Random Green Day News

Hermione

On 4/6/2017 at 5:30 PM, desertrose said:

Sweeet...and what size does he wanted..Small? or Kid Size..

Edited by Hermione
Please remove images from quotes
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MaraGreenDay said:

lol he's tiny :lol:

I think perfect is the word you are looking for :lol:

• Like 2

A look back at Green Day’s 24-year history of playing Las Vegas

It all came and went in a flash of F-bombs, obliterated guitars and Biebs barbs.

Pop star became pincushion during Green Day’s last stop in town — the band’s shortest, most infamous Las Vegas performance — as part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival at the MGM Grand Garden in September 2012.

Incensed that the band’s scheduled 30-minute set was quickly coming to end, front man Billie Joe Armstrong lashed out, eyes wide, fuse short.

“I’ve been around since 19-(naughty word)-88!” he fumed, shortly before slamming his instrument into the stage like hammer to anvil. “And you’re going to give me one minute? I’m not (potty mouth alert!) Justin Bieber, you (Whoa! What do our mothers have to do with this?). This is a joke!”

Maybe so, but few were laughing: Shortly after the show, the band announced that Armstrong was entering rehab.

These days, Armstrong seems rejuvenated, and Green Day’s latest record testifies to as much: “Revolution Radio,” the band’s 12th studio album, is an equally combative and contemplative call to arms, a record that pops off like onomatopoetic first single “Bang Bang.”

It’s a tough one, growing old without getting old, but this bunch has done it.

With Green Day hitting Vegas for the first time in nearly five years this weekend, let’s chronicle the band’s 24-year history of shows in town in the wake of gig No. 10:

Huntridge Theater, Sept. 12, 1993, and Feb. 27, 1994

A poo-flinging monkey heralded what would become the top-selling punk rock record of all time. Green Day’s first Vegas gigs at the venerable Huntridge Theater coincided with the recording and release of the group’s major-label debut, “Dookie,” which dropped Feb. 2, 1994, and would become the biggest album of its ilk ever, with over 20 million copies moved worldwide. The album cover depicted, among other things, a turd-tossin’ primate, an apt totem for how this bunch would approach its status as the new, leering face of punk rock.

Cox Pavilion, July 25, 2001

What, no time for deep-fried Oreos, Mermaids-style, dudes? When Green Day was becoming the biggest punk band in the world, the group skipped Vegas during the touring cycles for both its “Insomniac” and “Nimrod” albums. Which brings us to “Warning,” the band’s sixth record, which would go gold at the time and eventually move over a million copies but represented a big sales drop from its multi-platinum predecessors. The band’s Cox Pavilion gig was in support of said album. “I’m on a sentimental journey, into sight and sound,” Armstrong sang on “Castaway,” and seeing as how punk rock and nostalgia go together like vomit and velour, the band was at a serious crossroads.

MGM Grand Garden, April 23, 2002

How does a veteran band like Green Day get its mojo back? Go on tour with one of its younger disciples and show ’em how it’s done. This is exactly what Green Day did on the testosterone-boosting “Pop Disaster” co-headlining outing with Blink-182. Green Day played first, which was bad news for Blink: Though the latter band was at its peak, and was always a lot of fun live, its loose, wiener-joke-heavy shows paled in comparison to how tight and invigorated Green Day was once it hit the stage. The chip on the band’s shoulder had grown boulder-sized, which Green Day would soon turn into a projectile to be hurled at a certain commander in chief.

The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel, Dec. 7, 2004; Thomas & Mack Center, Oct. 6, 2005; MGM Grand Garden, Dec. 6, 2005

With George W. Bush as pinata, Green Day thwacked itself back to relevancy and then some via 2004’s “American Idiot,” an of-the-times concept album flammable as a river of kerosene. More indebted to The Who than the Ramones, “Idiot” was an album of operatic-scope centered around a series of wayward protagonists struggling to find their way in a world they found to be as corporate and disposable as fast-food wrappings. Propelled by the success of “Idiot,” the band returned to being a top touring draw, hitting the road and staying there, hence this trio of Vegas shows in support of the album.

