924 Gilman Dookie Benefit - Fox Theater Tribute Show Feb. 19

corbygordo

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Alf said:

starts in 5 hours

It doesn't start until 11 PM?  That doesn't make sense.  Sorry on wrong time zone.  IT starts at 8 PM Pacific.  Thanks, 

2 minutes ago, desertrose said:

I am heading out now to Oakland, this should be fun!

If you can, update us with all the info you could get

4 minutes ago, desertrose said:

I am heading out now to Oakland, this should be fun!

Yes please remember us :) and have fun!

Excited to see what comes out of tonight. Should be fun to see Green Day play some songs (as I assume they will) and also to get some fun covers from other bands!!

I have no idea why I am so nervous about this.  I guess I'm just really hoping that they play, and play something new.  I can't wait to hear from those that are going.  

At first, I wasn't expecting Green Day to play any new songs given that this is for Gilman, and the whole show is supposed to be songs from Dookie. 

After thinking about it though, I realized that unless they plan on playing WITH some of the other bands, it would be ridiculous to just play Dookie songs since they have already been done. So we will see. 

Part of me thinks they may just play one Dookie song with the other bands though as they wouldn't want the whole benefit to become a Green Day show and detract from the other bands etc..I don't know, still hoping for one new song.

I think it's very unlikely they'll play something new. If they do play, I bet it's going to be a quick "greatest old hits" (minus Dookie) set, like that one at Broadway. If they're keeping the works of a new record so quiet, they wouldn't play it on a random show, even if it's for Gilman.

However, I believe they could finally say something (officially) about it.

4 minutes ago, Otávio Vidal said:

I think it's very unlikely they'll play something new. If they do play, I bet it's going to be a quick "greatest old hits" (minus Dookie) set, like that one at Broadway. If they're keeping the works of a new record so quiet, they wouldn't play it on a random show, even if it's for Gilman.

However, I believe they could finally say something (officially) about it.

Something like this as a more recent example! (minus the first two songs)

2 minutes ago, Todd said:

Something like this as a more recent example! (minus the first two songs)

Totally forgot about that show :P But yeah that's exactly what I think it would be plus Letterbomb

10 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

What the heck is going on?  ^

Well, that's certainly a rendition of "All By Myself" I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime. :lol: 

Archived