Random Green Day News

Hermione

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The Simpsons were so cruel to Green Day that I'm surprised this scene got cut :lol:

So does that mean I should or should not go watch this movie? 🤣

5 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

So does that mean I should or should not go watch this movie? 🤣

It isn't that great overall, but good enough if you think you would enjoy a two hours long Simpsons episode with some cruelty inflicted on Green Day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

a two hours long Simpsons episode with some cruelty inflicted on Green Day.

This sounds like the description of some type of unconstitutional "enhanced interrogation technique" that the U.S. would use on Guantanamo detainees. I'll pass. 🤣

2 hours ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Mouth wash seems like a very odd promo item LOL.

I do need some mouthwash, so this could be a win win situation.

• Haha 3

I always thought their voices sounded a little off in The Simpsons Movie, enough that I questioned if it was actually them or not. Anybody else notice this? or am I just weird

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iTokerBoySwag said:

I always thought their voices sounded a little off in The Simpsons Movie, enough that I questioned if it was actually them or not. Anybody else notice this? or am I just weird

I kinda agree. I actually found the scene on YouTube and watched it a couple of times LOL. Billie more or less sounds like himself but Mike and Tre really don't, especially Mike. Mike's voice sounds way too high. 

Posting these here again for anyone who hasn't already read them (Rolling Stone have re-tweeted them for Billie's birthday) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Wasn't sure whether to put this in random news or thoughts but don't remember this (Billie and Elvis Costello) 

This is from the Decades of Rock special in 2006 we have it in the download section. I recommend the whole show. There are interviews too it’s excellent.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Kinks song ripped off by Green Day

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-kinks-song-ripped-off-by-green-day/

The 100 greatest pop punk songs of all time

1. Green Day - "Basket Case" (1994)

26. Green Day – “Longview” (1994)

53. Green Day - “Jesus of Suburbia” (2005)

94. Green Day - "Welcome to Paradise" (1994)

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2022/03/the-100-greatest-pop-punk-songs-of-all-time.html

• Like 1

Just had email from Oakland Coffee that ultra rare Green Day vinyl is coming as part of their annual sub.

Dear Jen,

We hope you’re having a kick-ass weekend. We’ve heard from many of you that you wanted the convenience of a pre-paid annual subscription with even more subscriber benefits.

As one of our awesome email list subscribers, we wanted to invite you to the new Oakland Coffee Club Annual Subscription.

Here’s what you’d get with the new Annual Subscription:

Lock in your coffee for the year and save 15% on your pre-paid recurring coffee shipments.

🔥 Get first dibs on a special numbered edition of our next Green Day vinyl*. (Yep. You read that right. There’s an (extra-rare) Green Day vinyl coming, featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers. On top of that, Annual Subscribers get priority access to 500 numbered vinyl). More details coming soon.

🎶 Get early access to our other limited edition vinyl releases this year.

❤ And a special bonus: If you join by March 14, 2022, you can pick a free mug or tumbler from our new Lightning Collection (value of up to $24.99). Our electric new collection hasn’t been released to the rest of the world yet, so grab your gift now (while supplies last).

Sign Me Up

Getting Started is As Easy as 1, 2, 3

1. Head over to our new Annual Subscriber page to build your subscription. 

2. If you order before March 14, 2022, you’ll have the option to select a welcome gift.

3. Complete your order and you’ll have access to all of the Annual Subscriber perks.

GET STARTED

Let us know if you have any questions - we’re always here to help!

xx,
Your friends at Oakland Coffee

*The details of the super cool new Green Day vinyl being released through Oakland Coffee have not been made public yet. We’re super stoked about it, and can’t wait to tell you what it is soon. A little hint though: one song has never been pressed before on any vinyl! See our FAQ for more information.

**Our bonus gifts are available on a first come, first served basis. If you’ve joined the Annual Subscription by midnight PST on March 14, 2022, but we have run out of product, we will ship your bonus gift as soon as we can (This bonus is a thank you for joining early).

No longer want to receive these emails? Unsubscribe.
Oakland Coffee Works 1940 Union St STE 15 Oakland, California 94607

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jengd said:

Just had email from Oakland Coffee that ultra rare Green Day vinyl is coming as part of their annual sub.

Dear Jen,

We hope you’re having a kick-ass weekend. We’ve heard from many of you that you wanted the convenience of a pre-paid annual subscription with even more subscriber benefits.

As one of our awesome email list subscribers, we wanted to invite you to the new Oakland Coffee Club Annual Subscription.

Here’s what you’d get with the new Annual Subscription:

Lock in your coffee for the year and save 15% on your pre-paid recurring coffee shipments.

🔥 Get first dibs on a special numbered edition of our next Green Day vinyl*. (Yep. You read that right. There’s an (extra-rare) Green Day vinyl coming, featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers. On top of that, Annual Subscribers get priority access to 500 numbered vinyl). More details coming soon.

🎶 Get early access to our other limited edition vinyl releases this year.

❤ And a special bonus: If you join by March 14, 2022, you can pick a free mug or tumbler from our new Lightning Collection (value of up to $24.99). Our electric new collection hasn’t been released to the rest of the world yet, so grab your gift now (while supplies last).

Sign Me Up

Getting Started is As Easy as 1, 2, 3

1. Head over to our new Annual Subscriber page to build your subscription. 

2. If you order before March 14, 2022, you’ll have the option to select a welcome gift.

3. Complete your order and you’ll have access to all of the Annual Subscriber perks.

GET STARTED

Let us know if you have any questions - we’re always here to help!

xx,
Your friends at Oakland Coffee

*The details of the super cool new Green Day vinyl being released through Oakland Coffee have not been made public yet. We’re super stoked about it, and can’t wait to tell you what it is soon. A little hint though: one song has never been pressed before on any vinyl! See our FAQ for more information.

**Our bonus gifts are available on a first come, first served basis. If you’ve joined the Annual Subscription by midnight PST on March 14, 2022, but we have run out of product, we will ship your bonus gift as soon as we can (This bonus is a thank you for joining early).

No longer want to receive these emails? Unsubscribe.
Oakland Coffee Works 1940 Union St STE 15 Oakland, California 94607

I just got this too! What do you think it is? Obviously not new music since that would not be rare LOL. Maybe more BBC Sessions (though I feel like that would be released more broadly like the last one and hence also not rare).

3 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

I just got this too! What do you think it is? Obviously not new music since that would not be rare LOL. Maybe more BBC Sessions (though I feel like that would be released more broadly like the last one and hence also not rare).

No idea, could it be Trilogy related, 10 years this year?  

• Like 1