What bands should be on Green Day's next tour?

Justin1

27 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

That's what KFAD is for?

#nokfadonthesetlist 

Depends on how early you start with the beer. :P 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hermione said:

Better the other way round! Green Day show then on to a small venue for late night Foxies :D. They've done it before so it's possible. FBHT as an opening act in a big venue wouldn't be a hundredth of what they are in a club, they really have to be up close and intimate with the crowd. For an opener I'd prefer The Network.

Ohh, I agree with a almost everything! But I'm Brazilian, and I'm not playing the odds here. Of course, if I were in the US or UK, small venues all the way, for GD and FHT (the thought of something like that pizza place appearance with Foo Fighters comes to mind, but I don't think those are possibilities here in South America).

The Network, meh. I have the album as a collector's item, that's it. I find it kind of boring.

8 minutes ago, Bruno Schmitt Lisboa said:

The Network, meh. I have the album as a collector's item, that's it. I find it kind of boring.

This

I still don't get why loads of people on here don't Mon the Biff as well as enjoying Green Day as well. At least they write lyrics that aren't meaningless crap like Blink. I wouldn't mind hearing them play in the same night when you think of all the bands they could choose instead.

3 hours ago, Bruno Schmitt Lisboa said:

Ohh, I agree with a almost everything! But I'm Brazilian, and I'm not playing the odds here. Of course, if I were in the US or UK, small venues all the way, for GD and FHT (the thought of something like that pizza place appearance with Foo Fighters comes to mind, but I don't think those are possibilities here in South America).

I like Foxboro a lot more, I just think The Network would work better as openers. Could be amusing with the outfits and secret identities and everything. But yeah I wouldn't exactly turn down Foxboro opening! Would still be better than 99% of acts. And they did open for Green Day once before on the 21st CB tour so it is possible. 

Any Bayside fans here? I'd love to see them tour together. Bayside even said that their dream tour would be with Green Day and I feel like they'd hit it off really well.

Masked Intruder would be really cute too

2 minutes ago, Maid Meringue said:

Any Bayside fans here? I'd love to see them tour together. Bayside even said that their dream tour would be with Green Day and I feel like they'd hit it off really well.

Masked Intruder would be really cute too

I've heard a song by Bayside that I rather liked, sick sick sick or something? I've been meaning to check more of their songs out.

1 hour ago, strangestat said:

I've heard a song by Bayside that I rather liked, sick sick sick or something? I've been meaning to check more of their songs out.

Yeah! I'm more familiar with their acoustic stuff honestly, but I haven't heard a song that I didn't like. They're working on an album to be released this year so if GD gets off their arse and finishes theirs, it would be a pretty decent tour from a promotional standpoint as well.

What if we had something like Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly or The Rumjacks?

54 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Not 5 Seconds of Summer 

Oh Geez I hope they don't get the Aussie leg of the tour:ermm:

2 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Oh Geez I hope they don't get the Aussie leg of the tour:ermm:

I'll pray for you.

On 7/26/2016 at 4:16 PM, strangestat said:

Blame It On Bad Luck  and  Devotion and Desire - two of my favorite Bayside songs :toocool:

Bayside would be cool, but I'd really like to see Green Day tour with Alkaline Trio.  My top 2 favorite bands on the same tour... !!!

Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Anthrax, The Offspring, Suicidal Tendencies will be great to tour with GD.

I don't want an opening band.  I want 3 1/2 hours of Green Day.  I'm greedy.

2 hours ago, Siddharth_471 said:

Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Anthrax, The Offspring, Suicidal Tendencies will be great to tour with GD.

I would love, love, LOVE to see Anthrax along with Green Day, but I just don't think that it would happen. While it's really sad what's happened to the band (the John Bush and Dan Nelson eras were far less commercially lucrative than the 80s Belladonna era, and Anthrax has basically just become a support band, which is a shame to me because I really like them), that's just not realistic at all. They've already been touring in support of For All Kings for awhile now, and I think with Slayer? Or that just might be a one-time thing. Anyway, Suicidal Tendencies and Anthrax both have that punk influence (ST more than the latter), having their roots in thrash, but I just can't envision these metal acts opening for a punk-influenced alt rock band. Plus, Suicidal Tendencies is already booked for the fall--they're touring with Megadeth, Amon Amarth, Havok, and Metal Church. I know this because I've been trying to get tickets to one of the shows. Linkin Park is too big to open for Green Day IMO and so is A7X. Then again, I'm not really a fan of either band, so I wouldn't want either of them touring with GD anyway. Out of those, I'm going to say that it would be awesome and most realistic to see The Offspring touring with GD. 

On 29 July 2016 at 11:25 PM, PurpleIron1039 said:

I would love, love, LOVE to see Anthrax along with Green Day, but I just don't think that it would happen. While it's really sad what's happened to the band (the John Bush and Dan Nelson eras were far less commercially lucrative than the 80s Belladonna era, and Anthrax has basically just become a support band, which is a shame to me because I really like them), that's just not realistic at all. They've already been touring in support of For All Kings for awhile now, and I think with Slayer? Or that just might be a one-time thing. Anyway, Suicidal Tendencies and Anthrax both have that punk influence (ST more than the latter), having their roots in thrash, but I just can't envision these metal acts opening for a punk-influenced alt rock band. Plus, Suicidal Tendencies is already booked for the fall--they're touring with Megadeth, Amon Amarth, Havok, and Metal Church. I know this because I've been trying to get tickets to one of the shows. Linkin Park is too big to open for Green Day IMO and so is A7X. Then again, I'm not really a fan of either band, so I wouldn't want either of them touring with GD anyway. Out of those, I'm going to say that it would be awesome and most realistic to see The Offspring touring with GD. 

Do you have a problem with word count on assignments?

1 minute ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Do you have a problem with word count on assignments?

Yes. Absolutely.

Braincoats. They're a really small band from Sweden, but I think they'd be perfect opening for Green Day. 

Preferably not a big band because 1) i'm selfish and I don't want the tickets to sell out too fast if there are two bigger bands. 2) it's just really cool to hear a new band for the first time that could end up being one of your favorites. 

On 29 July 2016 at 11:45 AM, misfit_xo said:

Blame It On Bad Luck  and  Devotion and Desire - two of my favorite Bayside songs :toocool:

Bayside would be cool, but I'd really like to see Green Day tour with Alkaline Trio.  My top 2 favorite bands on the same tour... !!!

Alkaline trio and green day would be amazing! 

Aside from them if AFI were active atm I'd like them to do Europe. I know they did America before but that was all. But given they haven't done anything for longer than GD I doubt it!

others I'd like to see would be Bad religion, suicidal tendencies, frank turner (again). 

1 hour ago, Lizzie Atwell said:

Aside from them if AFI were active atm I'd like them to do Europe. I know they did America before but that was all.

I saw AFI open for Green Day in Virginia. ;) One of the best concerts I've been to!  

Archived