Random Green Day News

Hermione

The concert was not in Italy. ;) However, the town it was held was a little too religious. I opened the drawer of my hotel night table, there was a book of psalms/abridged Bible inside.

And this is what I have done, then...BULLET IN A BIBLE. :P

That's actually a common thing in hotels (well in America)

yep! this situation is becoming ridiculous IMO

http://www.liberatv.ch/articolo/14696/billie-joe-bestemmia-sul-palco-locarno-don-andreatta-sono-sconcertato-e-addolorato

here's the article Ilaria talked about, it's an intervew to the priest about this situation, he said Billie and the band should be informed about the gravity of the thing,and see how they'll react..if they apologize or not...

this whole situation makes me laugh I don't know why. they even started a poll so people could express their opinion about it D: here's the poll http://www.tio.ch/News/Ticino/744899/Nessuna-rockstar-e-autorizzata-a-bestemmiare-in-un-concerto/

Wow, that's really so ridiculous, omg....

" Religion is a bunch of bullshit " :happy: ( my fav quote ever )

Don't they know about it? They better get used to it. All these dramas every time Billie says something is really ridicules.

• Like 2

http://www.liberatv.ch/articolo/14696/billie-joe-bestemmia-sul-palco-locarno-don-andreatta-sono-sconcertato-e-addolorato

here's the article Ilaria talked about, it's an intervew to the priest about this situation, he said Billie and the band should be informed about the gravity of the thing,and see how they'll react..if they apologize or not...

this whole situation makes me laugh I don't know why. they even started a poll so people could express their opinion about it D: here's the poll http://www.tio.ch/News/Ticino/744899/Nessuna-rockstar-e-autorizzata-a-bestemmiare-in-un-concerto/

Ahah I answered that poll like this:

What were your feelings about this fact?

- indignation

- indifference

- joy/happiness

The reactions regarding that swearword are...

-justifiable

-exaggerated

Do you usually swear?

-never

-sometimes

- a lot

:lol:

• Like 3

Ahah I answered that poll like this:

. . . . .

:lol:

I think we should all vote in that poll in favor of Billie & the boys :mad::fight:

But I don't know what half of the answers mean :(

Can someone please translate the poll answers to English and put them in a spoiler :blush: thank you so much!

• Like 2

I think we should all vote in that poll in favor of Billie & the boys :mad::fight:

Can someone please translate the poll answers to English and put them in a spoiler :blush: thank you so much!

i used google translate so its not 100 percent but its close :P

GREEN DAY BLASPHEMY

What feelings did you feel being aware of each other?

indignation

anger

indifference

understanding

enjoyment

The controversy raised by the blasphemy are ...

justified

exaggerated

I do not know

How do you consider the act of Armstrong?

provocation sincere

Provocation for its own sake

rebellion

rudeness

I do not know

Are you usually curse?

often

sometimes

As a reaction to certain episodes

never

• Like 1

GREEN DAY BLASPHEMY

What feelings did you have after you've heard this story?
  • indignation
  • anger
  • indifference
  • understanding
  • joy (JOY! JOY! JOY!-cit.-lol :lol: )
The controversy raised by the blasphemy are ...
  • justified
  • exaggerated
  • I do not know
How do you consider this Armstrong's behaviour?
  • it's a real provocation
  • a provocation for its own sake
  • rebellion
  • rudeness
  • I do not know
How often do you blaspheme?
  • frequently
  • sometimes
  • As a reaction to certain episodes
  • never

• Like 1

Thank you! :happy:

you're welcome :D then you have to click on "Salva i voti" so you can vote and see the risults

Time to vote. TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO :creep:

That's actually a common thing in hotels (well in America)

I have never seen one before in other countries I've been to (12 in Europe, plus my own as 13th), so it surprised me. And I have been to Austria which is also a catholic country.

What happens when somebody of a different religion sees that and they're as passionate about their religion? I bet they feel uncomfortable. :(

sometimes it really sucks to be a Catholic. i think Catholics/Christians worry too much about what others do/say. like they're always getting in peoples shit about like about who they love or what they wear...

"Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat."

That's what it was like when I was growing up - religion was not exactly forbidden, but it was clearly kept out of the public affairs in my former country; and that's what kept us together - Orthodoxs, Catholics, muslims and occasional others. When that was changed - woomp, civil wars.

Perfecr quote. You're wise beyond your years. :)

I have never seen one before in other countries I've been to (12 in Europe, plus my own as 13th), so it surprised me. And I have been to Austria which is also a catholic country.

What happens when somebody of a different religion sees that and they're as passionate about their religion? I bet they feel uncomfortable. :(

Lol well they're more frequent found in the lower class hotels and motels which i find funny escp the ones in Vegas lol

Broadway Idiot mentions dvd release
We've started pulling together bonus materials to go with the documentary when it's released (no date confirmed yet). Going back through the project I came across this 36-way split I built to edit the 21 Guns sequence. It took a while to find the best angles!

• Like 3

Broadway Idiot mentions dvd release

We've started pulling together bonus materials to go with the documentary when it's released (no date confirmed yet). Going back through the project I came across this 36-way split I built to edit the 21 Guns sequence. It took a while to find the best angles!

Cool =D

Lol well they're more frequent found in the lower class hotels and motels which i find funny escp the ones in Vegas lol

That says a lot about their target "audience"...interesting thing to discuss, but certainly not here. :)

Green Day is mentioned by Alice Cooper in this NME article:

http://www.nme.com/news/alice-cooper/71420

"Mumford And Sons are great at what they do. But it's not rock 'n' roll. Don't call it rock 'n' roll. It's an offence to rock 'n' roll."

[...]

"Finally, I just went 'Okay – you guys don't want to be rock bands, great. That's better for us'. There's more for Foo Fighters, there's more for Green Day, more for the bands that really are rock bands. I don't understand why everybody is so afraid to be in a rock band."

----------------

Reminds me a lot of an old interview where he said:

"I go to see bands, and in our era, you had to be a great band, you had to write great songs, and you had to do a great, great show. That does not exist anymore. The old pros do it. And the Foo Fighters do it. And Green Day does it. And that's about it. There's nobody else out there."

Alice Cooper really does like Green Day, I was delighted when he was there to present them with the Grammy for best Rock Album for 21st Century Breakdown.

Alice Cooper is awesome and I'm glad to see he can give cred to other awesome bands.

• Like 2

The Bohemian Rhapsody video has been mentioned by TheFineBros(A youtube group) and it's also a meme on 9gag.

Whenever I find myself 'fantasizing' about when Green Day will be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame, I can never picture anyone who I would want to see induct them that would also realistically be willing to do it (Sure, I'd love to see Johnny Depp do it, but that ain't gonna happen. I'd love to see Springsteen do it, but pigs will fly first. Dave Grohl is my only dream long shot)... but now I really do think Alice Cooper would make a good one :)

Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp are good friends though. :)

1144759-alice-cooper-johnny-depp-617-409

What makes you think Depp or Springsteen wouldn't be willing to do it?

But yeah I think Alice Cooper would be a good choice. Or Metallica!

• Like 2

Whenever I find myself 'fantasizing' about when Green Day will be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame, I can never picture anyone who I would want to see induct them that would also realistically be willing to do it (Sure, I'd love to see Johnny Depp do it, but that ain't gonna happen. I'd love to see Springsteen do it, but pigs will fly first. Dave Grohl is my only dream long shot)... but now I really do think Alice Cooper would make a good one :)

usually the person to induct someone into the hall of fame is someone inspired by that person/band. Usually a younger band. I could see maybe blink-182 or all time low.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day News