Random Green Day News

Hermione

Billie Joe Armstrong reveals Green Day’s most “misunderstood” album

Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has explained why he thinks one album in particular stands out as the band’s most “misunderstood”.

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/billie-joe-armstrong-reveals-what-he-thinks-is-green-days-most-misunderstood-album/

• Thanks 1

Green Day to be featured in new MTV series in May

Serving up some nostalgia, ViacomCBS' MTV will in May premiere My Life on MTV, a new music series "celebrating some of the world’s greatest stars and their most unforgettable moments."

The 10-episode series, featuring the likes of Lady Gaga, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Snoop Dogg, Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys, One Direction, Backstreet Boys, Linkin Park, Green Day, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Jonas Brothers, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez, Coldplay, U2, 'N Sync and Britney Spears, will premiere in international markets beginning May 21 and in the U.S. on May 22.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/my-life-on-mtv-to-celebrate-unforgettable-moments-of-britney-spears-lady-gaga

15 punk albums that set up 1994 to be a year of major change for the genre

Green Day – Dookie

The album that finally made punk go mega in America eventually sold 20 million albums worldwide and opened the door for pop punk, Warped Tour and pretty much anything Alternative Press has covered since. And we did not even review it then. Not for lack of trying on Your Punk Professor’s part. I’d pitched Billie Joe, Tre, and Mike to the mag since seeing them the year before in Austin, when they were still a Lookout! Records act. As former editor Jason Pettigrew sighed as we planned last year’s AP Green Day special issue: “I know, I know. We were all busy listening to The Downward Spiral back then….”

Green Day finally had the budget to record a widescreen rock record that didn’t sacrifice balls, energy nor punk attitude. Warner Records staff producer Rob Cavallo gave Dookie a production loud and clean enough to deafen you as you ate off of it. Billie Joe Armstrong wrote a batch of songs so universal, every teenager and young person who heard it screamed, “Holy shit! That’s me!” And once MTV began airing the first single’s video, “Longview”? They all heard it.

https://www.altpress.com/features/best-punk-albums-1994/

• Like 2

It's gonna be an AMAZING festival in 2022
giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

This may have been posted before but in case anyone hasn't seen it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

This may have been posted before but in case anyone hasn't seen it

At least RS got numbers one and two the right way round, unlike Kerrang who got them wrong 😉😉

• Haha 2

On 4/29/2021 at 9:59 PM, desertrose said:

Billie Joe Armstrong reveals Green Day’s most “misunderstood” album

Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has explained why he thinks one album in particular stands out as the band’s most “misunderstood”.

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/billie-joe-armstrong-reveals-what-he-thinks-is-green-days-most-misunderstood-album/

Warning is one of their best in my opinion.  2nd best only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades I suppose. 

An artist by the name of Nap Eyes has released an EP with a cover of When I Come Around and the artwork is Kerplunkesque to say the least.    

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I watch Fallon last night and was cracking up at Dave. He's a natural on TV.

1 hour ago, Karol Oliveira said:

How I wish Billie's mom was on From Cradle to Stage!!!

Same! I'm bummed Ollie isn't in it (but I also don't pay for NBC+ or whatever called that this show is streaming on).

• Like 2

Haha, Billie is such a fan boy!  Sammy says Billie “really brought something special” 😉😉

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Well, he does seem to find him huggable/humpable. :)

tumblr_n5w3ty0xSd1rsvwkko2_400.gifv

tumblr_n5w3ty0xSd1rsvwkko1_400.gifv

Omg I need to see the video of this!

3 hours ago, Montclare said:

Well, he does seem to find him huggable/humpable. :)

tumblr_n5w3ty0xSd1rsvwkko2_400.gifv

tumblr_n5w3ty0xSd1rsvwkko1_400.gifv

Don't we all?!?! :P

• Haha 3