Green Day playing 924 Gilman St tonight (May 17th)

Insomniac186

Why can't I be in California where all the cool shit happens! Damn me for living in boring Wisconsin. Nothing happens here.

Everywhere in the world is boring when Green Day is playing :lol: nothing happens where I live, either haha

is it wrong that since house of blues, i get more excited about sweet children than green day?? really hope they do a UK tour some time soon :D

It's not wrong at all, especially when Sweet Children have been recluses for the past 25+ years :lol: I'm excited, too. Hopefully they'll be doing more Sweet Children shows, and if not just for the fans and themselves, but for more charities. They'd rake in a ton of cash to donate just by doing tiny club shows.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me hopes they release the soundboard audio like they did for Pinhead Gunpowder back in 2010. Doubt it though.

I sort of wonder if they might film it or part of it (a song or two) for their East Bay punk documentary but then maybe it would seem like they were taking advantage of the situation. Like using the charity event and being back in Gilman for filming purposes would be lame.

all gilman shows are recorded, I'm positive something of this significance will be released.

If this is the case, I'll bet they have an entire back room with a walk in safe, stuffed with golden tapes of Sweet Children's first and never before seen performances :lol:

I sort of wonder if they might film it or part of it (a song or two) for their East Bay punk documentary but then maybe it would seem like they were taking advantage of the situation. Like using the charity event and being back in Gilman for filming purposes would be lame.

there would be enough iphone recording and semi pro shots on a digital camera to use anyway for the doco. I'm sure they won't fill the room with professional cameras like they were shooting a music video, but just one or two hand held cameras are most likely

What a fucking experience, Sweet Children at Gilman, just like back in the day. Ugh, the jealousy is setting in now.

If this is the case, I'll bet they have an entire back room with a walk in safe, stuffed with golden tapes of Sweet Children's first and never before seen performances :lol:

probably not

Nah, the soundboard guys from back in the day recorded the shows. idk if they recorded all of them.

11252209_1580802262193047_1017098644_n.j

gregtrevizo

2 minutes ago

The Enemy starting things off #secretshow #924Gilman w/ @thatsyouth @_isabeltrevizo @_cupcakemeg #theEnemy

11258543_895440623828559_1694259456_n.jp

gregtrevizo

2 hours ago

Waiting for the #secretshow can't disclose location. Stay tuned. #itsasecret #eastbaypunk

11150734_468206096666661_523569065121345

biggletron

8 minutes ago· 924 Gilman
If you're at #924Gilman go buy a rad poster for the benefit show from Richard, & pick up price lists for #1984Printing & #AKPress! Buy books from them, hire them to print your shit.

11111524_462742817237381_960367984_n.jpg

biggletron

1 minute ago· 924 Gilman
Particularly odd choice of wrist bands for #924Gilman.

CFQHX_iVEAAQ1K_.jpg

Matthew Bye @mattbye 22 minutes ago

Look who just bumped into Jello Biafra @924gilman.

Atreyue Ryken ❄️ @Atreyue 31m31 minutes ago

Green Day at 924 Gilman tonight. Sold out in 10 seconds, couldnt cut it. Gonna stand outside and hope for a miracle

Atreyue Ryken ❄️ @Atreyue

@Mike_Loughman secret show got announced at 924 Gilman, gonna be Green Day. Went on sale yesterday morning, tried but my phone was too slow

Nah, the soundboard guys from back in the day recorded the shows. idk if they recorded all of them.

Aww my jokes are always taken so seriously :lol: It'd be cool if they did, though yeah, I doubt it.

there would be enough iphone recording and semi pro shots on a digital camera to use anyway for the doco. I'm sure they won't fill the room with professional cameras like they were shooting a music video, but just one or two hand held cameras are most likely

Yeah but this whole event is about something way bigger than them so when I think about it they aren't likely to be working on documentaries or any other nonsense for themselves. They have had plenty of other opportunities to film gigs etc.

