Random Green Day News

Hermione

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tommyshane/9-inspirational-women-who-are-cooler-than-their-ce-wg29

Adrienne Nesser (and Billie Joe Armstrong)

Beginning her fashion career at 17, Adrienne Nesser has become a successful designer as well as a record producer. She is a committed member of the Natural Resources Defence Council, and owns Adeline Records and Atomic Garden, an eco-friendly clothes store. And she’s also banging the lead singer of Green Day.

you can also vote for Blvd of Broken Dreams Music Video here: http://www.celebuzz.com/2014-08-20/vma-video-of-the-year-showdown-the-final-round/

• Like 1

#TBT Green Day - Leeds Festival 2001

It's Leeds and Reading Festival this weekend, I have many fond memories from the eleven August Bank Holiday Weekends spent in fields in both camps, this was my first. My first festival experience. My first time I was blown away by a band, I can still remember it, probably more clearly than many festival experiences since. It was a great introduction to something that became my summer life for over ten years. Camping for four nights, spending days in muddy fields doesn't appeal to me now, aged twenty seven but as a teen I was in my element. A holiday abroad, sunning it up on a beach, no thanks, I wanted to get lairy with my mates and watch some of my favourite bands, it became a tradition ended by 'old' age.

http://abolishconfusion.blogspot.co.uk/

The most talked-about moments in VMA history

1998: Green Day’s Tré Cool scales the Universal Globe
Green Day drummer Tré Cool lived up to his name when he skipped out in the middle of an interview to climb the Universal Studios Globe, something highly illegal but highly complimented. When Cool returned to the interview, Kurt Loder asked him why he did it. “I haven’t broken anything for, like, six hours,” Cool responded with a laugh.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/08/21/mtv-video-music-awards-watercooler-moments/

• Like 1

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tommyshane/9-inspirational-women-who-are-cooler-than-their-ce-wg29

Adrienne Nesser (and Billie Joe Armstrong)

Beginning her fashion career at 17, Adrienne Nesser has become a successful designer as well as a record producer. She is a committed member of the Natural Resources Defence Council, and owns Adeline Records and Atomic Garden, an eco-friendly clothes store. And she’s also banging the lead singer of Green Day.

you can also vote for Blvd of Broken Dreams Music Video here: http://www.celebuzz.com/2014-08-20/vma-video-of-the-year-showdown-the-final-round/

Charming way of describing parents of two who've been married for twenty years.

That was the only problem you had with that? The whole thing was a fail..."successful designer" is more than a stretch and since when was she a "record producer"?! It's just some catchy lines thrown together for the kids to be impressed by these "girlfriends" who are hereby declared cool. Pathetically I've even seen comments on facebook of "she's banging the lead singer of Green Day cool!!" so I guess that had it's intended affect.

• Like 1

I didn't say it was the only problem I had with it. Just stood out as the most comically ridiculous part.

Charming way of describing parents of two who've been married for twenty years.

I mean, I'd brag about it if I was banging the lead singer of Green Day. :lol:

It's Buzzfeed. I wouldn't take it too seriously; it's hardly credible. Adie is beautiful and great, but objectively she's hardly better than Billie in terms of overall success.

That was the only problem you had with that? The whole thing was a fail..."successful designer" is more than a stretch and since when was she a "record producer"?! It's just some catchy lines thrown together for the kids to be impressed by these "girlfriends" who are hereby declared cool. Pathetically I've even seen comments on facebook of "she's banging the lead singer of Green Day cool!!" so I guess that had it's intended affect.

She does co owns Adieline Records so there is she is an executive producer of records

• Like 1

I mean, I'd brag about it if I was banging the lead singer of Green Day. :lol:

It's Buzzfeed. I wouldn't take it too seriously; it's hardly credible. Adie is beautiful and great, but objectively she's hardly better than Billie in terms of overall success.

I'm sure she's glad of the fact but it's still a very silly way to describe their relationship status :lol:

And yeah, clearly.

