentally and he’s fed up with the world.  And this is the song that came out.

I could not explain better how I read that message :D 100% agree with this. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

“All my mental instability”  Are you reading?

And are you able to be humble?

Oh no you're right I wasn't reading, how stupid of me. Only way of explaining that I have a different interpretation than yours of course: I wasn't reading. Billie is mentally unstable from his own words (something that never disappears, I know it too) but he can't be better mentally than before, of course. A way of words so relevant to be aggressive over

• Haha 1

Yeah I think he’s being pretty clear. You can be as physically healthy as you want but mental health will always be tricky and we know he suffers in that area. especially with the current state of the world.  I like that he gave this insight. I find it quite relatable tbh

• Like 2

I don't want to dig too deep into psychoanalysis here, but "burn your past" has never been the best coping strategy. Just sayin' as someone who has struggled with severe issues myself. So that one is a pretty bad advice.

With that in mind, I understand the quote from his interviews "rock music is supposed to make you feel bad" even less. I get that he's shaken to the core by the current state of the world, I guess we all are, but shouldn't music be a saving anchor, a tiny spark of hope in times like these even more, and not make you feel even worse than you already do?

4 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

I don't want to dig too deep into psychoanalysis here, but "burn your past" has never been the best coping strategy. Just sayin' as someone who has struggled with severe issues myself. So that one is a pretty bad advice.

With that in mind, I understand the quote from his interviews "rock music is supposed to make you feel bad" even less. I get that he's shaken to the core by the current state of the world, I guess we all are, but shouldn't music be a saving anchor, a tiny spark of hope in times like these even more, and not make you feel even worse than you already do?

I think no matter what he should be thinking or feeling, these comments reflect what he is thinking and feeling. He’s being honest.

• Like 3

Screenshot-20190915-083324-1.png

I can't share the post because it's a sponsored post, but please tell me someone else has seen the mickey mouse voice video on ig? It will let me DM it and comment, but no link.

6 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

I can't share the post because it's a sponsored post, but please tell me someone else has seen the mickey mouse voice video on ig? It will let me DM it and comment, but no link.

Huh?

8 minutes ago, RustyShackleford said:

What? Where on IG? 

Just now, neverdone2000 said:

Huh?

This is from a video on Instagram. It is a "sponsored" post, so there's no link to share it, so I just took a screenshot. Billie is talking like Mickey Mouse lol