Green Day to Release Limited Black Friday Vinyl Edition of Grammy-Winning Album 'American Idiot'

desertrose

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Green Day today announced that they will release a limited Black Friday vinyl edition of their two-time Grammy® Award-winning album American Idiot on November 27, 2015. The special release will be available exclusively at independent record stores in the United States. Find the store closest to you at www.recordstoreday.com.The 5,000 limited edition run will include a red and black LP (Disc 1) and a white and black LP (Disc 2).

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Green-Day-to-Release-Limited-Black-Friday-Vinyl-Edition-of-Grammy-Winning-Album-American-Idiot-20151123

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Disappearing Boy said:

Billie obviously has some bills to pay.

I highly doubt he has any trouble paying bills.

I don't collect vinyl but it looks good, that artwork looks super cool in most forms. 

53 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I highly doubt he has any trouble paying bills.

I don't collect vinyl but it looks good, that artwork looks super cool in most forms. 

Did you see that someone posted the actual vinyl in Instagram Photos.  I have no interest in collecting vinyls, but this one might change my mind.  

I own this already on just boring, black vinyl. This year's RSD releases are pretty dull and I wasn't going to go out and get anything...but now I'll have to go hunt this down because I'm such a crazy collector.

50 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Did you see that someone posted the actual vinyl in Instagram Photos.  I have no interest in collecting vinyls, but this one might change my mind.  

I don't think photos of the album have been released yet, although one disc is supposed to be red and black, with the other white and black. I think the pic on Instagram photos is something different, beautiful, but sadly not available for Black Friday's record store day.

12 minutes ago, proud_ginge said:

I don't think photos of the album have been released yet, although one disc is supposed to be red and black, with the other white and black. I think the pic on Instagram photos is something different, beautiful, but sadly not available for Black Friday's record store day.

You just ruined my day.  :mad:

Actually no because I probably wouldn't have gotten to the record store anyway.  But damn that was pretty. 

12 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I get that a lot. 

29 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Actually no because I probably wouldn't have gotten to the record store anyway.  But damn that was pretty. 

Was it deep red with a black swirl? 'Cuz yeah, that was a limited-run pressing they did for Hot Topic about two years ago. I have that pressing, and honestly, it looks better in the pictures. Mine is a REALLY deep red, so much so that you can't really even see the swirl unless you hold it up to a light.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

Was it deep red with a black swirl? 'Cuz yeah, that was a limited-run pressing they did for Hot Topic about two years ago. I have that pressing, and honestly, it looks better in the pictures. Mine is a REALLY deep red, so much so that you can't really even see the swirl unless you hold it up to a light.

NO look under Instagram photos, it has a picture of Billie on it and the label is his hand with Love on it.

It sounds very cool, despite the fact I have nothing to play it on, I'm tempted to get in shipped over haha :wub:

Yeah, but what we should really be caring about is NIN releasing a box set of Halos 1-4.

8 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

NO look under Instagram photos, it has a picture of Billie on it and the label is his hand with Love on it.

Yeah but that's not the RSD edition 

22 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Yeah but that's not the RSD edition 

Yes, I realize that now.  Desertrose posted a link to the artists website.  I contacted him, but it looks like it was sold.

18 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Yes, I realize that now.  Desertrose posted a link to the artists website.  I contacted him, but it looks like it was sold.

Damn that sold fast see if he'll do another one for you if he needs another vinyl my friend accidentally broke one of his copies and only has the second disc still in tact 

6 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Damn that sold fast see if he'll do another one for you if he needs another vinyl my friend accidentally broke one of his copies and only has the second disc still in tact 

I asked him but have not heard back yet.  Thanks,

Oh, so it's the same shitty deep red that I have on my Hot Topic copy, and the white's not so much white but kind of a light gray. Y'know, for a band who went so far out of their way to look so exact and uniform for this album when it came out, they keep dropping the ball when it comes to that album's colored vinyl. :dry:

On 11/27/2015, 4:51:08, Jimmy Strummer said:

Oh, so it's the same shitty deep red that I have on my Hot Topic copy, and the white's not so much white but kind of a light gray. Y'know, for a band who went so far out of their way to look so exact and uniform for this album when it came out, they keep dropping the ball when it comes to that album's colored vinyl. :dry:

The white one looks amazing (it's proudly displayed on my turntable) but the red one...just looks black.  I've wanted American Idiot on vinyl ever since 2004 but the lack of artwork inside was a disappointment.  Vinyl has more room for artwork so I was hoping for more photos/artwork.  Guess I'm spoiled with my book/deluxe version.  About to go compare the liner notes/art and see if there are any differences.  Still, a solid purchase (28.98)  but would have really like a brighter red and more artwork.  

Archived