hello i'm new! please sign my green day petition

hippie~taurus

https://www.change.org/p/nfl-green-day-for-super-bowl-51-half-time-show?recruiter=484616146&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

hello i'm new here! i used to post years ago under the name notalison but it's been a while and i see things here have changed as well! i started a change.org petition this morning to see if i can get some people to sign for our boys to play in the super bowl next year! watching last night and thinking about it in the previous weeks... i think next year could be their year! with the new album hopefully out by then, a possible collaboration with will.i.am, their recent induction into the rock and roll hall of fame, and the fact that our boys know how to put on one hell of a show, i don't see why not!! think they'd wanna do it?? i've posted this link on twitter and on the gda facebook page among other places, hopefully i can get some signatures soon! thanks guys please share and sign! 

well hopefully i'd get more than 100 signatures i just made it this morning i'm going to change that if i can. green day has more than 100 fans i think 

2 minutes ago, hippie~taurus said:

well hopefully i'd get more than 100 signatures i just made it this morning i'm going to change that if i can. green day has more than 100 fans i think 

Well sure I just think NFL won't give a shit even if you get 10000 signatures. :P Good luck anyway.

Tbh I think the band would rather have the Raiders get to the Super Bowl before them. :P 

Welcome to the forum.  I love your enthusiasm, however, I can't think of one single petition that ever did anything.  They are pretty useless.  The NFL won't care about the petition.  They are all about ratings, which is why they brought in Beyonce and Bruno Mars after the Coldplay back lash.

Welcome to GDC! Green Day topics belong in Green Day Chat so I've moved this there :) 

If Green Day wanted to play the Super Bowl, they would have back in 2004-2007 when they were huge.

The NFL refuses to acknowledge the fact that concussions are an enormous problem in the game. They are not likely to pay any attention to a petition, no matter how many signatures it bears.

That said, it couldn't hurt to try. I've always wanted to see Green Day play the halftime show.

8 hours ago, hippie~taurus said:

https://www.change.org/p/nfl-green-day-for-super-bowl-51-half-time-show?recruiter=484616146&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

hello i'm new here! i used to post years ago under the name notalison but it's been a while and i see things here have changed as well! i started a change.org petition this morning to see if i can get some people to sign for our boys to play in the super bowl next year! watching last night and thinking about it in the previous weeks... i think next year could be their year! with the new album hopefully out by then, a possible collaboration with will.i.am, their recent induction into the rock and roll hall of fame, and the fact that our boys know how to put on one hell of a show, i don't see why not!! think they'd wanna do it?? i've posted this link on twitter and on the gda facebook page among other places, hopefully i can get some signatures soon! thanks guys please share and sign! 

Welxome (back) to GDC :D Good luck with your petition. You may have more success though if the band actually had an album out or had announced definite dates or plans to release one but as of yet it's all speculation. The acts that performed at the Superbowl last night were some of the biggest artists in the world right now as opposed to Green Day who haven't released an album since Tre in 2012 which was a commercial flop. When they do release their next album it remains to be seen if they will ever reach the heights of fame, success or chart  positions they achieved years ago with the likes of American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown or Dookie . Most of US HERE don't give a shit but to play halftime at the Superbowl you have to be kinda a big deal in the current charts/average person who isn't a mad fans mind :lol: 

As much as I admire your passion, your petition description isn't great! 

It's been about 5 years since Green Day has come out with a new album, and rumor has it that 2017 may be the year! Wouldn't it be sick to see our boys,

A petition you want to take to arguably the world's largest sporting franchise should never contain the term "Wouldn't it be sick" or "to see our boys." Nor should "since Green Day has come out with a new album."
I'd recommend making it appear more professional first! 

Archived