Green Day playing 924 Gilman St tonight (May 17th)

Insomniac186

I understand being really excited to hear a shout out to your home state in Holiday but seriously, why would they play that???? Holiday requires a stadium full of excited fans and a massive stage to give it the dramatic setting it deserves when it gets played.

I think it was early enough in the setlist that it worked. Honestly I think the only two songs where I was thinking "Why the fuck are they doing this?" were King for a Day and Are We The Waiting.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

king for a day was a disaster :lol:

Oh my God it was just SO bad... everyone was like "MAKE IT STAAAAHHHHP BILLIE STFU!!!"

Yeah someone made a good point, I feel like they could have stuck with playing their earlier tracks since its Gilman, but, whatever floats their boat I guess.

I think it was early enough in the setlist that it worked. Honestly I think the only two songs where I was thinking "Why the fuck are they doing this?" were King for a Day and Are We The Waiting.

king for a day was a disaster :lol:

King For A Day is when I left the floor to go throw up because I knew I had at least 15 minutes to recover. Made it back out there for Waiting!

all those years of whining about how they were banned from gilman and now this what a bunch of crybabies smh

Of course what this REALLY means is Gilman St (and everyone involved with it including all bands who play it and everyone who attends) sold out by letting those wretched sellouts back in. So now everyone is a sellout yay!

Seriously though, y'all need to quit whining so much. Who cares what the setlist is, that's what they decided on because that is what they wanted to play today. Who cares if they've played one or more of those songs a million times, they enjoy playing it live (clearly) so they're going to keep doing it. Just saying.

Here I am wishing I can see Green Day live some day and reading posts complaining about a legendary concert at the House of Blues only a handful of people got to see

Seriously though, y'all need to quit whining so much. Who cares what the setlist is, that's what they decided on because that is what they wanted to play today. Who cares if they've played one or more of those songs a million times, they enjoy playing it live (clearly) so they're going to keep doing it. Just saying.

Here I am wishing I can see Green Day live some day and reading posts complaining about a legendary concert at the House of Blues only a handful of people got to see

You must be new here?

You must be new here?

That doesn't even make sense as a reply to this.

honestly I would love it if they play one of my lies

I think it's pretty rad they're doing a lot of the hits at Gilman, because that's not what you'd expect at a show like this.

That doesn't even make sense as a reply to this.

People bitch. People bitch on this site, off this site, whenever and wherever they please. And "you must be new here" is a sarcastic reply to people who act surprised by this behavior. Would it have helped if I used the sarcastic smiley?

People bitch. People bitch on this site, off this site, whenever and wherever they please. And "you must be new here" is a sarcastic reply to people who act surprised by this behavior. Would it have helped if I used the sarcastic smiley?

:)

Agreed. If I were there, I wouldn't care if they played Nightlife on repeat for three hours, I would just be taking it in and enjoying every second of it.

Jesus Christ, calm down. I'm just saying that I wouldn't be dissapointed about anything when seeing a show that had an awesome setlist in a small venue with songs that haven't been played in 20 years.

Anyways, let's hope that a SBD is released of this like someone said earlier, kinda like how we have SBD of their early shows.

Jesus Christ, calm down. I'm just saying that I wouldn't be dissapointed about anything when seeing a show that had an awesome setlist in a small venue with songs that haven't been played in 20 years.

Nobody said they were disappointed by anything? And I'm hardly worked up, don't worry. :)

How it pains me to know that I'm in this summer, and this had to happen this weekend....

Agreed. If I were there, I wouldn't care if they played Nightlife on repeat for three hours, I would just be taking it in and enjoying every second of it.

um. i would love them to play nightlife over and over again live.

forever.

..and ever.

Shit, important questions: Has anyone reported what Billie Joe is wearing? More importantly, is he wearing his wedding ring?

I think it's pretty rad they're doing a lot of the hits at Gilman, because that's not what you'd expect at a show like this.

Why? They do pretty much the same setlist at every show regardless of where it is. That's why people are complaining. It is fairly identical to the HOB show a month ago. They fid the same on their last tour same setlist every night. It was also a boring setlist comprised of songs that may have been chart "hits" but included few deep cuts or fan favourites. Also if you saw them more than once on tour you could have predicted the sequence of songs. Why the fuck not change it up? It's not like they haven't got more than 30 songs to choose from!!

Archived