Random Green Day News

Hermione

32 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

FOAM in the trailer.

This game really look like shit loll

44 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I'm not sure if this was already shared, but Illinois Entertainer, who previously featured Green Day, shared a new interview they did with Butch Walker. It's from June but I recently found it while browsing their site.

https://illinoisentertainer.com/2020/06/hello-my-name-is-butch-walker/

Here’s the Green Day related part:

IE: You made Green Day sound Gary-Glitter huge on Father of All Motherfuckers.

BW:  Ha! Love Gary Glitter or hate him — and he’s very hateable at this point — there was some good music there. And cool production. And a lot of that ‘70s glam era is in my wheelhouse, from just growing up and loving it and making a lot of tributes, production-wise, just on my own records. That was also a lot of Billie Joe Armstrong’s influences. And like I’ve told people before, half of making a record is just talking with the artist before you even start the record. So Billie and I would spend a lot of time just shooting the shit — over texting and over phone calls — and we had all the same records, we had the same exact influences. He’s very much a musicologist and knows every guitar player on every record, and I love that. So not only was it like, “Did we just become best friends?” It was also “Okay, let me get a vibe on this demo you just sent me, and I’ll send you back a work in progress, a template of how I think it would sound cool.” That’s how we started the record, and he loved it. And there were a lot of those great influences there, like E.L.O., the early Bowie stuff, the T. rex stuff. It was a lot of fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

omg and my girlfriend and I are looking for a house. Too bad I don't have @Sheenius money.

https://www.compass.com/listing/oakland-ca-94618/537639792610468553/

WELCOME TO PARADISE! Located at Julia Morgan's historic 1911 Red Gate Mansion site, this extraordinary home has impressive provenance. After the 1991 fire burned many architecturally significant homes, Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong enlisted architect Mark Becker to design this privately gated, 6,911sf French Normandy home. The stately front steps are an homage to its enchanting past w/ over $1m in restorative masonry using the original Red Gate bricks. The home has a comfortable ease, yet exudes richness at every turn: dramatic light filters in & casts shadows on the curvature, a rough-hewn wood beam ceiling draws you into the volume of the foyer, and intentionally imperfect walls mix seamlessly w/ antique lighting from the French flea market at St-Ouen. GG Bridge & SF skyline views abound, including at the pool & cabana. And as any rockstar needs, a recording studio & original flyers from the band's early days at iconic 924 Gilman create an edge among the historical elegance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BillieJoe’sEyelids said:

I thought this was his current Piedmont house, it's not.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m glad the most recent owners didn’t remove the Gilman flyer wallpaper in the bathroom. That’s the coolest thing.

And the studio's are still there.

33 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It's not the best time to sell a house now. I guess Hella Mega is a blow to Billie's budget :lol:

He doesn’t own it anymore he sold it when he moved to the Piedmont house around 2010

• Like 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

He doesn’t own it anymore he sold it when he moved to the Piedmont house around 2010

Oh... guess it wasn’t HM then. What a nice house though.

It always makes me feel really weird when I see things like their houses. Yeah, I know they're loaded, but I never really think about them living in such extravagance. They're all usually so down to earth and when we actually get to see their wealth manifested in something like a house I just get an uncomfortable feeling. 😬  Idk maybe it's just me.

• Like 2

Not sure if this is same link @Little Boy Named Booze shared but it seems to have more pics etc.  It’s a huge, beautiful house but it still seems to me a nice family home, could be far more extravagant than it is.

oops, link dropped of but @That Dude has it below.

Edited by jengd
Addition
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Not sure if this is same link @Little Boy Named Booze shared but it seems to have more pics etc.  It’s a huge, beautiful house but it still seems to me a nice family home, could be far more extravagant than it is.

Same. I didn’t feel so impressed tbh especially after I saw other musicians’ houses which have like 2 tennis courts and 20 rooms or something lol

Btw, I’m not sure if it was true but I read somewhere he had a toilet seat that is covered with names of all the bands that he hates. It was in one of his old mansions, I guess.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beyza said:

Btw, I’m not sure if it was true but I read somewhere he had a toilet seat that is covered with names of all the bands that he hates. It was in one of his old mansions, I guess.

Now that’s something... speaking of that, even though the flier bathroom looks cool, I’m not sure if I wanted posters of myself in my bathroom. What do you think, @Green Day In Seattle?

16 minutes ago, iTokerBoySwag said:

Is this real?

What do you mean?

14 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Now that’s something... speaking of that, even though the flier bathroom looks cool, I’m not sure if I wanted posters of myself in my bathroom. What do you think, @Green Day In Seattle?

:dry:Bathroom? No thanks! I actually just bought poster strips today so now I have no excuse to put those stupid things up in my room. Luckily they will be on a sliding closet door so I can make them go away whenever I don't feel like being stared at. Baby steps! :lol:

• Like 2

if im not mistaken I think that's the house that's in that documentary of the GD and Blink tour Riding In The Car With The Boys or whatever it was called

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

if im not mistaken I think that's the house that's in that documentary of the GD and Blink tour Riding In The Car With The Boys or whatever it was called

It’s the one in the MTV Dairies for the Pop Disaster Tour. 

• Like 2