Green Day on Radio X in the UK tomorrow at 9am

samozzza

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike forgot his gloves!  Also, now we know Mike wears gloves :P

Apparently he also complimented Chris Moyles's nails, saying they were 'The most beautifully manicured nails that he'd ever seen on a man'.

Of all the promotion in Europe I missed the thing in my own country because of uni :lol: Will have to catch up later.

22 minutes ago, Slash said:

Which class are you in right now? 

I'm sixteen so I would be in highschool in the US, but we call it's 1st grade of the so called "gymnasium".

Just realized you probably meant English class. I'm in English class.

I've added the Facebook live videos to the OP so they should be easier to find if anyone's looking for them.

20 minutes ago, Slash said:

I would say its my fav. song from the album 

You came back from school at 10.30 am? 

Yeah :cool: The next lesson I have is from 4 PM to 8 PM. How cool is that? :toocool:

Well I thought that was a good interview.  It was pretty long, they talked about a good variety of things.  Chris Moyles wasn't great, but the band really were.  Tre was especially on the ball this morning, whereas I got the feeling that Mike was a little sleepier than usual :P  So glad my 10am lecture was cancelled last night so I could follow this live :) 

14 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

@Slash yes, I was sleeping

I do have an epic knack of missing livestreams. (2 in less than 24 hours, that's a record!!)

Are you feeling better today?

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

Are you feeling better today?

Thanks, I still have a cold but it seems much less horrible than yesterday :lol:

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Thanks, I still have a cold but it seems much less horrible than yesterday :lol:

Thats good to hear, I hope you get better soon. 

From Radio X website

GREEN DAY ON TRUMP VICTORY: "THEY ELECTED A FASCIST INTO THE WHITE HOUSE"

green-day-2016-6-1475238687-article-0.jp

10th November 2016, 10:16

The Revolution Radio rockers have spoken out against the newly elected US President on the Chris Moyles Show.

Ym0GoSm.jpg

Green Day have shared their reaction the election of Donald Trump for US President.

The punk rock trio told Radio X's Chris Moyles that their country had "elected a fascist into the White House for the first time in American history".

[Facebook live here]

Billy Joe Armstrong woke up 'choking' to the news of Donald Trump...

After revealing that it was easier waking up to the news in Europe, with frontman Billie Joe Armstrong describing how he found out about the result.

The Revolution Radio singer revealed: "I went to bed and everyone kinda thought the correct side was going to win.

"Then at 6am I wake up choking - like this is kinda gross, like when you inhale spit - so I'm thinking 'oh my god why am I coughing?'

"And of course the first thing I do is think 'I'll check and see what happened'. So I go to my phone and I look and I have 50 messages. And i was like ' this is not good'. 'Cause usually I get four every day."

Last night, the American Idiot singer took to Instagram to echo the same sentiment, posting the lyrics to his 21st Century Breakdown track with an image of the Statue of Liberty with her head in her hands.

The trio have shared their distaste for the politician on several occasions, and most recently declared their American Idiot anthem to him.

Read more at http://radiox.co.uk/artists/green-day/news/green-day-donald-trump-fascist-white-house/#XhKmzM6w71LA3LwL.99

BTW I love how they've spelt Billie's name wrong!

48 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Glad you're feeling a bit better today @Jane Lannister

That was a really nice, fun interview. I also think the interviewer did a good job, especially in comparison with that guy yesterday. I loved that he asked them about the way they put an end to a song, that they don't let it just fade out. Because that's something I really, really love about GD songs! Oh and Tré was hilarious :lol: It's great to see them more agile and happier than yesterday.

3 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Could he have talked about iHeart any more insensitively?  Billie dealt with that really, really well.

Nah, I think it was an interesting spin but a little drawn out. He gave Billie multiple chances to say "no" and he did say "no" in regards to the clip and didn't make it a big deal.

It was probably not the best thing to bring up, no, but I wouldn't call it insensitive. I was actually hoping for a while there that his angle was to downplay the actions and note overreaction and mass perceived ridiculousness of it, because that's been my opinion since it happened. Like, he was describing the guitar smashing and I was so ready for him to say "But...you've done that before."

3 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

@Slash yes, I was sleeping

I do have an epic knack of missing livestreams. (2 in less than 24 hours, that's a record!!)

and almost on time!!

I just watched the live videos. That was good! Tré was so funny, I really love when he talks more in interviews :wub:

1 hour ago, I don't care said:

and almost on time!!

I'm always almost on time :lol:

Really, I'm the person who shows up 5 minutes too later for everything.

4 hours ago, basketcase4933 said:

Glad you're feeling a bit better today @Jane Lannister

Thank you :)

Is there a link to it somewhere? Could someone share it please? 

Just now, unextraordinarygirl said:

Is there a link to it somewhere? Could someone share it please? 

I think the links to all three parts are on either page 3 or 4 in this thread :)

Archived