Green Day Instagram Photos

BeachBum

The fact that he plays small clubs at all is quite impressive on its own. I don't think it's common to do that among big name artists.

• Like 3

Edited by RedundantIdiot
Removed picture from fan account

That account (the_green_day_fans) irritates me because they never credit their posts. I believe the original is posted in the "fan photos" thread.

8 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Another one:

Just so you know (and so everyone knows looking at this last page) this thread is only for photos posted by "official" Instagram accounts (band members and their immediate family/crew/fellow celebrities, or media accounts). Photos posted by fan accounts go here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is that a new video of them playing Adam Ant on the Longshot account or the old one?

9 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Is that a new video of them playing Adam Ant on the Longshot account or the old one?

Old.

David is in Mexico according to his instagram posts the last few days (his bday was thursday or friday).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DadBod said:

Old.

David is in Mexico according to his instagram posts the last few days (his bday was thursday or friday).

Cool. I am still hoping the Longshot will have a new bass player. It would be great if Mike Dirnt wanted to have some fun and play shows with the Longshot. 

• Like 1

Poor Jeff :lol:

About the small shows, I think it's even greater as he doesn't care if it isn't a rockstar thing to do. Well, in the future maybe it will, if he inspires others to do the same thing, arranging a side project to have a different kind of experience at shows than the big arenas. When I showed pics of the Longshot gigs last year to people, a few said: why is he playing in a tiny place like that, if he's a rock star? They were surprised when I said it was a choice

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Poor Jeff :lol:

About the small shows, I think it's even greater as he doesn't care if it isn't a rockstar thing to do. Well, in the future maybe it will, if he inspires others to do the same thing, arranging a side project to have a different kind of experience at shows than the big arenas. When I showed pics of the Longshot gigs last year to people, a few said: why is he playing in a tiny place like that, if he's a rock star? They were surprised when I said it was a choice

It’s probably because they remind him of some of his happiest memories. The way he talks about the tours they did before Dookie hit (he specifically recalled 1992 being the happiest time) he really seems to want to recapture that feeling of playing to your friends and a small group of fans in a small space where anything goes. I think he balances that scripted predictability of the arena tours we were talking about with these experiences to keep it fun. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I am still hoping the Longshot will have a new bass player.

Considering Jeff has already tweeted about the upcoming  shows, he’s still in the bands (‘shot & gd)

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Considering Jeff has already tweeted about the upcoming  shows, he’s still in the bands (‘shot & gd)

cw9Dhs2.jpg 

Meh, Jeff is easy to ignore considering he pretty much avoids us anyway. Saw him twice outside a Longshot show and both times he saw the fans and turned and walked off without a wave. He came off as a jerk. I can ignore him too. 

• Like 1

He ignores fans until he wants to use them as a weapon or wants to make fun of them. Ugh. I would never want anyone like that in my band especially if I were in a band that most fans see as role models. Super disappointed but not surprised I guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's not a surprise at all but yeah, I wouldn't miss him.

Seriously. He's got a shit personality and contributes nothing to the band that someone else couldn't do for them. He just stands there jumping for a bit at GD shows and for me he ruins some Longshot songs with his backup vocals. I just want to go on a rant about all the things wrong with him but I don't know if that's allowed and even if it is I have no energy to discuss with people who might try to defend him. So I guess I'll just have to keep most of it to myself and find solace in that I'm far from the only one feeling this way. Also that since he doesn't really contribute he is, like @pacejunkie punk said, at least easy to ignore. 

3 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Seriously. He's got a shit personality and contributes nothing to the band that someone else couldn't do for them. He just stands there jumping for a bit at GD shows and for me he ruins some Longshot songs with his backup vocals. I just want to go on a rant about all the things wrong with him but I don't know if that's allowed and even if it is I have no energy to discuss with people who might try to defend him. So I guess I'll just have to keep most of it to myself and find solace in that I'm far from the only one feeling this way. Also that since he doesn't really contribute he is, like @pacejunkie punk said, at least easy to ignore. 

Yeah, there's a lot about him that shows he's an asshole. It's best just to ignore him, because what else can we do. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, there's a lot about him that shows he's an asshole. It's best just to ignore him, because what else can we do. 

Yeah. Seems like the people or person it would matter to the most ignore it too. That’s the most disappointing part. The band having him around gives me the message that they condone that sort of behavior and that’s super disappointing. But people that don’t get how bad that is just don’t get it and it’s almost not worth the energy. I’d rather have the “bad album” everyone is talking about rather than the disappointment of having that guy in the bands. Green Day records are awesome! Even the “bad” ones. Haha. This is a thread about Instagram. I guess my point is: Instagram posts seem to lead us to believe Jeff Matika is still in the Longshot and Green Day which is very disappointing. He could have been classy and quietly quit after using Green Day fans and making fun of them and being a bad representative of the band. But I guess sticking around even after that proves he doesn’t give a shit about the fans and has no problem to use them and make jokes of them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Yeah. Seems like the people or person it would matter to the most ignore it too. That’s the most disappointing part. The band having him around gives me the message that they condone that sort of behavior and that’s super disappointing. But people that don’t get how bad that is just don’t get it and it’s almost not worth the energy. I’d rather have the “bad album” everyone is talking about rather than the disappointment of having that guy in the bands. Green Day records are awesome! Even the “bad” ones. Haha. This is a thread about Instagram. I guess my point is: Instagram post seem to lead us to believe Jeff Matika is still in the Longshot and Green Day which is very disappointing. He could have been classy and quietly quit after using Green Day fans and making fun of them and being a bad representative of the band. But I guess sticking around even after that proves he doesn’t give a shit about the fans and has no problem to use them and make jokes of them.

Yeah, haha it's a no brainer. If the choice was between subpar music and never having to see Jeff again, I'd be a lot more content with the undercooked tunes. :P

This isn't even about separating art from the artist. He's just a guy they hired who's being a dick about his popularity. He doesn't make much of a difference, but in a way that doesn't make him any better because he's literally the guy who's not remarkable for anything else but being a dick lol

As to the rest of the band not caring, it's sad but I'm not surprised. I don't think they don't care about this at all.

• Like 1