Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

I wish Billie would stop with the grandstanding and just focus on producing good rock music.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:02 AM, desertrose said:

Looks like Armstrong is back on the booze again........oh well it, was only a matter of time. There is no such thing as a "casual drink" where an alcoholic is concerned. I really hope this doesn't derail their tour, as it's great to see them again doing what they do best.

14 hours ago, Shrieking Shack said:

I wish Billie would stop with the grandstanding and just focus on producing good rock music.

Looks like Armstrong is back on the booze again........oh well it, was only a matter of time. There is no such thing as a "casual drink" where an alcoholic is concerned. I really hope this doesn't derail their tour, as it's great to see them again doing what they do best.

Thats cruel. Pretty sure Billie has never confirmed that he suffers from alcoholism. And if he did, its not something we would know enough about to talk about like that anyway.

He looks good and seems to be doing great. Enjoy.

• Like 2

We don't know how he's doing, but that's not the point at all. Personally, I can see that it's worrying that he's doing something that has been a problem in the past, but it's not fair to jump to conclusions or to be a dick about it (not accusing anyone of being one, but in general. If - and the if is important - it is a problem, it's not a reason for disdain.) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Signe said:

Thats cruel. Pretty sure Billie has never confirmed that he suffers from alcoholism. And if he did, its not something we would know enough about to talk about like that anyway.

He looks good and seems to be doing great. Enjoy.

Taken from the 2013 Rolling Stone interview:

Armstrong, 41, described the years of self-medication and black-out drinking that led to his meltdown at last September's iHeartRadio festival. "I've been trying to get sober since 1997," he recalled, "but I didn't want to be in any programmes."

"Sometimes I'm not sure I'm ready," said Armstrong. "There is still the obsession for alcohol. There's also sleepless nights."

And there's Green Day's own crowds: "At least 70-75% of the people in the audience [will] have been getting a drink on," he said. "I've got to watch my step."

Sounds like a textbook alcoholic to me. As someone who has lost a family member to it, this is telltale alcoholism. Let me tell you, there is no such thing as a casual drink for an alcoholic.

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

We don't know how he's doing, but that's not the point at all. Personally, I can see that it's worrying that he's doing something that has been a problem in the past, but it's not fair to jump to conclusions or to be a dick about it (not accusing anyone of being one, but in general. If - and the if is important - it is a problem, it's not a reason for disdain.) 

I was expressing genuine concern based on the overwhelming evidence before us. If Billie is drinking (judging by that picture he is), that's not good news at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Signe said:

Nope, self medicating and heavy drinking does not mean you have alcoholism. It's not textbook. You can drink heavily for years without being dependent on the alcohol.. And you can quit...and then drink less. 

Its usually not the alcohol that is the thing, but its an easy med. 

I have a long line of heavy drinkers behind me as well. And maybe 1 or 2 of those had alcoholism*. Its different. 

What bothers me is not the concern for Billie as a fan, but this discussion has to see an end. Stop the judging and analysis of someone who none of us really knows anyway. Let the man hold a beer bottle without shitting ourselfs. 

"There is still the obsession for alcohol"

How is this not alcoholism?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Shrieking Shack said:

"There is still the obsession for alcohol"

How is this not alcoholism?

Because the prevailing theories about alcoholism are changing. Absolute abstinence is often not the best way forward for some people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

The Rolling Stone interview is pretty clear that he's an alcoholic.

"His trip to rehab for alco­holism and addiction to prescription med­ications"

"I was a functioning alcoholic"

"Is there a history of alcoholism in your family?"

"And you’re doing it through alcoholism"

So yeah, since that's a fact he willingly shared and isn't actually up to us to debate, it's understandable that fans worry sometimes. I also think it's understandable some people feel uncomfortable with the "alcoholics can still drink" rhetoric that always comes up in these discussions because sure, it works for a minority, but it can also make others think drinking is safe when it's not.

The problem is that we don't know how Billie personally is doing. We don't know if he's doing great. We don't know if he's doing terribly. We don't know what kind of conclusions he and his doctors came to and if he's in that minority who can still drink or not. We don't know if he decided he wasn't an alcoholic after all. Even if we think we can see something, it's still not really our place to go any further than "I'm worried" - and there isn't actually any point because we can't truly know.

We don't need to talk down to people who are worried, we just need to remind them it's not our business to discuss it.

In my mind the question is not whether he’s an alcoholic. It’s whether the way he is dealing with it is working for him. And only he and the people close to him know the answer to that. 

Knowing Joey, if he senses his dad is going off the rails he won’t take no for an answer until he goes back to rehab. He has lots of people right now who are more aware of his issues and will make sure he gets help if he needs it. And Billie loves those people with all his heart and is not going to risk those relationships. I have faith in them and I think we should let them do the worrying.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 3:14 AM, Shrieking Shack said:

There is no such thing as a "casual drink" where an alcoholic is concerned. 

As a recovering alcoholic with 31 years sobriety I completely agree with this. I know there are people on here who will quote Alcohol Use Disorder but my belief is that people diagnosed as such are not alcoholics. I think there are approximately 20% of people who don't respond to treatment for AUD and in my mind these are the alcoholics. I can't find the article now but I searched for AUD after the last time it came up on here!

Anyway, as others have said, it's Billie's life and it's not for us to question.

3 hours ago, DadBod said:

That's terrifying :lol:

Billie commented:

V7zv7HW.jpg

Just in case anyone didn't know John Stamos was in "Full House".

Also from Billie's IG story:

CVleMzL.pngmBElAUH.pngBbfY6Da.png

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Just in case anyone didn't know John Stamos was in "Full House".

CVleMzL.pngmBElAUH.pngBbfY6Da.png

It's erie how good that Stamos one is...

27 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Axl Dirnt: YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE Insert name of location here!? YOU AT THE LIBRARY, RICH MOTHERFUCKERS!!! YOU’RE GONNA DIIIIE OF BOREDOM!