Green Day secret show at Fox Theater next week?

Alf

I was looking at the Undercover event on Fox Theater next week, where 14 bands will be covering Dookie. On the event on Facebook, after the list of the bands it's saying there will be "Very Special Guests". When GD played the secret show at Gilman last year it was announced the same way.

So do you guys think there is a possibility of this is happening?

Check out the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1104429912914828/ 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I know Billie will be there for sure because I think he tweeted about it saying he will be there, but I don't think he said whether he was playing or not

It's nearly March so they'll be playing the new album from back to front before it's release...obviously :lol:

Apparently they turned down super bowl because they didn't want to be doing a show during the album process. I guess this is different though so who knows

1 minute ago, jumpsalty said:

Apparently they turned down super bowl because they didn't want to be doing a show during the album process. I guess this is different though so who knows

Sounds believable;)

1 hour ago, jumpsalty said:

Says who

11 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Says who

This is common knowledge, Matt, can't believe you didn't know that.

Probably to fix the damage other bands made by destroying Dookie. Have you heard the covers? They are horrible.

Green Day playing a secret show is pretty much always possible so I'd say it is. Would be cool, just have to wait and see!

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

Beth mentioned it on Facebook, saying Bill said that when she visited Broken Guitars.

^I second this. Saw it on Facebook too.

As for a surprise show? I definitely think it will happen. Just kind of seems like "surprise shows" are the norm for them nowadays. If they do play, I hope they don't play anything new. No crappy cell phone vids of new material. When they release it, I want to hear to the real recording.

If this show is a fund raiser then surely announcing green day as a performer would generate more money than keeping it quiet.

8 hours ago, jumpsalty said:

I find it hard to believe that they were actually asked to play at the Super Bowl

4 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

I find it hard to believe that they were actually asked to play at the Super Bowl

This.

And even if it is true that they were asked I'd find it even harder to believe that they turned it down.

There's no way they were asked to do Superbowl. The secret show is possible but i agree it's strange they aren't officialy announced because more people would show up and pay. If there will be a secret show I hope a new song(s) will be played. 

I would actually be more surprised if this ended up not being a secret show.  I'm sure they are not having any issue selling tickets.  It is a charity function and Billie has already said he is going.  People will buy tickets just to meet him.  They did a secret show there once before, only announced as "special guests".  And, it is a show honoring a GD album.  It almost seems logical to have them play afterwards.  

59 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I would actually be more surprised if this ended up not being a secret show.  I'm sure they are not having any issue selling tickets.  It is a charity function and Billie has already said he is going.  People will buy tickets just to meet him.  They did a secret show there once before, only announced as "special guests".  And, it is a show honoring a GD album.  It almost seems logical to have them play afterwards.  

That was at a club show in gilman. This is at fox theatre, but you could be right maybe there will be no problem selling out this theatre anyway so it doesn't matter that green day are not announced.

Maybe Green Day didn't want to be announced, so people would buy tickets for the right reason, support Gilman, and not only to see Green Day 

38 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

That was at a club show in gilman. This is at fox theatre, but you could be right maybe there will be no problem selling out this theatre anyway so it doesn't matter that green day are not announced.

I forgot it was not at Gilman.  I still wouldn't be surprised if they played.  

31 minutes ago, Alf said:

Maybe Green Day didn't want to be announced, so people would buy tickets for the right reason, support Gilman, and not only to see Green Day 

But if someone went just to see GD they would still be supporting Gilman.  It is still the right reason. 

Could it be that this is just part of a simple but innocent mind game? Like, they announce a very special guest on a Green Day Dookie tribute show to support Gilman knowing everyone would speculate that the special guest might be Green Day and therefor buying tickets for the event.

I mean, Green Day is huge, they barely need any announcement anyway. And for this show they maybe don't want to make it seem like they are the main attraction at a show that is mainly set to support Gilman. Like they want to keep the message clear - Green Day isn't supporting Gilman that night, the audience is. But they probably will be present to play a possible secret show.

3 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

There's no way they were asked to do Superbowl. The secret show is possible but i agree it's strange they aren't officialy announced because more people would show up and pay. If there will be a secret show I hope a new song(s) will be played. 

It's true that if it is for charity why not announce Green Day to sell more tickets, but the things is, the place isn't huge, if they announced it was Green Day straight and with a week notice, it would collapse. They can sell all the tickets easily just with Billie Joe being there plus the speculation they might play. Monetary aspects aside, it's also possible that they're trying to get in first people who care about Gilman and the scene, to give them the opportunity and also because if it was mostly Green Day fans there'd be lots who wouldn't care about the covers (we saw that kind of disrespect at the bj and norah show in ny)

But secret show... I hope so and I think so! New songs would be perfect by me :happy:

Archived