Billie Joe Armstrong to Perform Tonight at Ghost Ship Benefit

Todd

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to hear some audio of the Pinhead songs; I also hope this could mean some surprise shows over the next few years!

Apparently Mike and Billie played "Armatage Shanks", "Stuck With Me", "Scattered", "Waiting" & "Murder City". Not sure about Pinhead Gunpowder yet.

I love the support they show their community, considering, as they have stated in the past, that they had similar /parallel origins.

What a treat for those that attended while showing much needed support.

The last instagram video posted :wub: They're smiling so much. It must have been a crazy experience to be there, I hope we get to hear the PHGP songs. 

It's great to see that everybody is coming together and doing everything they can to help the victims and their families. Looked like a pretty nice show as well

4 hours ago, Todd said:

I see that now! Someone was exaggerating a little :P 

Yes, my bad! Sorry, wanted to update y'all ASAP because I know how lame it is when people say they'll be at a show and then you never get an update. It looks like in this case you have now all gotten a pretty good picture of how it went down. Started with Ricky Lake, then Jakob Danger, then SWMRS. After four or five songs, SWMRS brought Billie and Mike out and they played the setlist that's been posted (“Armatage Shanks” “Stuck With Me” “Scattered” “Waiting” “Murder City”). Then Mike left the stage and Bill Schneider came out for three PHGP songs. For all of these songs (GD & PHGP), Joey Armstrong was on drums and other members of SWMRS were backing the group. Jakob Danger was brought back by his dad to play guitar on "Murder City". Bill left after the PHGP songs and then Billie joined SWMRS for a cover of "I'm Not Proud of the USA" by The Mice. 

1-2-3-4 Go! Records has a capacity of 49 people. It was a little over that limit but this was as intimate as it gets. The whole crowd was a mosh pit for every note of Green Day's set and subsequent songs. Someone even had a pretty decent crowd surf! Billie and Mike talked about the Raiders clinching, and Billie said last time the Raiders were in the Super Bowl, Joey was a baby. Everyone was in good spirits. It was, simply put, fucking awesome. 

Awesome to wake up to photos and videos of a secret Green Day (ish) show!  Even better that it was for such a good cause that's genuinely so close to the band, rather than just a publicity stunt.

Wow, that looks awesome! What a great chance to be in one room with Billie and Mike and just 50 other people. And Murder City? They could add this to their setlist for January :wub:

I love that they did this, they have such big hearts and are such down to earth guys :wub: great cause, GREAT surprise for fans! Such mad respect to them waking up to this news ❤

I just heard it was PHGP (:woot:) on facebook, and I see it wasn't really, but this Billie/Mike/Bill/Green Day/Pinhead/SWMRS mixture sounds cool anyway :lol:. How great to see a totally unique show and for a good cause too.

1 hour ago, MMwhatsername said:

Wow, that looks awesome! What a great chance to be in one room with Billie and Mike and just 50 other people. And Murder City? They could add this to their setlist for January :wub:

They always seem to play rare songs or least played songs at shows like these 

They played Pinhead Gunpowder songs?! :D Great stuff! At least Bill remembers how to play :P Time for some real PHGP shows next guys! Hint hint ;)

Yeah they better keep rolling with Armatage Shanks, Scattered and hopefully Stuck With Me on the tour!

Holy crap this would have been amazing to go to... I still remember seeing SWMRS back when they were still Emily's Army like 3 years ago now at that venue.

Archived