New shows setlist discussion

Metadon

Yes, I did put Whatsername on my set list up there, for playing live and Give me Novocain..👍

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, vomitslurpee said:

Perfect Green Day set list -

Adam's Song

Haha :D 

Off-topic: I wish they actually played that one tbh. I was quite disappointed when I went to see them that they didn't...

I really wish they would change the medley of covers. It's always fun for artists to do a cover or 2, but not the same ones from one tour to the next.

I understand why they keep playing the same songs from AI and Dookie and I'm totally fine with it. I mean I'm sure most casual fans fans want to hear their biggest hits. But I just don't understand why they won't change their cover choices...

Knowledge won't go anywhere unfortunately because it's the easiest song for any fan to learn being only three basic chords and Billie loves the track immensely having such ties to Tim Armstrong and Operation Ivy. I wouldn't care if they finally stopped with it but, alas, they won't.

2 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Knowledge won't go anywhere unfortunately because it's the easiest song for any fan to learn being only three basic chords and Billie loves the track immensely having such ties to Tim Armstrong and Operation Ivy. I wouldn't care if they finally stopped with it but, alas, they won't.

They only just started playing it regularly again! This tour was the first time I got to see it, it was only played occasionally during 21st CB and the trilogy. I'm really glad they brought it back because I love the tradition of it (although it's wise that they only pick a guitar player now, used to take aaaaaages to pick a whole band). But they've easily used Longview and JOS as alternative songs to bring crowd members up to play/sing before so I don't think it's guaranteed to stay.

I'm not sure why they don't change up the Shout medley covers more, I won't get bored of them regardless but it would be nice. I guess Billie has his favourites.

Yeah but it was in most of the old shows before American Idiot, and all of that tour so it's major overdone and there's no doubt they love the shit out of it. I wish I went to any of the 21stCB shows, would have been nice to see a lot of the shit they did and didn't do on that tour. Billie just loves it. I love the lyrics, but it's just all about the endless amounts of songs they could be doing instead. 2 short old songs instead!!

16 hours ago, blueshadows said:

I really wish they would change the medley of covers. It's always fun for artists to do a cover or 2, but not the same ones from one tour to the next.

I understand why they keep playing the same songs from AI and Dookie and I'm totally fine with it. I mean I'm sure most casual fans fans want to hear their biggest hits. But I just don't understand why they won't change their cover choices...

I agree. I hoping the boys would Change the cover song from Knowledge to "Eye of Tiger" for their next tour..that is one fun song to played.

so i was lookin at the wikipedia page for the RevRad tour and I saw this..

4738889231dad144f69d74665fef588b.png

i dont quite remember them playing either of these three songs AT ALL this tour?? anybody else? last time i checked them not having brain stew in the set was a point of discussion/argument in this thread lol

24 minutes ago, imXieli said:

so i was lookin at the wikipedia page for the RevRad tour and I saw this..

4738889231dad144f69d74665fef588b.png

i dont quite remember them playing either of these three songs AT ALL this tour?? anybody else? last time i checked them not having brain stew in the set was a point of discussion/argument in this thread lol

According to setlist.fm, brain stew was played 3 times, NGFL was played twice and Jaded was played once this tour. 

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/green-day-13d68939.html?tour=Revolution+Radio

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

According to setlist.fm, brain stew was played 3 times, NGFL was played twice and Jaded was played once this tour. 

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/green-day-13d68939.html?tour=Revolution+Radio

Nice Guys Finish Last was played at Webster Hall the first time; don't recall when else it was played.

32 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Nice Guys Finish Last was played at Webster Hall the first time; don't recall when else it was played.

Florence, Jan 11

I love that Billie played Fell for You on his Instagram livestream. I hope this is a sign that we might get some trilogy songs in the future:)

10 hours ago, Paola17 said:

Chicago, Aug. 24

squidward-future-gif-6.gif

35 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Chicago, Aug. 24

I hope so, for the sake of all of you going to the Wrigley Field show.

(and that it's hopefully kept for the entire tour - or at least a good portion of it)

Well, one week until we can start bashing (i mean praising, what) the setlist again! 

I do hope "fell for you" gets added after hearing billie sing it on his live ig feed. It's my favorite from any of the trilogy tracks and it sounded so good even just goofing around!

6 minutes ago, letsdanceon said:

I do hope "fell for you" gets added after hearing billie sing it on his live ig feed. It's my favorite from any of the trilogy tracks and it sounded so good even just goofing around!

It is my favorite as well. I thought I was alone in that. It is just so bouncy and fun and I always loved the thought of Billie making a ton of paper airplanes 

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

It is my favorite as well. I thought I was alone in that. It is just so bouncy and fun

It makes me feel really nostalgic for some reason, like it has a really old classic Green Day feel to it ❤️

9 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

I love that Billie played Fell for You on his Instagram livestream. I hope this is a sign that we might get some trilogy songs in the future:)

We would.Green Day said the trilogy songs wasn't ready to play live and there is a possibility that they could play it in the future.

Yes, trilogy songs would be nice. I don't really like the trilogy, but it's a part of their career. At least one song from each "era" would be cool. 

2 hours ago, GreenDayTheory said:

We would.Green Day said the trilogy songs wasn't ready to play live and there is a possibility that they could play it in the future.

When did they say that?

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

When did they say that?

He didn't. He said that Dirty Rotten Bastards wasn't ready to play live.

CAN WE VOTE FOR NEXT NEW TOUR SETLIST..AND THEN SENT IT TO BILLIE OR WHOEVER IN CHARGE..

I WANT FELL FOR YOU, GIVE ME NOVACAINE..(because the way Billie sing from his live stream thingy)..I want HEAR IT LIVE NOW.

if that not much to asked..:runaround:

9 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

He didn't. He said that Dirty Rotten Bastards wasn't ready to play live.

He (or it might've been Mike, not sure) did say something about not feeling ready to play trilogy songs again yet since they don't have the best memories of the time they wrote them, I think that's what he's referring to.

I guess that must really apply to some songs more than others though. I feel like a sweet love song like Fell For You probably wouldn't be high on the list of songs that might bring back bad memories. I agree it's promising that he played it on the live stream, I'd love to see them play that or some other trilogy songs live.

I feel like I've seen Billie saying several times that he has nothing against the Trilogy songs, there's just not room for all of it in a set list when they're out promoting RevRad (and catering to the casuals with a bunch of Dookie & AI).

But let's not forget they played Nuclear Family once, think it was in Canada? There are so many good songs on there, I do hope it's a sign.

Trilogy songs are so underrated in my opinion

They are also Billie's best lyrics! (Just search for Troublemaker lyrics :P)

Archived