Green Day POSTPONES 3 Tour Days, cancels Toronto show

Lindsay

I just read on Instagram that Jason also had to cancel a show with his band cause he had the flu, don't know if it's true, but I guess it is :/ 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

this is why i never get my hopes up with concerts until the day of . 

Same. Ever since HIM screwed me over and flat out canceled my show, I never get excited until I'm on the train going to the show. 

25 minutes ago, Justin said:

Sorry Tim but saying it's not their responsibility is basically saying that for your wedding you order a band to play, you invite all your friends and the band cancel a couple days before. They just say "well it's your wedding not a gig for us". 

You're right about the NHL should take accountability of the refunds but the band should plan or make some statement on how they plan on making it up to fans. Most of us have lost money on our accommodation and travel. That's hundreds of dollars just wasted.

By your analogy, the band should be giving refunds to your wedding guests and not to you. :ermm: 

If it was through NHL they'll most likely be offering refunds. But I'm not sure what exactly you want the band to do. There'll be a Toronto date next year I'm sure, or if there wasn't there surely will be now. There's nothing anyone can do about accommodation and travel issues, sorry to sound harsh but that's on the individual. It's the same for any event ever - nothing covers how you actually get to the event. And it sucks if you have to pay a lot to travel but they can't do anything about that. You just have to hope the companies you booked with offer refunds or transfers.

"Schedule permitting" = We're still not sure if it's worth the logistical hassle of rescheduling these dates in not-the-most-important markets, especially since these are small venue shows as a promotional tool for an album that will have been out for a while by the time we can reschedule." I won't believe these shows will happen until I'm at home reminiscing about mine =/

Or, someone on FB planted the seed in my head that they'll decide to change to bigger venues to make more money, and idt it's fair that they charged us $75-$100 for tickets that were supposed to be in close quarters and then add a bunch of cheaper tickets. 

6 minutes ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

@Andres Did they by any chance mention when they would know the new dates by?

Nope. As you can imagine, it's busy enough for them just getting through logistics of having to get this information out and cancelling the stuff that needs to be cancelled. They can't simultaneously have new dates scheduled and planned for something so last minute.

Hate to say I'm happy it's only an illness but I'm happy it's only an illness and nothing more serious.  Hope they all get well soon.

Second time in 4 years I've been cancelled on. It hurts. Hope they make a speedy recovery and can undo some of their postponed dates. Also hope they announce the new dates because this will determine whether I request a refund or go to the new show. The timing for this was so perfect I have such a small window between whether I can do this or not. What a BUMMER.

Fuck. This is the kind of shit that makes me terrified of booking hotels and flights in London for the gig. Ever since the whole 2012 stuff buying an actual ticket to Green Day (which as we all know is hard enough) doesn't mean shit since I always half expect the show to be cancelled a day or two beforehand so it's fucking nerve wrecking until they actually take the stage. :( Sorry for all the fans affected. 

Hope they get well soon whatever it is. and hopefully no other dates are cancelled. Super bummed, but fortunately for me its just a matter of hoping/waiting that they follow through will rescheduled dates, but Im really sorry for those who invested a little more, hotels, flights, rentals etc. Hope everyone can get some money back. 

2 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Hate to say I'm happy it's only an illness but I'm happy it's only an illness and nothing more serious.  Hope they all get well soon.

I know what you mean and I was relieved too. Hopefully they'll be better and back on the road soon!

Sucks for us since we'll only be in Detroit on the 24th. Maybe they'll unreschedule, who knows

Damn this is terrible news but i'm glad its just a few small club shows they have to postpone as opposed to canceling a bunch of huge stadium shows.  

6 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

And the other day I was wondering why their instagrams were so quiet...

They haven't all been quiet. 

Posted by Sara last night. 

Plus Tre and Mike were doing a bunch of interviews the other day.

14 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

And the other day I was wondering why their instagrams were so quiet...

Billie Joe's has been quiet.

Sounds like the flu hit California early, before they could get their flu shots!

I hope they all feel better soon and I'm sorry for you guys that have to reschedule trips and bought flights. How disappointing!

Feel bad for everybody affected by this. Makes me very nervous about attending a show because it is at least a $600 plane ticket to anywhere out of Hawaii.

2 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Hopefully Billie isn't popping and juicing too hard again 🤔

Is that supposed to be funny?

3 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Shut up

I'm worried about them :( Can't believe every band member and even some members of the crew are all ill. Hope they get well soon....

Jason posted on Sept 12 that he had to cancel the gig for Sept 13 with California so it has been awhile.

4 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

so not funny

5 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

You have no respect for him....

Archived