Revolution Radio Is Getting A Music Video

Is it possible that they want to add to the video some live snippets from European shows? Probably not, but hope dies last :P

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

Is it possible that they want to add to the video some live snippets from European shows? Probably not, but hope dies last :P

It'd be great, but I don't think so. Who knows, maybe 2017, after 2005 and 2011 will be the year of a live album...

15 hours ago, End Of The World said:

It'd be great, but I don't think so. Who knows, maybe 2017, after 2005 and 2011 will be the year of a live album...

Mathematically it would be right (six years in between). Now, their previous live albums (Tune In, Tokyo..., Foot In Mouth and Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking) were released in 2001, 1997 and 1995 respectively. That makes for an interval of 2 - 4 - 4 - 6 -6?

15 hours ago, JellyTime said:

No chance, but they might film stuff for an upcoming live album.

More than looking for the intervals I would check the context, Bullet in a Bible got released in 2005, a year after AI and it was during the AI World Tour; then we got Awesome As Fuck (sorry Andres), during the world tour in 2010/2011 to promote 21stCB.

So it would make sense for them to record something during the world tour to promote Revolution Radio, sometime inbetween 2017-2018, but it would have to be a big show in commercially relevant country, wouldn't know where tho.

Sorry for going off topic haha.

I actually thought they might put out the video this month. They've been pretty quiet lately since the last tour ended with only the Conan performance, I thought they'd release the video. After the first part of the tour makes sense too though. 

21 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

More than looking for the intervals I would check the context, Bullet in a Bible got released in 2005, a year after AI and it was during the AI World Tour; then we got Awesome As Fuck (sorry Andres), during the world tour in 2010/2011 to promote 21stCB.

So it would make sense for them to record something during the world tour to promote Revolution Radio, sometime inbetween 2017-2018, but it would have to be a big show in commercially relevant country, wouldn't know where tho.

Yeah, you're right. They have released the live album always a year to two years after the album release since Tune In, mostly due to the longer intervals between album releases since Warning. It also makes for a nice fan gift to keep us sweet until the next record drops.

• 1 month later...

I totally forgot about this. I wonder if they are done recording it or it's still being planned out. It's been a while and there's been no new information about it. I'm hoping we are getting it soon.

10 hours ago, Jake69 said:

I totally forgot about this. I wonder if they are done recording it or it's still being planned out. It's been a while and there's been no new information about it. I'm hoping we are getting it soon.

I've been wondering the same thing lately. Before the European tour started, didn't Billie mention somewhere that they had finished recording a video? So I'm really hoping we'll get it before the US tour kicks off.

It occurred to me that when Billie said recording a video for Revolution Radio, he might not be referring to the song RR but a song from the album Revolution Radio. Anybody else think that's possible and we've possibly misinterpreted it?

He wrote "i'm preparing the video for revolution radio" so it's probably the song, as much as I would love it to be, say, Too Dumb To Die(!)

Are all of the shows for this US tour leg sold out? Especiall if they aren't it would surely make sense for it to come out sometime soon. If the video isn't already shot right now is when they're home and free to do it anyway

It'd be great for them to release the video soon to build hype for the US tour that is beginning in under 2 weeks.

Well GD did just release a promo CD for SB in the UK. So they might want to wait to see if that makes an impact in the UK charts before releasing another video/single. If they release RevRad now, it might kill SB's chances of charting any more than it has already.

4 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

It occurred to me that when Billie said recording a video for Revolution Radio, he might not be referring to the song RR but a song from the album Revolution Radio. Anybody else think that's possible and we've possibly misinterpreted it?

Yeah, it could have been Troubled Times. The lyric video appeared not long after his announcement. 

On 09/01/2017 at 0:37 AM, Stefano Bras said:

Hyde Park fits the bill…

pls

On February 17, 2017 at 10:15 AM, MysticManiac said:

Well GD did just release a promo CD for SB in the UK. So they might want to wait to see if that makes an impact in the UK charts before releasing another video/single. If they release RevRad now, it might kill SB's chances of charting any more than it has already.

I think this is exactly it. A video for Rev Radio (the song) would kill the momentum for SB. Also when you look at his wording he is referring to the song I think, not the album in general. I'd bet the video will be out right before the next tour date and they're putting the finishing touches on it right now. Speaking of which (and off topic a little), does anyone think they will make any appearances before the first US date or shortly after? Late night show, morning show, etc?

8 hours ago, JoeFrusciante said:

Hyde Park fits the bill…

pls

Yes, but, as I mentioned in a different thread, the difference here is that with BIAB and AAF, they had concerts on two consecutive days. However, they'll only play once at Hyde Park, so ordering cameras, microphones, a team of directors, audio engineers, producers etc. might be an expensive mistake if their performance isn't good, because they'd have to get it right first time.

1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

However, they'll only play once at Hyde Park, so ordering cameras, microphones, a team of directors, audio engineers, producers etc. might be an expensive mistake if their performance isn't good, because they'd have to get it right first time.

Hey, remember Mike, Green Day is like sex, when they're good, they're really good, and when they're bad, they're still pretty damn good :P So I don't think the fact that they are only playing one show is too much of a risk :)

Hope this comes out as a late single to be honest. Why wouldn't it be a good choice? It's short, punchy and to the point. What you want in a single.

Say Goodbye is too repetitive and Troubled Times comes off as incredibly preachy without context.

2 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

Hey, remember Mike, Green Day is like sex, when they're good, they're really good, and when they're bad, they're still pretty damn good :P So I don't think the fact that they are only playing one show is too much of a risk :)

Haha, I agree, I just wonder if their record label thinks the same... :happy: Maybe I should have added: ,, (...) good enough for their record label''. 

Maybe he'll film the show from the rose bowl in Pasadena since it's the last one they have announced. I wonder if we will get another leg of the tour after that show or if they will go off eh radar for a while leading to the next cycle of speculation/excitement for a new album 😝

6 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

Yes, but, as I mentioned in a different thread, the difference here is that with BIAB and AAF, they had concerts on two consecutive days. However, they'll only play once at Hyde Park, so ordering cameras, microphones, a team of directors, audio engineers, producers etc. might be an expensive mistake if their performance isn't good, because they'd have to get it right first time.

Don't think that's in for consideration really, GD are such a consistent live act - the only thing stopping it is apparently the gig is televised on the BBC, but it's not like a big thing it'll probably just be available online - so idk

8 hours ago, MilleniumFan said:

They don't need two nights to make a dvd, tons of bands do it in one night, one shot.

3 hours ago, Stefano Bras said:

They don't need two nights to make a dvd, tons of bands do it in one night, one shot.

If they wear the same clothes, they could assemble any record of the tour (on stage) 

Would they use footage from Hyde Park and the Bellahouston a couple of nights later?  Both would be outdoors and it's not that far to move all the kit.  Would people notice/ comment that this would be another live recording from the UK, are there suitable dates/ venues in Australia or US?

They could do Belfast and Dublin if they need more than one night :cool: though I doubt the crowd will be as big as other places like Hyde Park.

Archived