Random Green Day News

Hermione

On 1/8/2023 at 3:31 PM, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

McGruff the Crime Dog, Gorillaz, Chip N’ Dale and Garfield I recognize from having witnessed something about them at some point in my past. 

On 12/4/2022 at 10:32 AM, The Grohl said:

The Hardtimes back at it again with a funny Green Day post (this one actually made me chuckle :lol:)

https://thehardtimes.net/music/green-day-coffee-company-keeps-reusing-same-three-roasts/

"the packaging seemed a little aggressive"     Did it knock you out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Montclare said:

Was just coming here to post this! Been waiting forever for Rob to do an episode on them. It's really well done and worth checking out. Also helps that he's a fellow Ohioan and makes geographical references that I can relate to. 😂 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Montclare said:

This popped up in my stories this morning.  Apparently, if you don't know how to spell Billie, just call him Joe.

Nmlojm9.png

Ugh this sort of thing never happens to Dave Grohl 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/17/2023 at 1:18 PM, Montclare said:

This popped up in my stories this morning.  Apparently, if you don't know how to spell Billie, just call him Joe.

Nmlojm9.png

For 1972, the guys are changing their names to Joe, Ed and Frank.

Joe Legman Funk.

Ed Gough.

Frank Snoomen.

On 2/17/2023 at 6:18 PM, Montclare said:

Nmlojm9.png

Key in Green Day on Google, and on members section Billie Joe plays harmonica only. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is really interesting. It looks like that the original mixing engineer Green Day wanted for American Idiot was Tom Lord Alge (Chris's brother), but since they didn't want to go to Miami to his studio, Tom recommended his brother Chris in LA, who by that point already mixed nimrod and some live stuff and was also Rob Cavallo's right hand.

It's kind of weird. Tom was known at that time for mixing a lot of pop punk / alternative stuff like Blink 182, Sum 41, Goo Goo Dolls etc., so I guess that was the connection the band wanted.

I'm glad that it turned out like it did in the end. CLA also got his first Grammy for American Idiot.

• Like 4

I can't read this in the UK but thought I'd post it as people have been talking about the setlist 

• Like 2