Mandalay Bay Events Center, Aug. 21, 2009

Like a belt-straining, post-buffet belly, this show was a tad overstuffed (probably could have done without that Tom Petty cover, fellas). But then again, so was the record Green Day was touring at the time, “21st Century Breakdown,” an even more conceptually dense effort than its predecessor. Thematically, the album was akin to a sack of marbles loosed on a patch of ice, all these narratives spinning in multiple directions at once. It was a lot to take in live, even when you had nearly three (!) hours to do so. Green Day has penned some timeless tunes; in places, this show felt like time had just stopped, period.

Thankfully, “Revolution Radio” has gotten the clock ticking once again.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/music/a-look-back-at-green-days-24-year-history-of-playing-las-vegas/

On 9/2/2016 at 2:21 AM, Tinkle said:

JingleTown Recording

1 hr ·

Friends,

With heavy hearts we have to say goodbye… for now. As we’ve recently closed our doors, we wanted to extend our appreciation to the local community — the artists, musicians, engineers, producers and other music makers who have occupied our studios and helped to create the incredibly fun and creative environment that had inhabited our walls. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of your energy, and we can’t begin to express how thankful we are that you chose to spend your time with us. We all feel very fortunate and humbled that we were entrusted to help all of you along on your journeys while stopping through JingleTown.

While we are sad to see the studio close down, we look forward to all the new and exciting opportunities that lay ahead of us. With that said, we will remain involved in this incredible community by continuing to work with those who are interested. Both Lee Bothwick and Chris Dugan will have some availability in their futures and their contact information will be listed below. The JingleTown Recording Facebook and Instagram pages will still be actively promoting the work that they are a part of as well.

So with this, our final official JingleTown Recording transmission, we say thank you! Without your support we could never have achieved any of what we were able to accomplish. We hope you all stay in touch, and if you ever have a question, want advice, or need some assistance, give us a shout. We are committed to our continuing support of this incredible community as well as all of the greater Bay Area studios, and we hope you are too!

We have hella ♥ for Oakland and we always will.

Sincerely,

- Lee Bothwick
lee@jtrecording.com
www.leebothwick.com
www.facebook.com/bayarearecording

- Chris Dugan
chris@jtrecording.com
https://www.facebook.com/chris.dugan.music/

- Mari Tanaka
mari@jtrecording.com

- JingleTown Recording singing off.
www.jtrecording.com

https://www.facebook.com/jingletownrecording/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, desertrose said:

JingleTown Recording

1 hr ·

Friends,

With heavy hearts we have to say goodbye… for now. As we’ve recently closed our doors, we wanted to extend our appreciation to the local community — the artists, musicians, engineers, producers and other music makers who have occupied our studios and helped to create the incredibly fun and creative environment that had inhabited our walls. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of your energy, and we can’t begin to express how thankful we are that you chose to spend your time with us. We all feel very fortunate and humbled that we were entrusted to help all of you along on your journeys while stopping through JingleTown.

While we are sad to see the studio close down, we look forward to all the new and exciting opportunities that lay ahead of us. With that said, we will remain involved in this incredible community by continuing to work with those who are interested. Both Lee Bothwick and Chris Dugan will have some availability in their futures and their contact information will be listed below. The JingleTown Recording Facebook and Instagram pages will still be actively promoting the work that they are a part of as well.

So with this, our final official JingleTown Recording transmission, we say thank you! Without your support we could never have achieved any of what we were able to accomplish. We hope you all stay in touch, and if you ever have a question, want advice, or need some assistance, give us a shout. We are committed to our continuing support of this incredible community as well as all of the greater Bay Area studios, and we hope you are too!

We have hella ♥ for Oakland and we always will.