Actually she doesn't anymore

http://www.bigbombopunk.com/en/entrevistas/2013/12/17/adeline-records/

Also that still would not have qualified her as a "record producer".

No where does it say she doesn't own it anymore just that they have joined the management of Green Days manager

There is a huge difference between ownership and management...

Label owners are automatically executive producers...

No where does it say she doesn't own it anymore just that they have joined the management of Green Days manager

There is a huge difference between ownership and management...

Label owners are automatically executive producers...

Record producer

* a person who controls recording sessions, coaching and guiding musicians, organizing and scheduling production budgets and resources, and supervising the recording, mixing and mastering processes

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/record-producer

As far as I know, she is still a co-owner. It's a joint thing between the Armstrong's and everyone else. I think Pat Magnarella's team manages the day to day stuff, but the others still have ownership. That's my assumption anyway.

I thought she said a few years ago she isn't involved with Adeline Records anymore and that she's 'moved on'. But she would probably still be considered co-founder.

I thought she said a few years ago she isn't involved with Adeline Records anymore and that she's 'moved on'. But she would probably still be considered co-founder.

Very possible. I just always assumed that they just had less of a role in it's actual management, but not like they were bought out or something.

Record producer

* a person who controls recording sessions, coaching and guiding musicians, organizing and scheduling production budgets and resources, and supervising the recording, mixing and mastering processes

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/record-producer

I know what a producer is I co own a studio I've worked in music for over 15 years...

But executive producers can be referred as one as well Tommy Mottola is referred to as a record producer in the press he has never once touched a studio knob but as the head of Sony Music

Is she a record producer technically NO is she a record producer cause she co owns a label by default YES

Examples

qzndww.jpg

Jay Z Gee Robinson Kyambo Joshua nor LA Reid produced a single thing on Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy but are listed because they own the labels that Kanye is on Jay owns Roc A Fella Kanye Gee and Kyambo owns HHS78 and LA Reid runs Def Jam they all paid for the album there for are executive producers

Suge Knight doesn't produce at all he is executive producer cause he owns Death Row and pays for everything they are all referred to by media as record producers...

They've handed the running of it over to Pat and his team but Billie Ad and Tommy still OWNS it
  • Like 1

Is she a record producer technically NO /quote]

Aaand this is my whole point really wasn't it...that Buzzfeed piece was utter shit and not just because of the gross way it suggested that "banging" the lead singer of Green Day made his girlfriend (suggested by the article title) cooler than him. It hurts my head that I'm still discussing this really.

Aaand this is my whole point really wasn't it...that Buzzfeed piece was utter shit and not just because of the gross way it suggested that "banging" the lead singer of Green Day made his girlfriend (suggested by the article title) cooler than him. It hurts my head that I'm still discussing this really.

You're taking that article wayyyyy to seriously...

• Like 1

You're taking that article wayyyyy to seriously...

I think it's the opposite, her posts would suggest she thinks it's crap that isn't worth taking seriously (and I agree!)

• Like 1

I think it's the opposite, her posts would suggest she thinks it's crap that isn't worth taking seriously (and I agree!)

Well the article is crap and I agree with that

Thank you!! Exactly!! It's somebody else on here who seems to be taking this too seriously ;)

I thought that article was a bit of an exaggeration but I just assumed I don't keep up with Adrienne enough to know all of it :lol:

But yeah it's sad that 20 years of marriage = "banging the lead singer of Green Day" these days.

• Like 1

I thought that article was a bit of an exaggeration but I just assumed I don't keep up with Adrienne enough to know all of it :lol:

But yeah it's sad that 20 years of marriage = "banging the lead singer of Green Day" these days.

Or is it an honor? Like yeah, married 20 years and she's STILL banging him! :lol:

I think it's more interesting that the photo they used is now almost 10 years old... the media still thinks Billie Joe looks like he did during AI. To a certain extent that's true, but in many ways it's not. When do they start trying to make him look old and seasoned and not eye-linered?

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News