Random Green Day News

Hermione

41 minutes ago, Mar said:

Jeopardy! clue again tonight, about how Serena requests Disappearing Boy 

Cool! Does anyone know if there’s a YouTube clip of this?

Well thank the lord for that, this has been the first year in a long, long time I haven’t had a GD calendar and it has not made me happy!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Well thank the lord for that, this has been the first year in a long, long time I haven’t had a GD calendar and it has not made me happy!

Now listen here Green Day, you got to start making Jen happy again. I’m serious this is some bullshit 😠 (and the rest of us too while you’re at it thnx)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Pssshhh... No Kevin?  I'll continue making my own GD calendar, thank you very much.

Honestly, I believe you are just making a Kevin calendar. 🤣

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Pssshhh... No Kevin?  I'll continue making my own GD calendar, thank you very much.

Will this be digital or printed?  I seem to think some angel on the forum made a digital one a year or so back which we could use as wallpaper…… that would be nice if there were some Billie/Kevin content 😇😇😁😁

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Honestly, I believe you are just making a Kevin calendar. 🤣

You say that like it's a bad thing 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Will this be digital or printed?  I seem to think some angel on the forum made a digital one a year or so back which we could use as wallpaper…… that would be nice if there were some Billie/Kevin content 😇😇😁😁

Printed, sorry!  I'm old school.

And I've got both my boys in there. 

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Montclare said:

Printed, sorry!  I'm old school.

And I've got both my boys in there. 

We need some pics when this is done.

Hey, maybe I can figure out how to make a Billie's butt calendar. 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

A Look Back at 50 of the Best Concerts in Cleveland From the Past 50 Years

Green Day
House of Blues
April 16, 2015

When the Sex Pistols were belatedly inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, singer Johnny Rotten wanted nothing to do with the hoopla. Not Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong. Prior to its induction, Green Day, which single-handedly reintroduced punk rock to the masses thanks to some monster hits it had in the ’90s and ’00s, played a sold out show at House of Blues that served as a celebration for both the band and its fans.

In the band’s first live performance in a year, Armstrong appeared genuinely humbled by the experience, and the band sounded sharper than ever as it really fed off the energy of the packed-to-the-gills club (some fans even camped out overnight to ensure a good spot on the stage floor in front of the stage). Regularly hopping on top of the speaker monitor to beckon the audience to sing-a-long, the bushy-haired Armstrong reveled in the capacity crowd’s adoration. The concert began with a stripped-down performance by the band’s original lineup, which featured Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt and original drummer John Kiffmeyer. The set gave the band an opportunity to share memories and play a few early tunes. That set’s opening tune “Don’t Leave Me,” suggested the elements that would make Green Day famous — snarling vocals and infectious guitar riffs. Playing many of the songs for the first time in years, the guys clearly enjoyed revisiting their back catalog.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mar said:

(some fans even camped out overnight to ensure a good spot on the stage floor in front of the stage). 

Who would do something like that? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also looks like the special guests have been announced for Prima Donna's Xmas show

c3f0eb78f74e6a4379480bc14928e1c7598b82e4

• Like 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Also looks like the special guests have been announced for Prima Donna's Xmas show

c3f0eb78f74e6a4379480bc14928e1c7598b82e4

Yeah I just saw that. Never heard of those two bands but still looking forward to it. If anyone else on here is going to the show let me know :) Otherwise I'll say hi to Kevin for you guys :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Cali_gd89 said:

Yeah I just saw that. Never heard of those two bands but still looking forward to it. If anyone else on here is going to the show let me know :) Otherwise I'll say hi to Kevin for you guys :lol:

The Dead Sound is Bill Schneider’s band

• Like 1