Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Silly Matt. Mike’s his friend. Kevin’s his boy 😜🥰

I just said that!  Get out of my head. :lol:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Silly Matt. Mike’s his friend. Kevin’s his boy 😜🥰

I think Mike is more like his homeboy or something but Kevin’s like we all know lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I just said that!  Get out of my head. :lol:

I heard you thinking it 😉

• Haha 2

Finally getting the chance to get me that sweet Broken Guitars t-shirt. Pre-orders taken this week 🎸👏

• Like 2

With stores and pubs not opening yet, I hope the employees of gd’s businesses aren’t getting screwed over. I saw Golden Bull has a gofundme for its employees at about a third of the goal, all small donations. Let’s say Billie makes up for it by ordering lots of booze as soon as the bar opens.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Squashie said:

I've seen a lot fans posting about "Mr. Money Bags" (their words not mine) not funding his "businesses" during this. But here's the thing, we don't know what his role is in the Golden Bull or any of the other ones. Maybe he's the one paying the rent/mortgage & taxes on the spaces, maybe not. Just because he has $$$ doesn't mean he should be footing the bill when there is no income. The employees are eligible for unemployment like any other person who has been laid off or furloughed in the US because of COVID-19. I understand that this it will not cover everyone's monthly expenses, but to rag on the guy because he "appears" to not be helping "his employees" is pretty rude.

*steps off soap box

I mean, I’m not hating on him in any way, I guess what he does is that he helps with funding in exchange of a share of the profit and that’s about it with his involvement, it’s not like he’s running the business himself. That said, I hope it’s not like he’s a Mr. Business Owner, who’s like “you know what, I don’t give a fuck, start a godundme or go live under a bridge no I’m not going to chime in”. That’d totally be a reason to rag on him in my opinion, or at least I’d politely ask him to shut up the next time he talks about the struggles of the working class :P

• Like 1

I can’t see him behaving like that but he will no doubt have accountants saying you can’t do that if he is trying to foot all the bills.  It would be nice if it was an opportunity though for businesses in the US to actually pay their waiting staff etc a proper wage rather than them being so reliant on tips which I understand is the case.  Apologies if I have this wrong, it’s purely based on what some staff have told me in the US.  I hope lots of businesses all over the world will start paying staff better now they realise how important they are!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I mean, I’m not hating on him in any way, I guess what he does is that he helps with funding in exchange of a share of the profit and that’s about it with his involvement, it’s not like he’s running the business himself. That said, I hope it’s not like he’s a Mr. Business Owner, who’s like “you know what, I don’t give a fuck, start a godundme or go live under a bridge no I’m not going to chime in”. That’d totally be a reason to rag on him in my opinion, or at least I’d politely ask him to shut up the next time he talks about the struggles of the working class :P

We can’t judge because we don’t really know how he contributes to keeping the business afloat as a co-owner (he could be doing the lions share already for all we know) but that said I have to admit that my gut reaction to seeing a gofundme for one of his businesses was that it was not a good look asking for money and didn’t inspire me to want to help out knowing other small businesses that don’t have multi-millionaire co-owners really do need my help.  Now no doubt he’s taken a hit financially this year too and has several businesses he co-owns so not saying he could or should do it all, it just could be why people aren’t rushing to help. 

• Like 3

Billie probably has a lot of rich friends who value the bar and don't mind chipping in. If fans choose to donate knowing he and his rich friends could foot the bill, that's on them, not Billie.

• Like 2

I can understand Billie not being expected to cover all of his friends' businesses (1234, Ivy Room, etc), but it did look weird to me, his own business asking the public for money. I couldn't help but have the thought of, ummm, I think you can cover this one.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

We can’t judge because we don’t really know how he contributes to keeping the business afloat as a co-owner (he could be doing the lions share already for all we know) but that said I have to admit that my gut reaction to seeing a gofundme for one of his businesses was that it was not a good look asking for money and didn’t inspire me to want to help out knowing other small businesses that don’t have multi-millionaire co-owners really do need my help.  Now no doubt he’s taken a hit financially this year too and has several businesses he co-owns so not saying he could or should do it all, it just could be why people aren’t rushing to help. 

Exactly, there certainly are other places in the same area that need help more urgently, so if I was a regular at this place and some other, I’d prioritize the other venue. That’s why I hope the staff are staying afloat, because with the public and the owners both hoping someone else will cover it, they might end up with the short end of the stick.

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Exactly, there certainly are other places in the same area that need help more urgently, so if I was a regular at this place and some other, I’d prioritize the other venue. That’s why I hope the staff are staying afloat, because with the public and the owners both hoping someone else will cover it, they might end up with the short end on the stick.

And truth is Billie could sell just one of his vintage guitars and pay a bartender’s mortgage or rent for several months with it. 

• Like 1

Just saying,  he (and the others, and as a band as a whole) have previously ‘donated’ funds even to their own projects anonymously/behind the scenes, not saying that’s what’s happened in this instance, but it has in the past. 

• Like 1