Billie Joe Armstrong to Perform Tonight at Ghost Ship Benefit

Todd

I can only imagine what an amazing experience this must have been for everyone there, all for a good cause too. And they played Murder City! 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I arrived at 6pm, expecting no one to know about this since I didn't see any posts on fan forums, just through the record store and insiders postings. I was totally wrong and there was a line down the block. I was sure I was not going to get in, and with only 5 people in front of me before the venue room , they hit capacity. I was so close! Not sure how all those people fit inside.

BUT, then a friend of mine shows up, who was Dog Party's bus driver on the latest club tour. He had some wrist bands and said "come with me". So I pay my donation, and get a pink band slapped on me, and I am in. 

Total luck.

Anyway, now I can say I got in to a semi-secret show. Pretty amazing to see the Insomniac stuff. They played it so tightly. Amatage Shanks sounds finely tuned. They were in good spirits. The set list suggests otherwise, but I feel like they played 3 Insomniac songs off the bat, but I guess they did not.

There was for sure more room to spare in the room.  But for a show that is a benefit for people who passed away in part due to fire code regulations(even though the room clearly had more than "43 people" in it), it was fair to not pack to gills.

This was very cool. I'm very lucky. I was expecting the entire band to play, and more songs, but I would not trade this.

12 hours ago, ruskinator said:

“The last time the Raiders were in the Super Bowl, he was just a baby,” Armstrong said while pointing to his son behind the drums. “Now look at him. He’s a curly-haired fuck.”

:lol::lol:

I needed a good laugh on a day like this, now I got it.

13 hours ago, ruskinator said:

Great article but I did cringe a little when it mentioned that Pinhead Gunpowder also includes Jason White but mentioned nothing of the guy who actually formed the band and writes pretty much every single song. 

The Armstrong's are such a talented family, Joey and Jakob sound really good in those videos 

Someone recorded the full  green day,swmrs and pinhead gunpowder show at 1-2-3-4 Go!

I didn't really know where to post this-excuse me if here is not the proper place(propably is not)..

26 minutes ago, navouxodonosoras said:

Someone recorded the full  green day,swmrs and pinhead gunpowder show at 1-2-3-4 Go!

I didn't really know where to post this-excuse me if here is not the proper place(propably is not)..

I've moved it over to the Ghost Ship Benefit Show thread for you.

I just watched the whole show, actually being there would be the coolest thing ever... so damn great from start to finish. 

Archived