Sincerely,

- Lee Bothwick
lee@jtrecording.com
www.leebothwick.com
www.facebook.com/bayarearecording

- Chris Dugan
chris@jtrecording.com
https://www.facebook.com/chris.dugan.music/

- Mari Tanaka
mari@jtrecording.com

- JingleTown Recording singing off.
www.jtrecording.com

https://www.facebook.com/jingletownrecording/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

:cry:

• Like 1

I just came here from Instagram freaking out, wondering if anyone else had seen it yet. So bummed out :/  is that why Green Day switched to Otis for RevRad?

“To you and me, that's Jingletown, that home. We're coming home again.” - Homecoming.

Think Billie said in a recent interview something like he's spent so much time in jingletown that it was time to move on, not sure that would mean they had to sell it though.

21 hours ago, Jean said:

That was nice! Some interesting questions + Billie's little jig around 10.15 :lol:

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Think Billie said in a recent interview something like he's spent so much time in jingletown that it was time to move on, not sure that would mean they had to sell it though.

Not sure where I read/heard it (might've been the same interview), but I know he said it was also becoming a money hole regarding maintenance, or something to that effect.

Published on Apr 7, 2017

Green Day - 1992/3-XX-XX Three Song Demo

This is a never before heard demo. Even the band does not seem to know about its existence.

01) JAR
02) Having a Blast
03) Don't Wanna Fall in Love

• Like 3

12 artists who are a positive influence

The punk attitude of Green Day has been inspiring our scene for decades. From Warning to American Idiot, the group have always been known for their rebelliousness and not holding back on talking about social issues. The band’s charity work is actually quite impressive, as the list includes Artists For Peace And Justice, Children With Leukemia, 21st Century Leaders, Habitat For Humanity, Music For Relief, Red Cross, MusiCares, Music In Schools Today and many more.

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/12_artists_that_are_a_positive_influence

• Like 2

Green Day got its name from recreational drug use, and it's awesome that everyone's clearly okay with it

ttps://www.axs.com/green-day-got-its-name-from-recreational-drug-use-and-it-s-awesome-tha-117167?cid=sm-axsTW-04.12.17-greendaybandname

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 7:52 AM, melissi_unicorn said:

Hey guys, I don't know if this is news material, but I've interviewed Cole from SWMRS the other day and we mentioned Green Day a few times. Here is the link to the interview in case you like SWMRS

Cole is so well spoken for his age and seems so intelligent. I'm a nerdy thirty-something mom and if he wasn't so nice I'd 

probably be intimidated by him! 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, letsdanceon said:

Cole is so well spoken for his age and seems so intelligent. I'm a nerdy thirty-something mom and if he wasn't so nice I'd 

probably be intimidated by him! 😂

Oh yes, he is! Also, his audio was super easy to transcribe because he spoke very clearly. I was so in awe, haha.

• Like 1

This is not really news, but I've never seen it before.

It's Tre at Jackass film release backyard party in 2002, which I thought was pretty random and funny.

Small bit on 0:53 and his thoughts on the movie on 20:18

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mato said:

This is not really news, but I've never seen it before.

It's Tre at Jackass film release backyard party in 2002, which I thought was pretty random and funny.

Small bit on 0:53 and his thoughts on the movie on 20:18

Nice, haven't seen that for ages. I'd watched the episode not long before getting into Green Day and that "Treee Coool" thing stuck in my mind, and then when I found out who Tre was I was like oh yeah he was in that Jackass thing :lol: 

In this Ernie Ball: String Theory video, Steve Vai gives Billie Joe's guitar playing some praise:
https://youtu.be/5caGv0ajsl8 - at 7:48

Steve Vai says, "Have you ever see him play? It's visceral. Every note and every chord pops. It sounds like a giant orchestra. That's hard to do, but it was in his head. And he required a particular technique, amount of technique, to follow what he was hearing in his head."

And a buzzfeed article in case you don't feel old yet:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/wake-me-up-im-old?utm_term=.ejl0PjG1z#.qpYRwgD9J

• Like 3

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News