Random Green Day News

Hermione

22 hours ago, Montclare said:

CONGRATS GREEN DAY! They finally made it to the NRR with Dookie. This album goes down as a classic punk rock album (or pop-punk) that has shaped the band's popularity 30 years ago. 

• Like 2

stage times for rock am ring festival are online

green day (ai+dookie) play 2 hours and 20 min

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

stage times for rock am ring festival are online

green day (ai+dookie) play 2 hours and 20 min

Is this confirmed? I saw the stage times and realized that 2h20 is way too long for a greatest hits set, but I didn’t see any confirmation that they’re playing both albums in full.

1 minute ago, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

Is this confirmed? I saw the stage times and realized that 2h20 is way too long for a greatest hits set, but I didn’t see any confirmation that they’re playing both albums in full.

yes

full albums show

unless gd change their plans again 😅

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

yes

full albums show

unless gd change their plans again 😅

Maybe I missed the confirmation. Last time I checked, their Instagram post said something like Festival: non-album show 😅

With that time limit they can also fit other songs too

Wish they would promote Dilemma btw 

Billie posted a story with Sean Dyche (Evertons manager) praising them and someone photoshopped BJ in an Everton kit 😆 

• Haha 2

via Green Day on YouTube Community:

Wanna win a trip + to see us FRONT ROW at our first stop of the Saviors Tour in DC?! Of course ya do!  

Donate to our friends at @HeadCountorg, who are coming along with us on tour registering people to vote, to win the trip and MUCH more 🎸. Find out more details and go go go enter http://fandiem.com/greenday

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

From Green Day on YouTube Community:

Wanna win a trip + to see us FRONT ROW at our first stop of the Saviors Tour in DC?! Of course ya do!  

Donate to our friends at @HeadCountorg, who are coming along with us on tour registering people to vote, to win the trip and MUCH more 🎸. Find out more details and go go go enter http://fandiem.com/greenday

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6O3ub1LVJ2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I just saw that you can also win a signed guitar as well! 🎸. I guess that's what they mean by the guitar emoji, lol 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jengd said:

WHAT! Uk residents can take part, what a prize!

I thought that too! 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Alf said:

cool action, but I just don't think resellers are the only problem. The band should also care for the high priced tickets their concerts have from the start

With the costs of touring today, they may not be able to lower it by much. And Green Day brings along three other bands to give the audience more value for their money and they all have to be paid.

I would love to see the actual expense sheet of a single stadium show to see where all the revenue goes but I know literally hundreds of people and companies get paid out of that ticket money.

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

With the costs of touring today, they may not be able to lower it by much. And Green Day brings along three other bands to give the audience more value for their money and they all have to be paid.

I would love to see the actual expense sheet of a single stadium show to see where all the revenue goes but I know literally hundreds of people and companies get paid out of that ticket money.

Yeah, i know there are a lot of costs involved, a lot o people that must be payed from the revenue, but it's getting harded to pay concert tickets sometimes. From a brazilian perspective, we got shows here that costs literally over a minimum wage to get acess to premium tickets and to get a 'front row'. I can't accept this as a normal thing

33 minutes ago, Alf said:

Yeah, i know there are a lot of costs involved, a lot o people that must be payed from the revenue, but it's getting harded to pay concert tickets sometimes. From a brazilian perspective, we got shows here that costs literally over a minimum wage to get acess to premium tickets and to get a 'front row'. I can't accept this as a normal thing

Premium tickets and front row have always been a thing only the wealthier could afford, even when tickets were cheaper. I remember as a kid we would buy seats in the rafters or back of an arena to get them cheaply, we couldn’t ever afford seats down front.

I agree that Ticketmaster “fees” and bots are bullshit but most small to medium bands are either losing money or breaking even with the cost of touring today, it affects everyone. For a while it was the revenue stream that replaced album sales but now it doesn’t even do that. It’s an industry wide problem. Everyone down the line has raised their costs from the fuel to the venue to the hotels and food. Only the biggest acts can still make money but the costs of stadium tours is astronomical. Luckily Green Day has the money to even do it.

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Premium tickets and front row have always been a thing only the wealthier could afford, even when tickets were cheaper. I remember as a kid we would buy seats in the rafters or back of an arena to get them cheaply, we couldn’t ever afford seats down front.

I never get seat tickets in my whole life and I am not rich, I don't think its a fair assumption to think every persong who go buy pit/premium tickets are rich, you know crazy fans do what they need to do to see the bands they love.

Prices got really crazy in the last few years

• Like 2