Ps. Not that it's my place to tell mods or whoever what to post in the news/main page but wouldn't it be a good idea to mention that this is a charity event? Also maybe if the links were posted to the three funds fans who visit GDA could donate? It seems to me like a good idea anyway. This is the link to Corbett's post that has the links and details if anyone wants them?

https://instagram.com/p/1G4vwNr3ER/

11252209_1580802262193047_1017098644_n.j

gregtrevizo

2 minutes ago

The Enemy starting things off #secretshow #924Gilman w/ @thatsyouth @_isabeltrevizo @_cupcakemeg #theEnemy

11258543_895440623828559_1694259456_n.jp

gregtrevizo

2 hours ago

Waiting for the #secretshow can't disclose location. Stay tuned. #itsasecret #eastbaypunk

11150734_468206096666661_523569065121345

biggletron

8 minutes ago· 924 Gilman
If you're at #924Gilman go buy a rad poster for the benefit show from Richard, & pick up price lists for #1984Printing & #AKPress! Buy books from them, hire them to print your shit.

11111524_462742817237381_960367984_n.jpg

biggletron

1 minute ago· 924 Gilman
Particularly odd choice of wrist bands for #924Gilman.

CFQHX_iVEAAQ1K_.jpg

Matthew Bye ‏@mattbye 22 minutes ago

Look who just bumped into Jello Biafra @924gilman.

Atreyue Ryken ❄️ ‏@Atreyue 31m31 minutes ago

Green Day at 924 Gilman tonight. Sold out in 10 seconds, couldnt cut it. Gonna stand outside and hope for a miracle

Atreyue Ryken ❄️ ‏@Atreyue

@Mike_Loughman secret show got announced at 924 Gilman, gonna be Green Day. Went on sale yesterday morning, tried but my phone was too slow

Dang... I'd buy all of it hahaha

WHAAAAAT JELLO!!??? fuck thats the only reason i would go man that would be the end of my life hug jello and then throw me in the fucking garbage

Yeah but this whole event is about something way bigger than them so when I think about it they aren't likely to be working on documentaries or any other nonsense for themselves. They have had plenty of other opportunities to film gigs etc.

Ps. Not that it's my place to tell mods or whoever what to post in the news/main page but wouldn't it be a good idea to mention that this is a charity event? Also maybe if the links were posted to the three funds fans who visit GDA could donate? It seems to me like a good idea anyway. This is the link to Corbett's post that has the links and details if anyone wants them?

https://instagram.com/p/1G4vwNr3ER/

Here are the links to donate!

Hi-

As mentioned before, this is a benefit for the residents and businesses affected by the huge fire in Oakland @ 23rd & 24th Street last month.

Regardless about who plays today, please PLEASE consider donating to these 2 crowd-funding sites helping the 2 long-time DIY businesses trying to recover- 1984 Printing and AK Press.

http://www.gofundme.com/akpressfire

http://www.gofundme.com/1984printing

P.S.- No tickets are available for today's show. You are not going to be able to get in. Please do not come down and lurk. It's all advance tickets and they're all gone. Please give to the community instead. Thanks!

There is another link (I'm on my phone or I'd post it myself) which you can see in Corbett's post which I linked. All three are important ;)

edit: actually the last link leads nowhere.

As Dom says, I have on good account that this will be recorded. I may be able to get audio, no promises. I have my connections.

As Dom says, I have on good account that this will be recorded. I may be able to get audio, no promises. I have my connections.

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to just give out the recording without permission. Very curious about your connections as well.

This is a great place to see bands! So glad to live in Bay Area and see them all. Have seen Green Day here many times before they were banned.. Still love to go to shows.

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to just give out the recording without permission. Very curious about your connections as well.

I have gotten unreleased Gilman recordings from them before, so they are legit. They work at/know people from gilman, thats all ill say.

never doubt hammies connections...;)

Archived